Author Topic: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda  (Read 80845 times)

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
Re: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« Reply #45 on: January 2, 2006, 11:25 AM »
As of last month I completed this line with the purchase of the Padme for $375. I think this is my favorite line outside of the 3 3/4 stuff from Hasbro. I did preorder the to scale animated Yoda before the confusion about the pricing. I hope the price doesn't change to over $1000 but I have a feeling it will. If that's the case I will not be ordering it.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 6, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Just received and opened my Anakin maquette and he does NOT fit in his stand.  There is no way to get those pegs in his feet in the holes in the stand, no matter which way I turn it.  It is such a noticable difference in the peg alignment to the base holes, I can't believe that this even made it out the door of the factory!!
I already sent Joel an email at BBTS and am hoping for a replacement.  This bites... >:(
Beth

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 7, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Just received and opened my Anakin maquette and he does NOT fit in his stand.  There is no way to get those pegs in his feet in the holes in the stand, no matter which way I turn it.  It is such a noticable difference in the peg alignment to the base holes, I can't believe that this even made it out the door of the factory!!
I already sent Joel an email at BBTS and am hoping for a replacement.  This bites... >:(

That does bite.  I'm sure Joel will make it right.  I haven't opened mine yet, I probably should to see if mine has the same problem. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 7, 2006, 03:29 PM »
I received an e-mail from Comics Infinity, my Barriss and Luminara Maquette has shipped.  8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 7, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Today I tried one more time and finally was able to force the legs inward enough to get them in the pegs.  I have no clue how to explain  how it finally worked but it did.  Anakin will never come out of his base, I can assure you that!!  I am just hoping that he doesn't crack or anything over time.  Jay (my husband) thinks Anakin just needed to warm up a bit and maybe he's right (of course, I will never tell him that  ;) ).

I received an e-mail from Comics Infinity, my Barriss and Luminara Maquette has shipped.  8)

This is my favorite one.  It was more than the rest of them (at original retail) but is well worth the price.  The post is perfect, I can still picture the cartoon scene right before the attack, everytime I look at them.

Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2006, 08:01 PM »
I just got home a short time ago to a big parcel from Comics Infinity, my Barriss & Luminara Maquette has arrived!  8)

First time I have delt with Comics Infinity & it won't be my last, nicely packed, value marked super low & as a gift to avoid custom charges.  ;D

Wow! That is one nice Maquette, quite the size to it!  :o

Now to find room to display them.  :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2006, 02:35 PM »
Interesting Classic Trilogy animated statues done in scale with the Clone Wars maquettes.

Gentle Giant Classic Trilogy Animated Statues

Leia & R2 are just awesome as with Boba Fett, these 2 statues I will be getting. Vader & Hammerhead look cool but not as good as the others IMO.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:14 AM by Jeff »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2006, 02:58 PM »
That Leia is damn damn hot! :-*

I think I'll br purchasing that one :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2006, 03:29 PM »
I love these... hopefully they be comparably priced to the Clone Wars Maqeuttes
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Those are pretty darn neat.  I guess the pricepoint will be the same as the CW maquettes? 

Leia is my fave too, pairing her up with R2 is fantastic.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Outstanding!!!
gimme gimme gimme
Time to get a second job me thinks!!
She is so dam sexy !!!!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 07:30 PM by Hemish »
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2006, 11:53 AM »
For some reason, I really like these too.  Kind of a neat idea.  I've always thought I wouldn't mind seeing a Clone Wars-style cartoon set in the OT times, and this is a great example of what the characters could look like.  It depends on the price, but I wouldn't mind being able to pick some of these up.  The Leia/R2 statue looks good, and I'd be anxious to see a Han/Chewie one as well in the future.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Wow, those look fantastic. Especially Leia, VA-VA-VA-VOOM! She's giving Jessica Rabbit a run for her money.  :P

Depending on price I may pick these up....

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2006, 07:21 PM »
Very cool to see the Hammerhead Jedi  (his name escapes me) from Gentle Giants for 2006.  I figured this line was done so this is a pleasant surprise!!

Yah, I know, I stole the picture from RS. I'll replace it with one from here when it is posted.
Beth

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2006, 11:50 PM »
These maquette ROCK!!  I will get all of them.
I may actully go back and pick up a few of the CW maquettes that are still retail. :P

Hopefully, there will be more OT characters to come. What a bunch of great surprises from GG!