Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70281 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Line
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 04:31 PM »
Yeah, a couple tempt me almost, but I think I'll be just walking away from all of these...  I just can't justify it at this point.  They're really bad older figures, and the new ones aren't any great shakes either except maybe Jar Jar.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2011, 09:22 PM »
These have shown up already in Mexico! That's a good place for them. They can all be shipped there.  ;D

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 04:21 AM »
The second wave of these showed up here in the UK, I pulled the trigger on Qui Gon and Obi Wan with the light up sabers and the Jar Jar.

For the curious, the Jedi heads are not directly exchangeable to their vintage counterparts, some modifications to neck posts or heads would be necessary, not to mention skin tone issues. Both heads are superior though, particularly the Qui Gon in my opinion. The colors of theirs Jedi garb also seem more accurate.

Both have the same level of articulation:

Ball jointed head
Swivel shoulders (the lightsaber arm only swivels part way)
Ball jointed left elbow
Swivel left wrist
Swivel hips
Ball jointed knees

Both also have removable lower tunics, presumably so they can sit.
The lightsabers are very bright but the batteries are non replaceable according a disclaimer inside the packaging, so go easy on that dueling. I'm really surprised they haven't released a Maul with the same feature... surely kids are going to want someone to fight... maybe he's coming later.

Overall the gimmick is nice for kids, I guess it's 2012's version of the telescoping saber, but it would have been nice if these heads had turned up on the vintage versions

Jar Jar has a strange head joint, it's kind of like  a tiny loose ball joint inside the neck that gives the head a kind of tilting motion, which looks good from the angle it's tilted towards and awful from others. He's also got a swivel waist and shoulders and jointed wrists and knees. As I don't own any previous versions of  him I felt compelled to pick him up, but I'm hoping the vintage one rumored, is going to have more going for it. The weapon he came with has got some serious power.

The projectile is still at large somewhere in my living room.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 07:33 AM »
If my eyes don't deceive me, I would swear that Hasbro just brought back clone trooper #6 with a $10 plus tax price tag.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12426410
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 09:30 AM »
I saw lots of those at Walmart. It's pretty sad.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51 AM »
If my eyes don't deceive me, I would swear that Hasbro just brought back clone trooper #6 with a $10 plus tax price tag.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12426410

It's all a bad dreaaaaam.

Based on pictures at Galactic Hunter, it seems that Shock Trooper has just the one shoulder armor piece with the logo on it. I'd think they'd use the one without the logo, but if you are gonna reissue something no one wants, you might as well make it inaccurate, too.

I'm also amused they've bothered to keep painting the rifle's stock brown, too. All the "rising costs" and "save money" talk and they keep paint apps that few care about.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2012, 10:54 AM »
I saw lots of those at Walmart. It's pretty sad.

Dude they dug that thing up from 2005, dusted it off, and started pumping out more clone #6's?  Oh that is terrible.  It wasn't a good sculpt then.  Clone 41 came out right after that and was vastly superior in every way.  That was 7 years ago.

It seems to me that Hasbro is offering infinitely more crap than good stuff for 2012 so far.  Hopefully they have something good planned for the Fall because there are going to be pegwarmers galore until then.  And the price hike is exactly what they don't need to get that stuff moving.  Most of that movie heroes (legends) line stuff has been replaced by superior figures already.   They should have left us with just the legend of their greatness instead of putting them out again.  I can't imagine they are going to make money on that.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:57 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 11:19 AM »
What about that Jetpack Clone Trooper?  He was a $10 deluxe last time he was on the pegs (2005).  Almost seems like a bargain having him in the Movie Heroes line for $9-10 compared to all the $5 figures being recycled into this line for $9-10 now. :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:20 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Jeff you are an eternal optimist.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2012, 02:06 PM »
Dude they dug that thing up from 2005, dusted it off, and started pumping out more clone #6's?  Oh that is terrible.  It wasn't a good sculpt then.  Clone 41 came out right after that and was vastly superior in every way.  That was 7 years ago.

And to dig up a debate from 7 years ago...it was NOT superiour in every way, just most ways. The #6 clone could actually sit down, the #41 risked tearing the hip joints or the hips becoming extremely loose (which is also why the carded 2005 ROTS AT-RT driver sucked for its intended purpose).

The Jet Pack clone mold is superiour to both in its ability to sit while not having wide-hips, but from the waist up has pre-2000 levels of articulation (Hasbro likes to make deluxe figures worse than single carded ones, see Captain America).

Of course that didn't matter to folks who wanted rows of rows of identical figures standing on a shelf.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2012, 02:29 PM »
Although it is nothing, that is something I don't get.  If they are going to re-use and repackage figures, why not use the best versions available?  I can understand them wanting to put in things like the "light up" saber figures, and maybe some other action featurey stuff for kids, but for the figures that are getting straight repackages, why not use the best versions available.  I've often said I wouldn't mind a Legends/Heroes/type line if it was just filled with Hasbro's "best of the best" from across the Saga.  If it was filled with the VOTC/VTSC/TVC/Evolutions figure quality (and some from the other basic lines), it wouldn't be so bad as something for either new collectors, kids, or casual buyers.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2012, 03:27 PM »
Yep, I've seen several cases of these "new" movie heroes at Wal-Mart the past week - I'm just letting them hang and am grabbing the new vintage figures I want.

Of note, in my area the Movie Heroes are $7.96 - both the new CW and Vintage are $8.96.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 04:15 AM »
Has anyone been able to confirm whether R2 is a different electronic version than the one we've seen released in the past?

I believe I've got this accurately:

Wave 1
MH01 - Shock Trooper (Ep III)
MH02 - Super Battle Droid
MH03 - R2-D2
MH04 - Battle Droid
MH05 - Darth Maul - 1 hand on saber
MH06 - Darth Vader
MH07 - General Grievous
MH08 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ep I)
MH09 - Yoda
MH10 - Qui-Gon Jinn
MH11 - Clone Trooper (Ep III w/jetpack)
MH12 - Destroyer Droid

Wave 2
MH13 - Jar Jar Binks
MH14 - Anakin Skywalker (Ep I)
MH15 - Darth Maul - 2 hands on saber
MH16 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - light-up saber
MH17 - Padme Amidala
MH18?? - Qui-Gon Jinn - light-up saber

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 07:50 AM »
The one I have doesn't sound all that different. I can check quick though to confirm.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Hasbro said R2 came with 32 phrases and I would think that's the most so far. So I think that part is new.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:53 PM by P-Siddy »