Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108306 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2013, 11:46 AM »
Yeah, I was a little surprised by those as well.  I remember Hasbro mentioning at one point last year that the Spidey and Avengers movie lines were going to switch over to animated stuff in 2013, and it looks like we're seeing that.  I saw some of the 5 POA versions of the "big 4", but it looks like they have some more Marvel Universe-like figures in there too of the "movie" team (in comic/animated form) as well as others like a nice Red Skull with trenchcoat and the Leader.  Kind of a nice surprise.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 8, 2013, 06:54 PM »
Some TJ Maxx and Marshalls are marking down the deluxe Avengers they have to $5.00, if anyone is army building Chitauri. Of course, the mark downs aren't universal.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2013, 06:54 PM by Scockery »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #287 on: August 13, 2013, 02:48 PM »
Saw the new Avengers Aseemble toys today...they look like birthday cake toppers with paint to match

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 13, 2013, 03:25 PM »
I received the first wave of the "good" AA line today.  Luckily for me, they look nothing like the pic above.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 13, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Saw the new Avengers Aseemble toys today...they look like birthday cake toppers with paint to match

If you think these are bad, stop by Big Lots to see their $5.99 "Marvel Universe" figures.  They have a Cap, Iron Man, and Spidey that look like those army man parachute guys from the dollar store, but with no parachute.  Avoid the SLP Big Lots because I may have involuntarily vomitted on a few of them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 13, 2013, 09:56 PM »
I got an Avengers Assemble Red Skull from Amazon, it's a really good figure.  Fits in just fine with MU.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2013, 08:46 PM »
I saw the Avengers Assemble stuff like Scott posted above at our Target in the past week or so as well.  I did pick up a Cap just to see what they were like.  I was able to find one with a much better paintjob than the one Scott posted, but they really aren't anything to write home about.  Pretty simplified figures, similar to what we've seen with Spidey and Iron Man already.  I think there is only the "Big 4" Avengers available in this "All Star" line, but from what I've heard/read the other Avengers line (with the more Marvel Universe styled figures) is considerably better.  I haven't seen any of those at retail, although I think they were available at Amazon at one time.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2013, 09:11 PM »
I saw these last night, and OMG are they horrible.  Hasbro really dumbed this line down.  Granted, the new movie won't be out until 2015.  But Hasbro and Marvel couldn't figure a way to give the movie realistic line a little more life?  Especially since Avengers was such a huge hit at the box office?!?!?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 22, 2013, 10:34 AM »
Although I don't know if they have been spotted at regular retail yet, there are actually two lines of Avengers (or Avengers Assemble) figures.  The basic, $5.99 ones (which are these Cap, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk we've been seeing), and then another line that is more in line with the Marvel Universe stuff.  You can see some of them towards the end of this gallery from SDCC (the movie Avengers in comic form, Leader, Red Skull...)

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2013_SDCC/SDCC_2013_Hasbro_Marvel_Sunday/

Or like this (from BBTS):

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22947&mode=retail

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:36 AM by Brian »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 22, 2013, 09:22 PM »
These are definitely not what I saw at Target.  Those were very basic, and looked like they would be at that $5.99 price point.  I did not see these at retail.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2013, 09:47 PM »
Have yet to see them in stores but needed something to add to my cart on Amazon for free shipping and went with Red Skull since I never opened the one from the SDCC set. Cool figures, not sure how different it is from the SDCC release but cool to see Indiana Jones parts basically. Planning on picking up Black Widow and Hulk, looking forward to the next wave which i believe has a a Leader figure in it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 7, 2013, 06:32 PM »
Although I don't know if they have been spotted at regular retail yet, there are actually two lines of Avengers (or Avengers Assemble) figures.  The basic, $5.99 ones (which are these Cap, Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk we've been seeing), and then another line that is more in line with the Marvel Universe stuff.  You can see some of them towards the end of this gallery from SDCC (the movie Avengers in comic form, Leader, Red Skull...)

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2013_SDCC/SDCC_2013_Hasbro_Marvel_Sunday/

Or like this (from BBTS):

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22947&mode=retail

I finally saw this wave today, minus the Black Widow.  And they look infinitely better than the "cake toppers".  I went ahead and bought the Hulk.  I may pick up a Red Skull or Falcon down the line.  But the Cap and Iron Man were kind of underwhelming.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Which retailer did you see them at?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2013, 06:08 PM »
I've seen them at Toys R Us, except Skull and Widow, of course. I saw them at a Target before that, IIRC. The paint ops on Falcon's eyes were awful.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2013, 07:10 AM »
TRU here, too.

Feedback