Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70307 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Line
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Those stinkers for years ago. Should've launched with more new figures.

I was looking  at Cloud City escape Chewbacca wit C-3PO parts today, and thought "if they made a Movie Heroes C-3PO wth light-up eyes, that might be cool, actually".

Even better if he talked. Hell, a talking Vader might be appeallng, as long it wasn't bulky.

Which is strange, because I've never ONCE considered getting that sound making R2-D2.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2012, 07:02 PM »
the new R2 is pretty cool cuz it does do a crazy amount of noises.  That said, I don't think I am interested in buying yet another R2

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2012, 02:05 PM »
A light up eyes C-3PO, using the B.A.D. mold mostly, would be awesome.  You could press down on the head and it could light up, like the Iron Man 2 figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2012, 07:48 PM »
I think I'd be down for a light-up 3PO as well, however I don't think Hasbro can just base it on an existing sculpt necessarilly.  THere'd be a lot of retooling inside the torso, and one would assume the head as well, for that to work.  I think it'd be cool though if it happened.

Likewise I'd be alright seeing other figures get a shot at this...  Vader's chest box lighting up would be a good choice.  I just hope they don't make the figure itself a statue in the process.  I think the light-up sabers are a neat novelty, but if the 3PO idea were a fully articulated figure with an accurate paintjob, I'd be so much more into it, and it'd be so much more than a novelty to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2012, 08:19 PM »
They seemed to have come close with the C-3PO that came with Chewy in the Saga line. It doesn't look like it would take much to mod that into a working (articulated) figure.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Isn't a 2-1B that lights up in the works?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2012, 11:05 PM »
They seemed to have come close with the C-3PO that came with Chewy in the Saga line. It doesn't look like it would take much to mod that into a working (articulated) figure.

3PO works mostly as a light pipe on that figure, but his back does light up as well...  It is a little bulkier since it's a junk pile so that might be hiding some of the electronics, but regardless I'm sure it could be done in some capacity.  It just might be a little too costly maybe, or might not be quite "perfect" looking. 

I've been brainstorming it all night, actually.  I can visualize a few different ways to do it, some being a little more costly than others because of their intricacies, but I could totally see it in my head.  3PO's problem is he's really quite small, if done to-scale in the figure line.  He's not a big character at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Isn't a 2-1B that lights up in the works?

Haven't heard, but that'd be cool.

I know I'm getting old and all, but wanted to double check - the Tan Battledroid, it's a new paint scheme, right?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2012, 12:00 PM »
I saw the second wave of these at WM yesterday (minus the Padme), and ended up picking up the Obi and Qui-Gon light up figures, the Jar Jar, and the Anakin (although I may return him).  It may have been the fact that there hasn't been anything new for awhile, but I decided to pick up this foursome.  The Jar Jar (while somewhat cross eyed as some have said), isn't too bad, and the light up figures are neat for what they are (and do have nice head sculpts, as some have mentioned).  I haven't decided on the Anakin yet.  He's fine I guess, but the sculpt and articulation don't seem all that different from the TPM versions and I'm not sure - for $9 - I really need him.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2012, 12:11 PM »
the new R2 is pretty cool cuz it does do a crazy amount of noises.  That said, I don't think I am interested in buying yet another R2

Yeah, but the fact that Hasbro hasn't been able to properly do the lights on R2's dome has been a dealbreaker for me with any electronic R2-D2.  With LED's being so cheap and easy to use, you would think that Hasbro could figure this out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2012, 02:14 PM »

I agree... I'd think they could pop open the B.A.D. torso and stuff it with the battery/etc. then it would work just fine... it's worked on a very articulated Iron Man figure too, and it's not bulky.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2012, 03:23 PM »
Iron Man's not bulky, but it's gotta be bigger than a 3PO torso right?  I mean, 3PO is one of the more slight characters of the entire saga. :)

Crack open a light-up R2 if you have one, check out the electronics.  Better actualy to probably crack open the 3PO accessory Chewbacca had some years ago.  That gives you an idea on the size of the electronics involved anyway.

I think the light pipe head ala that 3PO accessory is a good way to get the eyes to light up...  the head basically being one big light pipe, and it's painted everywhere but its eyes.

I've not cracked a BAD protocol droid torso open to do a comparison of electronics and see if it would work. 

Bearing in mind too, that torso would probably need reworked entirely, to accomodate anything it could perhaps fit into it.  This would likely be an entirely new figure short of maybe re-using BAD limbs.  I'd be ok with that, and it's maybe doable.  That's just a really tight fit I think.  I don't have one of those 3PO's available to pop apart or I'd give it a whirl with some extra BAD parts, just to see if it's even feasible.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:26 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Spotted a light-up Obi-Wan today but passed until I can find a Qui-Gon to buy with it... I kinda want the light up figures, not just for the novelty but because there's literally nothing else on the shelves to buy
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2012, 11:26 AM »
I kinda want the light up figures, not just for the novelty but because there's literally nothing else on the shelves to buy

I'd save the money and go to Europe. That's what I did.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2012, 11:48 AM »
I'd save the money and go to Europe.

Seriously, those photos from the pegs in Spain on JTA's front page are enough to make you vomit with rage. That is what every Walmart, Target, and TRU should look like over here.

And Spain's economy make ours look freaking robust. Where's the logic?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy