Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108342 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #120 on: May 2, 2012, 04:02 PM »
There are several named SHIELD agents.  Obviously, Nick Fury, Black Widow & Hawkeye.  And you could probably include Maria Hill and Coulson in there, too.

As for a Helicarrier pack-in figure?  One does seem likely.  Hasbro did include that Iron Man figure with the Quinjet.  But I took a look at that particular Iron Man, and it is a CRAP figure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 8, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Having seen the movie, there are definitely some things I'd like to see in this line.  Will they happen?  Who knows.

BASIC FIGURES
Nick Fury - seems to be on the way, but when?
Captain America - new uniform, maskless (Helicarrier battle)
Thor - minus cape & armor
Loki - captive (minus armor)
SHIELD Agent Maria Hill
SHIELD Agent Phil Coulson (with Destroyer gun)
Chitauri warrior
Chitauri leader
Thanos

DELUXE FIGURES
Tony Stark with snap-on armor
Iron Man with cruise missile
Bruce Banner & Hulk

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Anyone seen the 6" Avengers at Wal Mart?  I'd like to get a set...my Wal Mart looked like a bomb went off in the toy aisle today...even though it is a Super Store, for some reason they don't carry all toys and never ever have many of the exclusives...**** I hate Wal*Mart

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2012, 10:33 PM »
Anyone seen the 6" Avengers at Wal Mart?  I'd like to get a set...my Wal Mart looked like a bomb went off in the toy aisle today...even though it is a Super Store, for some reason they don't carry all toys and never ever have many of the exclusives...**** I hate Wal*Mart

**** no, I didn't even know about that ****.  Which characters did they include in the ******* lineup?  Gonna have to get my ass up there to look for those bitches.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2012, 02:46 AM »
Anyone got loose pics of the WM Exclusive 6" figs?  Wanna see the Hulk's scale compared to the rest of them before commiting.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2012, 10:22 AM »
I really want to get a set of those WM "Legends" figures, but $200 for the set?  Yikes.  The problem is, our local store doesn't really seem to get these in (aside from the IM 2 ones).  I sort of wish Hasbro just put these out mass retail, similar to what Mattel does with the Movie Masters stuff.

Well, a few weeks into release now, and I'd say that the Avengers stuff is selling better now.  However, I do still see plenty of action figures on the pegs, but the role play and LEGO stuff is really starting to get wiped out, at least here locally.  I don't know if it is because kids probably already have figures of Cap, IM, and Thor from previous movie lines - or if kids in general don't care about action figures as much anymore - but if a movie as broadly successful as Avengers can't move figures, what can?  Price may have a bit to do with it as well, although there have been sales.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2012, 10:43 AM »
Lego and role play are in short supply here as well, though I can't tell if its because its selling so well or if they just didn't get much in. I have never seen more than a few lego sets per store including the home location and end cap.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2012, 07:59 AM »
I haven't seen them mentioned; if so I missed it and am being redundant, but I saw some Avengers 4 Packs exclusive to Wal Mart.  There were two sets; one with Black Widow, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man, and another with Hulk, Loki (version from the Frost Giant set), Hawkeye, and another Iron Man.  I picked up the Hulk one for the Hulk and the Loki.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03 PM »
looks like there is another set now too, from user Dragonkings over at marvelousnews.com

all look like sculpts from the previous lines, except I am trying to figure out that Iron Man...

guess we can scratch looking for a "King Loki" from the Thor line off our lists - looks like this one has a better paint scheme.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2012, 03:29 PM »
I had this set on preorder at BBTS...just got an e-mail saying their source is not going to be able to fill the orders...bummer

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Thanks to user Slizer at Rebelscum we now know this will be a TRU exclusive.  See linky for proof:

http://www.facebook.com/ToysRUsCanada/app_332786446780483

click exclusives in the lower right hand corner and it will show a pic

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2012, 08:22 PM »
I haven't seen them mentioned; if so I missed it and am being redundant, but I saw some Avengers 4 Packs exclusive to Wal Mart.  There were two sets; one with Black Widow, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man, and another with Hulk, Loki (version from the Frost Giant set), Hawkeye, and another Iron Man.  I picked up the Hulk one for the Hulk and the Loki.

I saw the set with Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.  These two 4-packs are all comic figures, and look to be Marvel Universe repacks / repaints.

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Thanks to user Slizer at Rebelscum we now know this will be a TRU exclusive.  See linky for proof:

http://www.facebook.com/ToysRUsCanada/app_332786446780483

click exclusives in the lower right hand corner and it will show a pic

Your link is kinda messed up, try this one: TRU Exclusive

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Saw the set with the new Hulk, couldn't bring myself to buy the set for 1 figure though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"