Author Topic: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda  (Read 81571 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2007, 02:58 PM »
SO for next week then ? Ufff. more loot to dish out.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2007, 03:01 PM »
I got the big boobie Leia coming from some Canadian because he talked me into taking it in exchange for some **** I sent him.  Haven't pulled the trigger on the others yet, but that'll probably change once I get her and then my obsessive complusiveness kicks in.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2007, 03:22 PM »
If I'd known I was the controlling factor I would have shipped her long ago.  Actually, I would have shipped her long ago if not for the damn post office rules about liquor boxes ::)  That and the car accident. 

Looks like C-3po/Jawa is on its way to retailers...I think I'll pick up this and Luke, pass on Stormie...I'm also going to get Yoda/R2 and see what Han and Chewie are like.  These are some of my favorite pieces in my collection now...

Funny, I'm skipping the Luke and getting the stormie.  I think the former is going to be easier to pick up cheaper on ebay.  Actually I'm mostly regretting all my preorders as these have been almost all cheaper after the fact. 

Are there pictures of Yoda/R2 out there?  I'm not really sure I want another statue with R2 in it but I'd have to see it to make the call.  I do think these are great pieces and I'm wondering how many exclusives Gentle Giant will put out at CIV?  Anything in this line? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2007, 03:24 PM »
I'd eventually like to see the remaining original VOTC done in Animated style...

Obi-Wan Kenobi (similar pose to Vader)
Luke Tatooine
Lando Calrissian

That's all I need, Snowspeeder Luke is a tad bit dissapointing...so is reusing R2 w/ Yoda...still cool pieces

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Here you go Brent

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Being a nostalgic wonderboy, I can't resist these. Though I do admit, I do not like the Luke as much.

But in reality, I would not like to see a bunch of Lukes come out. Just one per. To make it a nice collection in my eyes.

I would not mind a Snowtrooper though !

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Thanks Scott :D   I'll probably end up getting it, it looks pretty neat.  It's pretty darn small though, comparing size with the bustup to the right.  Hope they reduce the price accordingly. 

I expect to cave on the Han/Chewie as well. 

I'm not sure what else I'd like to see.  I think a Ben would be great, especially with a hood up version.  But I'll start passing on some pretty quickly if they keep coming out at this rate.  I don't think Lando would appeal but I could do with a better Luke, maybe Tatooine, maybe Jedi. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I think if there was one "high end" line I could get into, these would be it.  I just like the animated style of these, and like Scott mentioned, it would be nice to have the VOTC lineup represented this way.  At their price, I don't know if I can sell the Mrs. on them though.  It also depends how many there are each year, if I could keep up.  Hopefully they won't be another line that is impossible to find after they are released (at least to find at regular price).  Once the Han/Chewie ones get closer to release, they'll be awfully hard to pass up.  I like that Yoda/R2 set up as well - is that one exclusive to somewhere?  I thought I had heard that before.  For those of you who have the initial offerings of this line, what do you think of them?  Are they worth the pricetag?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Yeah, it will be at all of the World Tour exclusive...at all 5 of the spots where the Clone Busts will be sold...

C4
Comic Con
Forbidden Planet
Blister
Location X

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2007, 01:45 AM »
For those of you who have the initial offerings of this line, what do you think of them?  Are they worth the pricetag?

I really think they're worth the pricetag, but do some shopping around to get the best deal.  I had the first 5 maquettes on pre-order with EE for something like $79.99 per piece.  After talking to some other collectors that turned me onto razorsedgecollectibles.com, I was able to get them for $64.99 per piece, and quickly cancelled my orders with EE.   I've been extremely pleased with each maquette (with Boba Fett still being the best and most dynamic).  Sure they can now be had for cheaper than retail on eBay (except for the Black&White variants), but we all know that eBay's a crapshoot.  These maquettes do have a lot of delicate features, i.e., the wookie braids on Boba Fett, that can snap off pretty easily, and if the maquette arrives broken, I appreciate the peace of mind knowing that I purchased from a reputable retailer rather the some Joe Blow off eBay.

I didn't bite on the Clone Wars maquettes (no regrets except that I could've resold some of them to pay for several more OT maquettes that will hopefully be produced later on), but I couldn't resist the OT pieces.  For the old school trilogy fans these are a real treat.  I'm even moving away from the Hasbro-centric mindset and starting to pick up more of these high-end collectibles and I think in the long run I'll be more satisfied with my collection.  If you're on the fence, I'd say pick one up and see if you like it (I'd recommend the Fett), as the first three can each be had for under $50 with some work on eBay.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2007, 10:13 AM »
I ordered mine from BBTS. They are not the cheapest on these items, but i have never had a problem with their service. They always get back to me and are willing to take care of problems that may arise.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2007, 10:21 AM »
I just got the 3PO from Zeus comic for $50 plus shipping.

It was some kinda sale though.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Just a quick note...

GG is using their brand new raffle system to offer the B&W Fett Maquette to the PG members.

If you are interested at all in this piece, get your butt over to GG's site and join the Premiere Guild for your chance to get one...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 04:05 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I'm already in. 

Boba Fett raffle runs this week.

Leia/R2 runs the following week.

Vader runs the week after that. 

The raffle approach was what was the rumour over at Scum and so it appears to the way the club will go.  I guess they'll approach the same way as this for the busts also.  I'm only really looking for the B/W Vader out of this bunch, so if anyone in the club wins that and would prefer one of the others, assuming I win one, I'll trade it. 

I'm not overly fond of the raffle, but it has more appeal than random, unannounced online sales as they did for the Shocktrooper bust and Mara Jade bust.  Or at least that's the way I feel about it right now.  Ask me again in November and we'll see how many times I've been successful ;)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2007, 04:18 PM »
I entered.

I'm already a fan of the raffle win or lose.  I'd rather do this than checking out on GG's website.