Author Topic: 2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures  (Read 40750 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: 2011/2012 GI Joe Club Figure Subscription Service Figures
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Not liking TNT at all. South American junk. Sure Fire is up now, and while he looks better than TNT, I would have preferred the blue and black version. The Club really seems to have a thing for brown figures.

At this point, all I'm interested in owning from this set are Cover Girl and Big Boa, and we haven't even seen them yet.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2011, 04:45 PM »

At this point, all I'm interested in owning from this set are Cover Girl and Big Boa, and we haven't even seen them yet.

Those two are really going to have to blow me away to even consider buying a subscription and even then, I doubt I will.  Just too much junk, especially at $20 a pop.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2011, 04:33 AM »

Those two are really going to have to blow me away to even consider buying a subscription and even then, I doubt I will.  Just too much junk, especially at $20 a pop.

I would have to agree with this. I'd also keep Topside and Iron Klaw, but the rest are just not my cup of tea. I understand the Club trying to cover as many bases of the fandom as they can with the tooling and characters Hasbro will let them do, but price each also needs to be considered, as well as interest. As I've heard, you need to be an Officer to even have the opportunity to buy these, and there's only about 3,000 of us suckers if I've heard right, so these might be some really small runs here. Probably less than even Dial-Tone, so maybe they'll pay for themselves when some of these lame figures get unloaded. [/speculation]

I just don't know anymore. I see this as a great opportunity to get some really neat stuff were they to continue this another sub, and who knows? If the next movie fails to ignite interest in Joe, maybe this will be the only way to get new Joe stuff after the next movie runs its course, kind of like MOTU.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 04:43 PM »

that head/face....  yikes...   :(

edit:  forgot to mention that it looks like she needs to adjust her wig.   ::)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:44 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 07:19 PM »
I would have to agree with this. I'd also keep Topside and Iron Klaw, but the rest are just not my cup of tea.

I'm liking several of the ones that you aren't, so if splitting a subscription might interest you feel free to drop me a PM.

Some of the figs look like winners, others seem like stinkers. I'm dreading what the prices will be, and I hope they won't charge shipping every two months.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 03:40 AM »
I dunno, man. I was hoping Cover Girl would be a winner, but now I think I might have to pass on the sub and just try to get iron Klaw on his own. None of theses figures are worth what they're going to ask. Disappointing, but it is what it is. Bet I just saved myslf hundredes, though.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 09:05 AM »
Same here - I would take Iron Klaw (I dont really even know who he is but I like the look) and maybe Big Boa - I really liked him as a kid.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 11:26 AM »
This is the same head as the one from the comic pack that came out in 2006 and it's actually not that bad looking.  The hair does look a little off in that photo but that doesn't mean all the figures will look like that.

But what I don't care for that much is the shade of color used for the hair.  It's too orange.  If they'd gone blonde or auburn I'd be more happy.  I can understand them not going red since that's more Scarlett than CG, but the red they used on Sparta was better.  They were probably looking to not confuse anyone, though.

This was the figure I was most looking forward to seeing, the one that would probably help me nail down whether or not I'd buy the full subscription and after seeing her, while she's not terrible, there isn't a WOW factor.  I think I like Jinx the best of what's been shown.  I'm not expecting much from Big Boa and even though the 13th figure is a secret, since we're getting Dice would it be out of bounds to think the final figure is Slice?

Overall I like Jinx the best.  I also like Sure Fire, Barrel Roll and Grunt.  I don't really care about the BAT, Dice or Iron Claw that much, TNT is probably my least favorite and I'm kind of indifferent on the rest.

At this point I don't know if I can justify the buy-in for the 4 figures that I'm the most excited about.  I'd also really like them loose and hate that we're probably paying something of a premium for them to come carded.  I'd prefer loose/boxed like the membership figures.  I like to keep exclusives carded so I was thinking about trying to buy extras of the ones I wanted to open, but now I'm thinking I'd be better off not getting the sub, buying dupes of the 4 or 5 figures I really like and skipping the rest.

I guess at this point I need to see the final pricing on the subscription.  Or maybe I should just abandon SW and switch to Joe?  Or maybe I should buy the sub and sell off the figures I don't want and hope they go for enough to recoup at least their share of the sub price.   :-\

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Other than the length of hair, I like it.  CG always had a shorter hair-did to me since her original figure was that way.

I like her a lot...  I won't get her since I'm not getting these sets, but I dig her.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 02:57 PM »
And just when you thought you had your mind made up they had to go and throw this piece of awesome-ness in the the mix....

looks like the helmet must be removable because that looks like a different mask at his feet to me.  Unless it is just an accessory - hopefully not a pointless one.  It would be kind of cool to make some schmo sparring partner for him to wear this and get the crap kicked out of him.

sounds like it does fit:

"We are very pleased to reveal the twelfth figure in our upcoming Figure Subscription Service... Cobra Trainer: BIG BOA! This guy comes with tons of gear to match his specialty. Plus, he's got interchangeable hands with new full-size boxing gloves as well as an extra sparring mask for his Cobra Trooper trainees.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:15 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 03:08 PM »
That is awesome!  I'm just not dropping all that coin for 1 figure though.  Maybe the final fig would be Rocky ?   :)  ya probably not...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 03:17 PM »
If the helmet's not removable, maybe the others for a trainee to get knocked around.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 03:56 PM »
^  I'm pretty sure that's what it's for.  Looks like it'd fit any of the blue shirts' noggins.

We are very pleased to reveal the twelfth figure in our upcoming Figure Subscription Service... Cobra Trainer: BIG BOA! This guy comes with tons of gear to match his specialty. Plus, he's got interchangeable hands with new full-size boxing gloves as well as an extra sparring mask for his Cobra Trooper trainees.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Now that's more like it. That's a neat figure, there.  :)