Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 27 (2012 Wave 2)  (Read 28331 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 27 (2012 Wave 2)
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18 PM »
I also picked one up. It is an interesting variant, and one that I deemed different enough to add to my collection. Thanks for posting about it McMetal!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 03:26 PM »
My pleasure, glad you guys were interested as well. I can't take credit for the original discovery though, it was originally posted in the RS TCW forums months back, so I was just doing my due diligence. :)

I should go ahead and compile a list of all the ones I know about...the Turbo Tank Gunner, IG-86, the 2012 Captain Rex(es), etc.

Even the new Cody has some minor deco changes from the 2012 version, although not very noticeable.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 12:24 PM »
My pleasure, glad you guys were interested as well. I can't take credit for the original discovery though, it was originally posted in the RS TCW forums months back, so I was just doing my due diligence. :)

I should go ahead and compile a list of all the ones I know about...the Turbo Tank Gunner, IG-86, the 2012 Captain Rex(es), etc.

Even the new Cody has some minor deco changes from the 2012 version, although not very noticeable.

I'd be interested in seeing that list if you make one.  Thanks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 01:06 PM »
the 2012 Captain Rex(es)

What's the variant on Captain Rex? Is it a significant paint difference like the Boss figure, or just a packaging variation?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 01:12 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 01:52 PM »
Some paint deco changes and apparently a larger pauldron.  More details at the link.

Interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the brown line version, but unlike the Boss figure I don't plan to spend extra on ebay for it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 10:45 PM »
Actually, there are no changes to the pauldron. Depending on how it is placed on the neck post (side to side), it can look larger or small.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51 PM »
Well, I got my package from the UK today and surprise, surprise, the seller sent me the wrong $#%^ Boss. I got the regular old white backpack version.  >:(

I contacted the seller but am probably going to have to file some kind of claim because I fully expect he will ask me to foot the bill for the return postage which is completely asinine given the fact that the screw-up is all their fault.

This sucks!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 8, 2013, 10:17 AM »
Picked up a second Boss with orange backpack from the UK off of ebay yesterday, hopefully the seller sends the right one this time. I did verify before paying, so chances are good I think.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2013, 08:24 AM »
Did you get a refund on the previous one?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2013, 08:37 AM »
He offered to refund the cost of the item minus shipping and let me keep the figure, or have me ship it back at my own expense and he would give me a full refund. Which I still maintain is unfair because it obligates the buyer to shell out additional $$$ over an issue which was in no way my fault. If I had opened a case and made a big stink about it I might have gotten some traction, but it wasn't worth the headache to me. I just kept the figure and took the partial refund, I guess I can sell or trade it off to try and recoup some of the lost dollars.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 09:25 AM »
Got my variant Boss yesterday...damn, he is sweet. Probably the last Clone Wars figure I will ever buy that I didn't already have.