Author Topic: Ookla the Mook is Great!  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Ookla the Mook is Great!
« on: October 29, 2003, 12:18 AM »
The new Toynami Thundarr the Barbarian figures and I met up yesterday and I had to buy Ookla. Next to Chewie, he's the tops! These figures are really well done. The articulation and sculpts are beautiful and dead on likenesses too! For those of us that used to wake up and watch this classic Saturday cartoon (along with Tarzan, Spidey & Amazing Friends, The Herculoids...) we can again rejoice in our youth and relive those simpler times!

I shelled out about $15 for Ookla and seeing it was the only one I've seen anywhere, I feel very fortunate. It's a price to pay for nostalgia, but worth it to me!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ookla the Mook is Great!
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2011, 08:28 AM »
Had to dig this one up again...I finally picked all three of the Thundarr Toynami figures up off of ebay. These have been on my Want List forever, along with those ridiculously pricey Herculoids sets. (You're next!)

LOL at the $15 price tag in 2003, I bought all of them in a lot for $100 and felt good about it. They'd be even more expensive individually.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ookla the Mok is Great!
« Reply #2 on: July 5, 2012, 04:21 PM »
Wasn't sure if there was a dedicated Hanna Barbera thread, but EE has a pre-listing up for a sweet 3&3/4" Zandor from the Herculoids coming in the Fall. Far superior to the pack-in figure with the boxed set with Zok.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy