Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)  (Read 70271 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Basic Figures (Maul cardback)
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2013, 08:16 AM »
Why wouldn't the Movie Heroes and Clone Wars figures ship as well? This is good news. While I know the ship has sailed on the last wave of Maul-packaging MH figures, I find it very hard to believe they wouldn't just ship a single wave for a couple of months just to have product in the stores until the Vader-packaging stuff kicks in this summer.

I hope so too man, but the thing is though, I feel like if that was going to happen, we would already be seeing the Maul-packaged figures getting clearanced, like how the TVC line is at Target right now. The fact that no stores seem to have any particular desire to A) move the old stock, or B) order any new stock, seems to point to a protracted stalement on the pegs for the next few months. Add that to the fact that none of the Targets that have recently reset have stocked new CW figures, and I think it's sort of a bleak outlook.

Then again, I'm not sure the Yoda packaged stuff ever got as far as having a DPCI assigned, so who knows. Maybe they would just throw the new stuff up with the old.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2013, 11:10 AM »
\\ Maybe they would just throw the new stuff up with the old.

I was thinking that is how Target would handle the new stuff. They did something similar last year by rolling the Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and Avengers lines all together under the same DPCI. But then again another reset in March or April for green packaged and TVC figures might be possible, since Target seems to love resetting their aisles on a monthly basis nowadays.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Got my shipping notice from Toy Palace. I'll let everyone know how long it takes and what kind of condition the stuff arrives in.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2013, 10:28 AM »
The good news is that more 2012 Movie Heroes figures are shipping this Spring...  the bad news is that this Spring will see more of Waves 2/3 and NOT the Wave 4 figures that people are trying to find.

EE has posted these two new cases for Spring 2013:

2012 Movie Heroes Wave 3, Revision 1 - March 2013
2x Darth Maul, 3x Clone Shock Trooper, 2x R2-D2, 2x Battle Droid, 1x Darth Vader, 1x General Grievous, 1x Clone Trooper

2012 Movie Heroes Wave 3, Revision 2 - March 2013
3x Clone Shock Trooper, 3x Darth Vader, 3x General Grievous, 3x Clone Trooper

Like I said over in the similar Clone Wars thread - they can get us NEW case assortments of the 2012 carded stuff but can't find a way to get us the 2013 stuff?  Epic. Fail.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2013, 11:19 AM »
This is BEYOND ridiculous.

Someone at Hasbro needs to be FIRED over how bad this line is being handled.

Personally, even though I still have my Wave "4" 2012 MH figures on their way from Toy Palace (the shipment seems to be "lost" at the moment unfortunately) - if EE was selling the Wave 4 figures, I'd be ecstatic since it would mean I'd have ample opportunity to buy multiple exploding tan Battledroids.

What I really don't understand is if they can get this to EE, why can't they get the 2013 stuff in Tri-lingual packaging to EE?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2013, 11:20 AM »
Okay... these have to be either joke assortments, or just clearing out old/leftover stock. There is no way Hasbro can seriously be producing cases with 3x of figures that have been on shelves for over a year, right?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2013, 12:46 PM »
What a relief. I was worried I wouldn't make my quick draw and jet pack clone quota.

That much leftover Movie Zeroes? Just tape 'em back to back and charge $6 for two of 'em. Reminds me that I remember passing up good value packs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2013, 03:06 PM »
Okay... these have to be either joke assortments, or just clearing out old/leftover stock. There is no way Hasbro can seriously be producing cases with 3x of figures that have been on shelves for over a year, right?

I think it's almost certainly overstock.  You figure last year probably saw pretty high quantities, but with sales pretty stagnant.  At least that's my thought anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 1, 2013, 09:30 AM »
I ordered three cases from Toy Palace the other day and just got an update from them:

- Clone Wars 2013 Wave 1 Case - In Stock & Ready to Ship
 - Movie Heroes 2013 Wave 1 Case - In Stock & Ready to Ship
 - Movie Heroes 2012 Wave 3 Case - Expected Arrival on 3/15

Weird that the 2012 case is the one holding up my shipment, but at least it appears to be on the way in a few weeks.  Pretty happy with TP overall, though they deduct their money from your Paypal account immediately instead of waiting until things ship.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 5, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Got my Movie Heroes 2012 Wave 3 (what would have been our Wave 4) from Toy Palace today.

Very relieved to have finally gotten it.

They shipped the case surrounded in bubble wrap in a larger box, so the figures and the case arrived in MINT condition which is fantastic.

So - I have all of the 24 Movie Heroes from 2012 in my mint-on-card collection now. I'd have loved to grab at least a couple of the Light-up Sandtrooper and "exploding" tan Battledroid figures - I wouldn't have gone crazy army building them - but at least two open would have been nice to have.

This case is just yet another example of Hasbro just being totally out of touch with what will get a collector to buy any one figure over another figure. Surely the light-up Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon figures couldn't cost any more money to make than the light-up Sandtrooper, so why, in what would have been your FINAL 2012 Movie Heroes case would you include them yet again, but not double-up on the other three "new" figures in the case?!?!?

Seems like you're a lot less likely to end up with light-up Sandtroopers hanging on the pegs than you are with the light-up EP1 figures. Same thing goes with including the Darth Maul (MH15) and Yoda (MH09) figures in this case - why not drop them and double-up on the Boba Fett and Exploding Battle-droid figures?

Keep making stupid decisions Hasbro and blame everyone but yourselves....  ::)
Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2013, 12:41 PM »
I ordered three cases from Toy Palace the other day and just got an update from them:

- Clone Wars 2013 Wave 1 Case - In Stock & Ready to Ship
 - Movie Heroes 2013 Wave 1 Case - In Stock & Ready to Ship
 - Movie Heroes 2012 Wave 3 Case - Expected Arrival on 3/15

Weird that the 2012 case is the one holding up my shipment, but at least it appears to be on the way in a few weeks.  Pretty happy with TP overall, though they deduct their money from your Paypal account immediately instead of waiting until things ship.   :P

Heard back from Toy Palace today that they are not getting their planned shipment of MH 2012 Wave 3 from Hasbro.  So no tan Battledroid or Boba Fett for me.   :-\  I'm a little sour about it, given that I've had other options like Ebay to get these figures over the last few weeks, but now there doesn't seem to be anything left after waiting three weeks.  Also pretty crummy that they held my money and the other two cases for 3 weeks when I could have paid less and had the cases by now.   ARGH!  Thanks for screwing me twice on the same case Hasbro.

Anyone know anywhere else these might be available via the case or single figures?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2013, 08:24 PM »
The last US wave seems to be hitting Ross now at $4.99 a pop.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Now at Five Below, wave 2? The wave with new TPM characters, light up saber Obi-Won and Qui-Gon.

Much rather have seen the vintage wave...any vintage wave.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 9, 2013, 09:13 PM »
I saw a ton of these in the old wheelbarrow up front at 5 Below today. Looked like a whole lot of Wave 2.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2013, 09:06 PM »
Unfortunately Movie Heroes are what's pictured in their Christmas Toy Book...  :(

I'm hoping for TVC goodness to trickle in, which is possible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77