Collectibles > Discover the Force / Movie Heroes

2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)

<< < (35/38) > >>

Greg:
Okay... these have to be either joke assortments, or just clearing out old/leftover stock. There is no way Hasbro can seriously be producing cases with 3x of figures that have been on shelves for over a year, right?

Scockery:
What a relief. I was worried I wouldn't make my quick draw and jet pack clone quota.

That much leftover Movie Zeroes? Just tape 'em back to back and charge $6 for two of 'em. Reminds me that I remember passing up good value packs.

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Greg on February 28, 2013, 11:20 AM ---Okay... these have to be either joke assortments, or just clearing out old/leftover stock. There is no way Hasbro can seriously be producing cases with 3x of figures that have been on shelves for over a year, right?

--- End quote ---

I think it's almost certainly overstock.  You figure last year probably saw pretty high quantities, but with sales pretty stagnant.  At least that's my thought anyway.

JediJman:
I ordered three cases from Toy Palace the other day and just got an update from them:

- Clone Wars 2013 Wave 1 Case - In Stock & Ready to Ship
 - Movie Heroes 2013 Wave 1 Case - In Stock & Ready to Ship
 - Movie Heroes 2012 Wave 3 Case - Expected Arrival on 3/15

Weird that the 2012 case is the one holding up my shipment, but at least it appears to be on the way in a few weeks.  Pretty happy with TP overall, though they deduct their money from your Paypal account immediately instead of waiting until things ship.   :P

Pete_Fett:
Got my Movie Heroes 2012 Wave 3 (what would have been our Wave 4) from Toy Palace today.

Very relieved to have finally gotten it.

They shipped the case surrounded in bubble wrap in a larger box, so the figures and the case arrived in MINT condition which is fantastic.

So - I have all of the 24 Movie Heroes from 2012 in my mint-on-card collection now. I'd have loved to grab at least a couple of the Light-up Sandtrooper and "exploding" tan Battledroid figures - I wouldn't have gone crazy army building them - but at least two open would have been nice to have.

This case is just yet another example of Hasbro just being totally out of touch with what will get a collector to buy any one figure over another figure. Surely the light-up Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon figures couldn't cost any more money to make than the light-up Sandtrooper, so why, in what would have been your FINAL 2012 Movie Heroes case would you include them yet again, but not double-up on the other three "new" figures in the case?!?!?

Seems like you're a lot less likely to end up with light-up Sandtroopers hanging on the pegs than you are with the light-up EP1 figures. Same thing goes with including the Darth Maul (MH15) and Yoda (MH09) figures in this case - why not drop them and double-up on the Boba Fett and Exploding Battle-droid figures?

Keep making stupid decisions Hasbro and blame everyone but yourselves....  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version