Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108298 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35 PM »
I saw those today for the first time at TRU too. They had all of them, even Widow.

Not my thing, but they looked halfway decent.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2013, 11:19 PM »
Saw the SA Avengers at Walmart last night. They looked good, but I have pretty much all of those guys already. I might pick up Widow and Red Skull in the future though. Cap and Hulk were probably the worst of the bunch.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Saw a Helicarrier at TJ Maxx for $39.99

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2013, 07:07 PM »
The Quinjet is showing up at TJ Maxx stores as well.  I didn't bother checking the price on it, as I was looking for the Helicarrier myself.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2013, 07:13 AM »
The Helicarrier is on sale at TRU this weekend for $39.99

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 5, 2014, 09:15 AM »
The second wave of Avengers figures from the animated series have turned up at 5 Below.  That wave includes Thor, Nick Fury, Hawkeye and The Leader.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 5, 2014, 11:50 AM »
The second wave of Avengers figures from the animated series have turned up at 5 Below.  That wave includes Thor, Nick Fury, Hawkeye and The Leader.

I saw those weeks ago and wondered what the heck they were...thanks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 18, 2015, 01:05 PM »
Check out this article for a look at what's coming in the Avengers - Age of Ultron toy line

12-inch Titan Hero Tech Figures
-Hulk
-Thor
-Iron Man
-Captain America

12-inch Titan Hero Tech Deluxe Figure
-Iron Man Hulkbuster Armor

The 2.5" figure line appears in this article as a series of multipacks with playset elements.  There's a Hulkbuster set with the Hulk and Hulkbuster Iron Man along with a playset component. Other playset elements combine to build up an Avengers tower.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 19, 2015, 01:09 PM »
Number of new Marvel/Star Wars Titan Hero 12" figures now available: 32

Number of new Marvel/Star Wars Titan Hero 12" figures I am interested in purchasing: 0
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2015, 10:23 AM »
I saw some of the new Avengers - Age of Ultron line at a TRU store a couple of days ago. 

The 2.75" figures look thoroughly disappointing.  The only possible interest I have in these is the playset components that can be combined into a larger Avengers playset.  It's cool that there's another Quinjet and the cycle, but otherwise?  It's kind of a letdown.

There actually IS a line of 3.75" figures for this line.  But they're the *REALLY* dumbed down type of sculpts that we saw in the Avengers Assemble line in the past couple of years.  To quote Scott, "They look like cake toppers".  Personally, I'm hoping that we get some Age of Ultron sculpts of the new characters like the twins, Strucker, Ultron plus the new looks for Cap and Iron Man in the Avengers Infinite line.

The one really semi-impressive piece that I've seen so far?  The Titan Tech Hulkbuster Iron Man.  It looks cool, but it's horribly underarticulated.  I think the Marvel Legends B-A-F version might be infinitely better.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:28 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 7, 2015, 05:49 PM »
I think this one from Hot Toys is the one you want.  He's 2ft tall, has light up LEDs and is a mere $825.   :o
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2015, 08:47 PM »
So it turns out that TRU has a pair of exclusive 2-packs for Avengers - Age of Ultron.  And they're in line with the Avengers Infinite line, since the figures are 3.75" scale with good articulation.  One set features Cap and Black Widow.  Cap is a reissue from the Winter Soldier line, but with the regular deco shield.  And the Black Widow seems to be a re-decoed version of the figure offered in the first Avengers line.  The winner in these sets though, is the Iron Man and Nick Fury 2-pack.  Iron Man is a new figure, depicting the Mark 43 armor.  Fury appears to be similar to the version offered in the first Avengers movie figure line.

These are selling for $19.99 each.  And right now TRU has a BOGO 40% off sale.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 1, 2015, 09:27 AM »
That's tempting.  I might grab 'em if I can find them in the store.  I really just want Iron Man and Widow, so sucks to shell out even $30 just for those two.   :P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 1, 2015, 10:36 AM »
Dang it - I saw those two 2-packs last night but hesitated since the only "new" figure in the bunch was Iron Man. Hopefully they still have them in stock when I go back later today, I'll gladly pick them both up if I can get them via the BOGO...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 1, 2015, 04:47 PM »
Most of the recent Marvel movies have offered up decent versions of the characters in Avengers - Age of Ultron in their respective figure lines.  There are versions of Black Widow, Nick Fury, Thor and War Machine (provided he plays a role in the film) that would all be reasonable figures to reissue if Hasbro had moved forward with a fully articulated 3.75" figure line.  And this new version of Iron Man is a good representation of the new Mark 43 armor.

So who does that leave?  Hawkeye (new look), Captain America (new uniform), Hulk (not done well previously), the twins, Ultron and the Vision.  All told, it wouldn't have been that crazy of a line to build had Hasbro pursued it.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2015, 05:36 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback