Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 14 (2012 Wave 4)  (Read 12518 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Vintage Collection Wave 14 (2012 Wave 4)
« on: October 15, 2011, 12:40 AM »
So, based on the slide shown at NYCC, 2012 Wave 5 will just be 2011 Wave 7 plus Gamorrean?  Not that exciting, but I suppose it will be nice to see more Piggy and RFT figures hit retail...

"Vintage" Collection Wave 14 (2012 Wave 5)
  2012 VC21 Gamorrean Guard {re-release}
  2012 VC50 Han Solo (Bespin) {re-release}
  2012 VC51 Barriss Offee {re-release}
  2012 VC52 Rebel Fleet Trooper {re-release}
  2012 VC53 Bom Vimdin {re-release}
  2012 VC54 ARC Trooper Commander {re-release}
  2012 VC55 Logray {re-release}

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:56 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 14 - Re-issue Wave
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 01:35 AM »
Will these also be "modified" re-releases with the new style card-backs? I don't think Hasbro truly understands the concept of a straight re-release, while the figure inside may be the same, if the cardback isn't the same (both front and back) then it's not a re-release and someone still looking for the figure, as it was originally released needs to keep looking.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36 AM »
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the "carded collector" usually takes a backseat to Hasbro's ultimate plans.  I'd expect the cards to possibly change.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:22 AM »
I'll just be happy to see them at retail. Maybe. If things haven't backed up so bad again.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Will these also be "modified" re-releases with the new style card-backs? I don't think Hasbro truly understands the concept of a straight re-release, while the figure inside may be the same, if the cardback isn't the same (both front and back) then it's not a re-release and someone still looking for the figure, as it was originally released needs to keep looking.

At the Panel they stated that these would be Straight up Re-Releases, no changes on the card, no changes on the figures.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 06:54 PM »
I need all of these so I'm glad it's coming. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 07:43 PM »
At the Panel they stated that these would be Straight up Re-Releases, no changes on the card, no changes on the figures.

So the back of the card will be the same back of the card we have now?

I got the impression from other folks' posts that the cardbacks would indeed be different to match the design look-and-feel that they're adopting with the EP1 Vintage Figures - something that looks more like the old vintage 12-back cardback designs.

Sure the front of the card and the figure will be the same, but that doesn't mean the back of the card will.

If it is - great! (not that I'd be considering even bothering with a card variation like that) - but here's hoping that the Wedge re-release will have the current Vintage style cardback as well, so it truly can be slotted into one's collection equally as a figure from the final ROTJ wave assortment ratio case released earlier this year.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 11:58 AM »
This is good news for me, I'm yet to get my hands on Han, Bom and the arc trooper...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 12:14 PM »
I got the impression from other folks' posts that the cardbacks would indeed be different to match the design look-and-feel that they're adopting with the EP1 Vintage Figures - something that looks more like the old vintage 12-back cardback designs

I've read the same too.  Some people heard that the cards would be identical (Paul, Dan Curto), some people heard the cardbacks would be updated to 2012 style for all the repacks (Mike Sullenger).  Also from what I heard, what was being said at the booth about the cardbacks didn't appear to match what was said at the panel...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 12:18 PM »
They just want us to waste a question for the Q&A to clarify statements.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 12:45 PM »
They just want us to waste a question for the Q&A to clarify statements.

No doubt...  :-\

The question could be a two-parter, asking why figures like Ponda Baba, Echo Base Hoth Rebel and Bastilla Shan aren't also going to be re-slotted into the assortments since those three figures will be as hard to get (or harder) than the Bespin Han/Barris Offee/RFT wave...

Edit: and maybe the third part of the question could be why they are still only putting one of each new figure in a wave per case, why not have them in there at 2-per-case so that new figures have a better chance of being found.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:46 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 01:08 PM »

Edit: and maybe the third part of the question could be why they are still only putting one of each new figure in a wave per case, why not have them in there at 2-per-case so that new figures have a better chance of being found.

^^^ this - it is working quite well in the MU line

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 01:11 PM »

They can't put more than one of each new figure in a case...they need the room for Vader, Boba Fett, Sandtrooper and any variety of Clone Troopers to clog the pegs.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 01:21 PM »
I have wondered that for years

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 01:39 PM »

They can't put more than one of each new figure in a case...they need the room for Vader, Boba Fett, Sandtrooper and any variety of Clone Troopers to clog the pegs.

I agree a bit on this. I mean if you put 2x of obsure characters like Yarna and Jerjerrod) as well, then we stuck looking at their pretty faces on each visit to the store. As far as clones... don't forget the green helmets!