Author Topic: Knashdx's Stargate SG1/Atlantis Customs  (Read 10825 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Knashdx's Stargate SG1/Atlantis Customs
« on: February 5, 2009, 12:58 PM »
More customs -

These are the original Teal'c figures. The following are custom Teal'c figures. Most of this is simple head swapping.

The body of the figure is the Elite Serpent Guard that was a mail-a-way figure that I swaped heads with.

These Teal'c figures required a swap of legs to make. Simple heat the figure up with a hairdryer and pop them apart. Heat them up again and pop them back together.

Picture of what Teal'c looked like on the TV show and the look I was trying to recreated.

I used a WWE Triple H figure and cut his hair off. Then I cut thin strips of them and glued them to the face to create the soul-patch.

This Teal'c has been a year plus in the works. But is almost done and I will post pictures wtihin the month of it being done.

Figure on left is the regular and the figure on the right was a head swap with a different Samantha Carter figure.

Middle figure is the regular the others were just a head swaps with other figures to make more Cameran Mithcel figures.

The middle figure was the case topper that was limited to 1500. I got 4 of them and swaped heads with all the different figures (not pictured is the Cameran Mitchell).

I went a purchased a section of cloth that closely matched the look the figure had on the show. I then glued a section of that fabric to the inside of the hood. I changed the black skull head that they had put on the figure with a crystal skull that came with the Black Op's Daniel Jackson. I attached a LED light into the crystal skull and glued the skull in place. The cord for the light goes out the back of the hook and seperate from the body. The green base is the battery pack for the light.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2011, 01:46 PM by Jeff »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Knashdx's Stargate SG1 Customs
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2009, 01:23 PM »
That is awesome Ryan!  Very cool light up custom at the bottom!  I want more detail on how you added the LED and battery pack.  Is this something you scaveneged from another toy or did you buy the parts somewhere?  Very cool custom!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2009, 01:45 PM »
That is awesome Ryan!  Very cool light up custom at the bottom!  I want more detail on how you added the LED and battery pack.  Is this something you scaveneged from another toy or did you buy the parts somewhere?  Very cool custom!

I picked up some battery opperated LED lights from Target a couple years ago from their Dollar section. I havn't seen them again, but Target does carry strings of lights like this at X-Mas time. Maybe check Big Lots or dollar store to see if anyone has stuff like this still.

I removed all but one of the lights off the string.

I then took some scrap wood and some different drill bits and dremel bits and cut holes into the wood to see which one made a hole big enough for the bulb.

Once I found a bit that would make a hole big enough for the bulb I carefully drilled a hole in the bottom of the skull and then I glued the bulb in place.

This way the buld doesn't come out of the figure and mess it up since I glued the hood back onto the figure when I was done making it.

The cord goes out the back and hangs loose (not happy with that, but wasn't willing to hack the toy apart to make a channel for the cord as I wasn't shure how well that would look or work out.

I just stand the figure on the battery pack with the switch up and then when I want to have the skull lit I can just flick the switch without having to fumble with the toy.

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 6, 2009, 05:43 PM »
I love the way the skull lights up, looks wicked! This guy (Master Evil) definitely looks like he should not be messed with unless you have a death wish. He looks great the way he is, but i can picture a lil more aggressive hand posture on him. Maybe swap Darth Bane's left hand onto him or something.
Great Job! This figure Rocks!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2009, 09:41 AM »
I love the way the skull lights up, looks wicked! This guy (Master Evil) definitely looks like he should not be messed with unless you have a death wish. He looks great the way he is, but i can picture a lil more aggressive hand posture on him. Maybe swap Darth Bane's left hand onto him or something.
Great Job! This figure Rocks!

It is a 6" tall figure so Darth Bane's head won't work. I have been looking for different hands since these are the standard hands for all the toys.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:43 AM by knashdx »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 11:03 AM »
Here are some more Stargate Atlantis figures I made.

Col Carter regular figures on the Left - Black Ops Col Carter on Right.

Just took the figure apart by heating it up with a hairdryer, and the seperated the joints at the arms, waist, feet, hands & removed the head. Covered the flesh section that is her neck with tape, and then painted everything with Krylon Semi-Flat black paint. Let the paint dry for an hour and then heated all the sections back up and put the toy back together.

Dr. Keller regular figure on the left - Black Ops Dr. Keller on right.

(Same as I did with Carter) Just took the figure apart by heating it up with a hairdryer, and the seperated the joints at the arms, waist, feet, hands & removed the head. Covered the flesh section that is her neck with tape, and then painted everything with Krylon Semi-Flat black paint. Let the paint dry for an hour and then heated all the sections back up and put the toy back together.

Picture is from the Atlantis Season 4 show TRIO - Carter, Keller & Dr. McKay. Inspiration for the Black Ops outfits. The McKay custom is still being built.

Center figure is the Black Garrison Col. Sheppard that is part of the line, and the 2 customs. The customs are a little more glossy than the regular figures, but over all they match very closely.

I ended up sacraficing a spare body section as I attempted to match paint.

Krylon Satin Black paint 51613 - became gooey on the toy and made it impossible to do anything with the toy.
Krylon Flat Black paint 51602 - Couldn't find it at any of the retailers locally so I never got a chance to try it.
Krylon Satin Plastic Bonding paint 2421- dried glossy on the toy which made the figure really not match the MFG paint in the series.

I ordered the Krylon Semi-Flat Black 1613 on line since I had used it before with great results. Problem is that Krylon discontinued the production for this in their Interior/Exterior line and it is only available in the Industrial line and as such there is a little more gloss to it as you can see in the picture, but it is better than the other option I had.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:34 AM by knashdx »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 11:23 AM »
Those are pretty cool Ryan - well done!  Now you just need a utility vest and holster accessories to spice these up a little...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today