Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108303 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Shaneva002 did a real nice part swap Blade custom with the Avengers Fury - he just swapped the head and cape and viola

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48 PM »
It looks like another Captain America was planned for the line, but pulled.  I found a couple of Chitauri basic figures with blackout stickers on the back of the card.  I bought one of them and peeled back the sticker to find Avengers figure #19, which is another version of Cap.  I'll take a picture of it soon and post it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2012, 08:53 PM »
So is the Chitauri/Fury wave the last for this line?  I know they've pretty much covered all the main ones, but I was just curious.  I thought at one time I read something (maybe around SDCC) that the "movie" lines (like Spidey and Avengers) would be transitioning to animated starting next year, but I'm not sure about that.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2012, 10:29 PM »
There aren't too many more figures they could make.  Maybe a Banner or Stark figure?  Thanos?  The only one I'd really want is Maria Hill.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2012, 07:58 PM »
A Deluxe Hulk & Banner 2-pack would've been great.  Of course, had they done that when the movie first opened, it probably would have sold better.  They also passed on doing Cap in the modern uniform without his mask/helmet.  That version would've worked for both the Helicarrier battle and the street fighting in NYC.  But the maskless variant that came out was in the WWII era uniform.

And I definitely would've liked figures of both Maria Hill and Phil Coulson.  But I have to admit, even if you gave Coulson the Destroyer gun, a white dude in a black suit probably would've been a tough sell.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2012, 11:44 PM »
But I have to admit, even if you gave Coulson the Destroyer gun, a white dude in a black suit probably would've been a tough sell.

As evidenced by the Men in Black toyline.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 29, 2012, 06:47 PM »
I saw the Helicarrier at Wal-Mart yesterday and it had a Captain America figure included, which is news to me. I had previously thought it was just the ship like what showed up at TRU. Same $70 price.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 8, 2012, 10:10 AM »
WM Black Friday ad:

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Here's a good deal at Target; they have Marvel toys BOGOHO on Avengers, MU and Spider-Man (I'm forgetting if Legends are included).  With the 8-pack of Avengers on Sale for $44 and change, you could pick that up along with a Quinjet ($15 w/ this sale) for about $60 which is probably $50 off what you'd pay buying all the figures & the ship individually.

And, if you have the $5 toy coupon that came on the Target toy ads a couple of weeks ago, you can save that and, if you also have a Target card, 5% off that.  Not bad.  I'm actually thinking about it right now.  Sale is 4 days only.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2012, 08:30 AM »
well, here ya go!  The WM random 8 figure packs are now on sale at walmart.com for $15 each with free shipping to store option available.  try your luck and see what you get!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...ner=lw9MynSeamY

also the helicarrier is down to $40:  http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...ner=lw9MynSeamY

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2012, 05:05 PM »
I wasn't sure if I wanted it or not, but when the Helicarrier recently got down to $34 on Amazon, I went ahead and placed an order.  $40 or below was about the line I had drawn in my head for what I would pay for that, and $34 with free shipping seemed ok.  Not sure if I have anywhere for it to go right now, but thought that was a decent price.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2012, 05:53 PM »
$34, huh?  At that price I could be seriously tempted to buy the Helicarrier!

But then what about the future of the Avengers line?  We're just a little over a month away from Toy Fair.  And when you look at the Avengers Box Office gross numbers, it's the number 3 movie of all time with over $1.5 Billion worldwide.  One would think that Hasbro might want to revisit Avengers in 2013.  But what should they do?  Here's a wishlist:

BASIC FIGURES
Captain America (new uniform, no helmet)
Thor - Mountaintop battle (no armored sleeves)
Thor - Helicarrier battle
Tony Stark - Snap on Mark VII armor
Hawkeye - No sunglasses, rapelling gear
Loki - Unarmored
Maria Hill
Agent Coulson - with Destroyer gun
Chitauri Warrior - with removable facemask & articulation

DELUXE FIGURES
Banner & Hulk (properly scaled)
Black Widow & Chitauri hovercraft

There are definitely a good number of other figures you could offer if they expanded the Avengers comic line, too.  But I imagine Hasbro might not want to cross over too much with Marvel Universe.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:55 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2013, 10:15 PM »
helicarrier for $34?   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085TUAUI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

still too much for me  :P

Then you'll love the sweet clearance deal I found at ye old Wal-Mart this week...

On CLEARANCE for the low low price of $88.88.  Anyone want it?  I'm betting it will still be there when I find time to get back...in July.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 10, 2013, 11:02 AM »
This certainly flew in under the radar, but the Avengers toy line is returning in 2013.  It looks like it's mostly Comic & Concept figures.  But I think they're also making figures from an Avengers animated series, too.

Feedback