Author Topic: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda  (Read 81210 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2006, 11:34 PM »
So when does the Vader go up? :P

And where am I going to put all these things? :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 1, 2006, 02:35 PM »
Does anyone have any information on when/where/how the black & white maquettes are going to be released here in the U.S.?

Sorry, didn't answer that question.  My general impression is that no one has any information on this, at this point.  It's been strange, for sure, considering Boba Fett has already been listed, sold out and has arrived at the customers door in Japan, yet hasn't gone for sale in North America.  I don't even know if it's been confirmed that GG's website (heaven help us all) will be the location for the sale, or another retailer.  It would be nice to know. 

There are some reports of breakage on Fett's cape from the black and white editions so be wary if you're chasing that.  Also something to check quickly on the colour versions as well. 

Just wondering if they'll follow the same trend with a Vader and subsequent releases.  If so, Vader should go on sale around the 14th or so. 

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #167 on: November 2, 2006, 06:44 AM »
I think the black and white ones look dull and boring I wouldnt want them even if I could get them.
I've cancelled all mr maquettes I've decided o just stick with the busts and sideshow statues I really cant afford to go getting into new lines :'(
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 2, 2006, 07:19 AM »
I'd really like the Fett but I probably won't end up getting him unless I shell out the money.
I remember my dream now.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 3, 2006, 02:19 AM »
I think the black and white ones look dull and boring I wouldnt want them even if I could get them.

I agree, they just don't hold any appeal for me.  The big appeal to the maquettes was the unique look including the bright colours.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 4, 2006, 05:19 PM »
I picked up the Leia/R2 Maquette this morning. Yet another great statue!

Totally agree on the Black/White versions. I will not shell out $500 each just because of the edition size. I think they're pretty bland compared to the color versions.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 5, 2006, 05:20 AM »
Ray, how much was the Leia/R2?

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 5, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Ray, how much was the Leia/R2?

I paid $80 (retail). Appearantly they're getting pretty severely allocated on this statue too so the dealers seem pretty solid on the price. Most of the dealers are only getting 1 or 2 of the 20 or so that they ordered. Didn't think this would too hard to get given the 8500 run... There was only one dealer that had them at Frank's, the rest either didn't get theirs yet or had sold out.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 8, 2006, 07:33 PM »

I agree, they just don't hold any appeal for me.  The big appeal to the maquettes was the unique look including the bright colours.

In general, I agree with these statements.  The black and white versions are somehow off to some degree.  They just aren't as vibrant as the colour versions.  But when you see them in person, that feeling fades just a little.  I'm not sure it will be quite so with Leia/R2 and a b/w Vader is going to be kind of silly when they release it, considering the main version is mostly black too. 

In fact, having opened this and taken a couple of photos, I'm genuinely turning into a fan of it.  I think Boba does well in black and white.  I've not taken the styrofoam blocking off him because he'll be going into storage for a while now, so no sense unpacking.  My friend in Japan that helped me with this has indicated he knows of at least five that have had breakage issues, predominantly with the cape.  That should apply to the colour versions as well, so watch out for that. 

FWIW the price on blister.jp after shipping puts these things at around $100 USD so they are more expensive than their colour counterparts...  Sizewise, if you haven't seen them yet, they're roughly the same size as a bust in terms of space required and around the same height, so pretty small.  As I don't own any of the Clone Wars maquettes these seem smaller than expected, but I am pleased with the size and that they'll require less display space. 

I also received shipping notice from Talesofwonder.com that my Leia/R2 shipped out today. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #175 on: November 8, 2006, 07:39 PM »
I have not seen these in person yet, but i hope they are in scale with the Clone Wars Maquettes.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 9, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Was just reading the Q&A with GG at RS (how's that for acronymland?  Can ya tell I work in govt.?) and they indicated there will be a b/w Vader as well for these maquettes.  I'm curious to see how that looks.  I can't see it or the stormtrooper being very exciting at all.

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 9, 2006, 07:36 PM »
I posted this over at GH, put I'll post it here too...

When the OT animated maquettes were first revealed by GG, that was the most excited I'd been about a Star Wars product in a very long time. I couldn't wait to start collecting this line (especially since I'm quickly losing interest in all Hasbro has to offer, but that's another thread). Anyway, I ordered the GG Animated Boba Fett Maquette through Entertainment Earth, placing the order way back on 6/10/06. They're a little pricey, but I've used them before without any problems.

I got a confirmation email from EE on 10/30 saying my Boba Fett had been shipped. The package arrived on 11/2. I thought the box on my porch seemed a little thin, but didn't worry too much. I wasn't able to open the shipping box until the next day. When I did, I found not my Boba Fett maquette inside but rather a framed film-cell from the movie Serenity and an invoice for some guy that lives in Connecticut. WTF! I live in Texas!

I checked the box again, and the shipping label had my information on it, but the items inside all coincided with the invoice inside. So my shipping label got put on some other guy's box, and I'm sure my Boba Fett is somewhere in CT.

Anyway, I sent an email to customer service, and received a reply that I needed to call them. I did that this a.m., and was told that they're all out of Boba Fetts and that they would refund my $$ as soon as I returned the film cell. I told the rep. (she was very helpful) that was unacceptable; I wanted my refund now. I will return the film cell, but I believe EE should refund my $$ simply due to their error -- I ordered a Boba Fett, my cc was charged for a Boba Fett, they no longer have any Boba Fetts, so give me back my money. After that very simple explanation, she emailed me a claim form that I have to mail back (well that's gonna cost me another $.39) to process the refund.

I had all the other maquettes on pre-order with EE, but this experience, coupled with their higher prices, finally convinced me to switch all my preorders over to RazorsEdge today. As soon as I get my refund I'll be cancelling all my orders with EE.

But now I'm left scrambling trying to find a Boba Fett maquette. RazorsEdge wasn't offering them anymore. I'll probably just end up using eBay, unless anybody else has a suggestion. Hmmm? Any help?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 9, 2006, 07:50 PM »
List price and in stock at BBTS for $79.99 plus shipping.  I don't think any bargains are out there now that it's started shipping, though ebay has been in the $60-70 range this week, plus shipping, of course.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2006, 12:39 PM »
They are showing in stock at starwarsshop.com too. Has anyone else ordered the animated leia through sws.com? It says on the site these should start shipping today from there and I was wondering if anyone has received a confirmation yet.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.