Author Topic: Ewok's Pimped Out Ride...  (Read 9168 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Ewok's Pimped Out Ride...
« on: October 4, 2011, 11:26 PM »
...isn't done, but guess what I found!?  :)

I was cleaning out storage buildings I have for a family sale we were going to have, and wouldn't you know it, I saved a "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" Battle Wagon, and it's 99% complete, only missing the "hook" piece to the catapult.

I'm going to give it a paintjob since, even with a box and almost complete, these are apparantly worthless.  I'll make it my own Ewok wagon since that was its birth in the first place, but with a good paintjob I think it'll be a billion times cooler, even lacking the big skull.

Plus, I really feel as though Ewoks have a ****** display set-up and I now have a pretty sizable army of furballs between hood swapping, a little minor repainting, weapon swapping, etc.  It's really easy these days to make a decent army of these guys!  If only there were Wompus, right?  Right.

So yeah, something for them to ride into battle (without any clear means of it moving itself).  Yeah, it'll basically just be a big way to display them without having an entire Ewok Village playset out there (I have that too, but yeah, it's a spacehog for figure displaying).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Re: Ewok's Pimped Out Ride...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 10:52 AM »
...isn't done, but guess what I found!?  :)

I was cleaning out storage buildings I have for a family sale we were going to have, and wouldn't you know it, I saved a "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" Battle Wagon, and it's 99% complete, only missing the "hook" piece to the catapult.

I'm going to give it a paintjob since, even with a box and almost complete, these are apparantly worthless.  I'll make it my own Ewok wagon since that was its birth in the first place, but with a good paintjob I think it'll be a billion times cooler, even lacking the big skull.

Plus, I really feel as though Ewoks have a ****** display set-up and I now have a pretty sizable army of furballs between hood swapping, a little minor repainting, weapon swapping, etc.  It's really easy these days to make a decent army of these guys!  If only there were Wompus, right?  Right.

So yeah, something for them to ride into battle (without any clear means of it moving itself).  Yeah, it'll basically just be a big way to display them without having an entire Ewok Village playset out there (I have that too, but yeah, it's a spacehog for figure displaying).

Are you talking about a wampa, wampus cat, or something else?
Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 12:04 PM »
If only there were Wompus, right?  Right.

Are you talking about a wampa, wampus cat, or something else?

Wompus... now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Story/Origin of Wompus

Hasbro did eventually end up making him with the LFL name "Wunka" in a Kmart 2-pack.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 05:27 PM »
He’s a wonderful figure to boot.  They really did spoil us with Ewoks there for a brief time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 12:23 PM »
Nice, I grabbed two of those Kmart packs. I'm glad I'm top of something legendary. I missed out on Kaink from the Boarding party set. That set is way too expensive now.

Also, Im glad they made Chubbray. I totally knew the character when I got Kevin Johnson's autograph at celebration.
https://www.facebook.com/BNWComics/photos/meet-actor-kevin-thompson-chubbray-in-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-chukha-trok-i/10157058888695340/
Macklunkey!