Author Topic: Beasts: Resculpts, Repacks & New  (Read 11914 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Beasts: Resculpts, Repacks & New
« on: November 2, 2011, 03:34 PM »
So I'm loving the new Taun Taun, but when I put it on my beasts shelf, it makes some of the earlier beasties look a little outdated. With these two Tauntaun packs, a Dewback "due" in a few months, and the Kaadu being released in a battlepack, it seems like Hasbro is down with a little Beast Love. What do you guys think is good enough to repack, in need of a resculpt, or never-before-made and needed?

Resculpts
Ronto: Though it's not really a popular beast, the Ronto from the POTF2 era could really use a resculpt. It has sort of a Fisher Price dinosaur look to it.
Wampa: I liked the Wampa we got a few years back, but it could certainly use a resculpt with enhanced articulation, and a more solid construction. The "chew toy" feel is a little lame.
Nexxu: This guys suffers from the pre-posed nature of the SAGA collection. I'd like to see a new one with enhanced articulation.
Reek: The sculpt on the Reek isn't terrible overall, but he could use some new legs, no action feature and a new paint job.
Acklay: The problem with the Acklay is that each of his legs want to move in a different position. I think this one needs to be completely resculpted.

Repacks
Dewback: I would actually like to get a couple more Sandtroopers with Dewbacks, so I'd say that could be a straight-up rerelease.
Bantha: I really feel like this guy was nailed the first time around. The rerelease a few years back had some weird coloring, if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to see the same coloration as the late '90s version...which may be the only situation where a POTF2 version is superior. It would be great to have a Mos Espa "beast of burden" version of the Bantha, rather than a Tusken Raider pack.
Taun Taun (with Rebel scout): Seriously, this needs to happen.

New Sculpts
Orray: I'm not really a fan of this thing, but I know a lot of people want to see one made.
Dactillion Dragonmount: Even though we got the briefest of glimpses of these flying dragons on Utapau, They would make a pretty cool toy.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Beasts: Resculpts, Repacks & New
« Reply #1 on: November 2, 2011, 06:11 PM »
The Dewback IS coming back, but without a Sandtrooper.  It was part of the display at NY Comic Con and will be offered in the new Darth Maul themed packaging.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 2, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Oh yeah, I know. I was actually going for a release with the sandtrooper. Though Hasbro may be shying away from the Sandtrooper these days.  :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 2, 2011, 06:53 PM »
I thought it was a cool offering when WalMart had that as an exclusive.  But I think Hasbro's relentless Sandtrooper offerings may have soured the market for a Sandtrooper & Dewback.  I can understand them trying to get some value out of the new Dewback sculpt by trying to re-purpose it for Episode I.  But since the Dewback wasn't associated with any particular character in TPM it does seem a little shameless on Hasbro's part.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2011, 07:48 PM »
The Dewback without a Sandie might be a good idea though, with all the Sandies about without a mount.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 2, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I want to see newly sculpted beasts that havent been released - no more resculpts.  I'd like the Orray for sure (which is rumored) and a Blurrg.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 2, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Would you be tempted more by a Dewback re-release if it were in a window-box that included a few very accurately painted/specific Sandtroopers?  Like the one that holds up the little "ring" and says "look sir, droids!" and maybe even include a little ring in his hand... 

Have the weathering and gear completely accurate to the mount's rider, that Sandtrooper, and the officer he's talking to perhaps.

I'd be inclined to want that.

Till now the sandies have been fairly random and generic.  It's kind of odd and probably a lot would just say meh to it, but I'd be interested.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 2, 2011, 11:28 PM »
I'd like a newer version of the Bantha actually.  I've always felt the existing one is too "narrow"- that is, not bulky enough- and the horns are much too thin and not looped enough.  I'm surprised the Dewback gets so much more attention when the Bantha was visually more prominent in the original film.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 3, 2011, 06:18 AM »
A resculpted wampa to go with the new taun tauns would be great, I'd prefer he wasn't the special edition kind this time around though. I'll take the pissed off tomcat look over the abominable snowman look any day.

I'd like to see a Dianogah.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 3, 2011, 09:23 AM »
GORAX!!!!

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 3, 2011, 10:34 AM »
GORAX!!!!

That would be awesome, but would Hasbro even consider it?  Maybe if one appears in the CW series, haha.  Thats how I feel about the Blurrg - its been in the CW series multiples times, an Ewok movie, video games, comics, etc - what do we have to do to get one released?  :-\

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 3, 2011, 11:35 AM »
The Gorax would need to be huge...around the same size as the Marvel Legends Sentinel. It would definitely dethrone the Rancor as the dominant beast.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 3, 2011, 11:45 AM »
How about a Fambaa or a Falumpaset? Both were really hard to get when they can out.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 3, 2011, 12:30 PM »
I wanted an Acklay, but heard the toy wasn't very good.

Whatever happened to the Mustafar Lava Flea? (Coming in 2014!  :( )

Hasbro seems to avoid beasts in their deluxe assortments, no matter how interesting a menagerie of monsters appear in CW, none see toy form. Beasts  are destined for exclusive status only.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 3, 2011, 12:36 PM »
Thats how I feel about the Blurrg - its been in the CW series multiples times, an Ewok movie, video games, comics, etc - what do we have to do to get one released?  :-\

oooo - heck yeah, I would grab one of these,in realistic styling, for sure.