Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70263 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Line
« Reply #75 on: February 1, 2012, 03:41 AM »
I think it's funny (like funny strange, not funny haha) how disappointing basically everything is at the launch of the new line look/TPM push.

Other than Vintage, was anything really all that great?

-All the exclusives are repaints with price-hikes for the most part it seems.  The Vulture Droid and Dewback really sting too.  The droids aren't bad, but that's about it to me.

-Movie Heroes...  All old stuff, really bad selection they went with here, and Wave 2 is pretty slick actually but would've done far better as the launch wave, or at least a mix of old/new.

-Deluxe...  Same as above.  Tons of old, nothing new, yet clearly some really good stuff is coming in the next rounds and will now fight for peg space.

-Clone Wars...  A little better, but nothing spectacular.

-Mid-Size ships...  Same as MH and Deluxe...  a whole lot of old, and better choices available but skipped over (Clone Cannon and Jedi Speeders would've been better than the AT-AP or a V-19).

It just seems like a more backward way to launch things with all this old stuff, and leave the new and more appealing things to a 2nd wave.  At least try to mix them a little bit, ya know?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 1, 2012, 09:27 AM »
It's mind boggling too because these were figures that were considered mega-crappy back when they were originally released... I mean, did ANYBODY buy that Maul for any reason other than the cool metal double saber it came with? I think that Vader originally came with a cool Cloud City platform piece. Now you get a die and a card.

Yeah, strangely though that Vader appears to be in  A NEW HOPE costume, not the ESB version.

I-Mid-Size ships...  Same as MH and Deluxe...  a whole lot of old, and better choices available but skipped over (Clone Cannon and Jedi Speeders would've been better than the AT-AP or a V-19).

I'm gonna Hasbro some credit there. Clone vehicles seem to do fairly well (attack shuttles and remote control tanks aside). The AT-AP and V-19 are good sellers, at least around these parts. Never saw much of the swamp speeder (though that may be due to being undershipped).

The ships that linger are usually Seperatists and Jedi Fighters (which often overship).

Of course, I can't give them credit for tooling up new items that never seem to arrive in stores, like that Mandalorian transport. Or for dusting off and reissuing ROTS Obi-Wan's starfighter...a vehicle that was shipped for some 3 years.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 1, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Yeah, may as well pile on here and state that I think this line and everything about it completely SUCKS. Pegs are jammed full of this junk and it is not selling at all. I don't see how any store is ever going to find peg space for Wave 2.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 1, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Finally got a chance to go and check the stores today, and it really doesn't seem like anything has moved yet.  Plus, it seems like a bit of a non-event for a special release date.  WM has sold through the couple cases of TVC it put out a week and half ago (only one Obi and one Qui-Gon left), but everything else looks relatively untouched.  Also, no exclusives there yet (like everywhere else it seems).  TRU has half of their front display loaded up with SW stuff (the other half is still baby stuff at our store).  They also didn't have their exclusives out, had the vehicles for $32.99, the regular BPs for like $25-26, and the pegs were full for all three lines there (as if no one had really even checked it out yet, as the vintage figures were all there too).  Target had their exclusive two packs (who cares), but hadn't put the new figures out yet aside from some CW (I think they were in the process of loading up the Movie Heroes too).  Overall, a bit of a non-release so far.  Only a few days in, but I remember the days when people would be lined up to buy stuff for a "new release" day like this.  Then again, it is mostly old stuff repackaged - and not even great stuff at that.  It will be interesting to see how this stuff movies, maybe the movie release will help next week.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 1, 2012, 10:24 PM »
Saw this lineup today for the first time.  I think I own most of this stuff from years ago, don't I? 

And what the hell is that Maul looking thing that's yellowish?  ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: February 2, 2012, 01:42 AM »
I think you were looking at the Clone Wars villain-of-the-week, not a Movie Heroes figure...  Savage Oppress.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 2, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Not that anyone here is overly interested in this line, but looking at the rumor report at RS (similar to the TVC one), it doesn't look like there is much on the way from this line for awhile either.  According to that list, the only "new" figures listed are:

Darth Vader
Boba Fett
Sandtrooper (seriously, what is the obsession with Sandtroopers over Stormtroopers?)
ROTS Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 2, 2012, 09:31 PM »
I think you were looking at the Clone Wars villain-of-the-week, not a Movie Heroes figure...  Savage Oppress.

Ah, thank you.  Cards were all mixed together, Maul was everywhere.  Then he turned pale yellow.  I was confused. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: February 2, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Yeah he's animated, and the cardbacks are a little more confusing now, really.  I noticed that this past week shopping as well.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 3, 2012, 08:37 AM »
Not that anyone here is overly interested in this line, but looking at the rumor report at RS (similar to the TVC one), it doesn't look like there is much on the way from this line for awhile either.  According to that list, the only "new" figures listed are:

Darth Vader
Boba Fett
Sandtrooper (seriously, what is the obsession with Sandtroopers over Stormtroopers?)
ROTS Anakin Skywalker
Luke Skywalker

There's bad action feature versions of the other four, but which crappy sandtrooper will it be...POTJ? Toss in a CW action launcher!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 6, 2012, 01:47 PM »
When I saw Darth Vader, ROTS Anakin and Luke Skywalker on that list, I kinda hoped it meant that they were working to give us light-up lightsaber versions of them too.

Makes sense if you think about it, it's this year's gimmick, why stop at just three?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 6, 2012, 02:31 PM »
Maybe, there's no rush at Hasbro. Light-up sabers might be next year's gimmick, too. AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan with light up sabers!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 8, 2012, 02:36 PM »
I know it is still very early (with the movie just out this Friday), but has anyone seen this line moving at retail at all?  The new Vintage Collection stuff has been selling well here it seems (but it still very new), and I think the odd CW figure or two has sold, but these seem largely untouched locally.  That could change after the movie is released I'm sure, but it is really going to be kids (and possibly carded completists) that are going to drive this line for the most part.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 8, 2012, 02:41 PM »
It sits just like all the other repack lines from what I can see, but apparently it's selling...or will be selling in good enough numbers for these to continue.  I think the fact that they're a buck or two cheaper then vintage will keep em moving.  Will be interesting to see how all of the SW lines do once the movie hits........then fades away
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Vader with light up sabre...thank goodness...it's so hard to find Darth Vader figures.

ROTS Anakin with light up sabre...or will he be called Vader, too?

Snowspeeder Luke with a new hat! backpack....retracting grapple rope! Can we expect a snowspeeder rerelease to go with him...probably not.