Author Topic: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda  (Read 80848 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« on: February 19, 2005, 07:20 PM »
More Clone Wars maquettes coming out!  8)

Clone Wars Maquettes

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 10:32 PM »

Clone Wars Maquettes

Now I'm pleased I skipped this line.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 10:45 PM »

Clone Wars Maquettes

YES !!!
YES !!!
YES !!!
YES !!!
YES !!!

The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 09:50 PM »
Crap.  I had just enough room for these.  Now I have to go find more shelf space. 
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 1, 2005, 09:30 AM »
Whoa, the Padme Maquette seems to have gone through the roof on eBay.

PADME AMIDALA : CLONE WARS MAQUETTE

I have been watching the auctions for awhile and they have been around the $162. to $210. mark.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2005, 02:18 AM »
I wanted this set since they were announced, but I was putting them off thinking they would stay around retail price for a while.  I got Yoda as soon as he came out, but had yet to get any others.  A couple of weeks ago I started searching for them and realized that Padme was impossible to find, and that I should probably give up hope of finding them for a reasonable price.  To my surprise I found an auction on ebay that hardly anyone was checking out.  I think it was because the seller titled the auction Clone Wars Maquettes.  Personally I always search for Clone Wars Maquette.  Anyway I won the set of five for $287.00 plus shipping.  They arrived today.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 3, 2005, 04:10 AM »
Nice collection there Jon!  $287 sounds like a pretty decent deal for the lot of them, but I don't seem to recall what they originally retailed for now...  Any idea?  I assume you'll be adding the several new ones that were shown at Toy Fair a few weeks ago too, right?

Definitely a tempting set, but I've got to lay off of those higher end maquette type of collectibles.  I'm already stretched too thin as it is, and delving into a nice looking, but expensive, line like this would probably put me over the edge (with the Mrs. anyway)...   ;)

BTW, I seem to recall some folks discussing a rather incorrect paint scheme on the ARC Trooper there.  Any idea what that was about?  Or have I gotten my facts mixed up...?

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 3, 2005, 06:14 AM »
Nice collection there Jon!  $287 sounds like a pretty decent deal for the lot of them, but I don't seem to recall what they originally retailed for now...  Any idea?  I assume you'll be adding the several new ones that were shown at Toy Fair a few weeks ago too, right?

Thanks Matt.  I'm not positive what the SRP was, but I believe that Yoda was $49.99 and the other four were $79.99.  Although it seems that Yoda was easy to pick-up in the $35-40 range and the other four varied from $60-80.  Of course Padme went through the roof shortly after her release.  As for the new ones I will probably pick them up as they come out, instead of getting them all in one shot.  Makes it seem cheaper that way.   :) 
« Last Edit: March 3, 2005, 06:15 AM by Padawan »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 3, 2005, 09:30 AM »
BTW, I seem to recall some folks discussing a rather incorrect paint scheme on the ARC Trooper there.  Any idea what that was about?  Or have I gotten my facts mixed up...?

Ahem, looky Alice!  :-*

The error is going around.  Check out this article with some info from Gentle Giant on the subject.

Very nice pictures Jon and and a great deal for $287.   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 3, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Whoa, the Padme Maquette seems to have gone through the roof on eBay.

PADME AMIDALA : CLONE WARS MAQUETTE

I have been watching the auctions for awhile and they have been around the $162. to $210. mark.

I knew I shouldn't have let Jim have mine.  Maybe we can renegotiate the price?  Nah, he's still got too much of my other stuff down there.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 3, 2005, 06:20 PM »
The error on the Arc Trooper was something I hadn't heard about.  It looks like mine is an error version.  Kind of sucks, because I think I like the correct version more, and I'm not about to try and paint it.   :-\

BTW mine is #754. 
« Last Edit: March 3, 2005, 06:23 PM by Padawan »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 6, 2005, 09:27 AM »
The error on the Arc Trooper was something I hadn't heard about.  It looks like mine is an error version.  Kind of sucks, because I think I like the correct version more, and I'm not about to try and paint it.   :-\

BTW mine is #754. 

Everyone that has posted about these figures (besides that article picture) has had the error version.  The number on my trooper is 1360/2500 so I'm thinking the rare piece is actually a corrected one!! 
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 09:00 AM »
RS has an article and a picture of the upcoming General Grievous maquette.

I'll have to see more pictures of Grievous but he is on my want list.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 07:27 AM »
Hmmmmm i was hoping grevous would have his cloak draped over himself not open like that
Will have to wait an see on that one.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 05:34 PM »
StarWarsShop.com has the General Grievous Maquette up for order. He ships September 2005 and is $79.99.