Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!  (Read 61555 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2016, 02:58 PM »
This is a much more attractive price point than the Funk 6" Game of Thrones figures.  I actually boxed mine up the other day to clear some space while I work on my collection room.  The character selection is definitely interesting, as is the level of articulation.  I wonder if Funko will be able to move this line forward a bit further than the 6" figure line?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2016, 04:13 PM »
An awesome price really.  Plus better sculpts and articulation?  I do believe I am in on these.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Wowsa. I am in. I expected these would be retro so I didn't pay attention to the thread. Sculpting and resemblance are great. I can accept the hinge joints since, as someone mentioned, Funko's a small company and they have to cut costs some how.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2016, 09:13 PM »
The sculpts are really shockingly well done IMO.  I'm not a 5POA guy, and that's been my main deterrent on the 5POA stuff (all over the place).  These really have me though.

BTW, might I note that The Wall is marked a "Display", not a playset...  Much like people who pine away for "playsets" in Star Wars actually want displays.  This is MUCH more what they're thinking about, comparatively speaking.  A hallway is not a playset, it's just something that amounts to a glorified stand.  This is really ideally collector-targeted stuff, and the price on the wall isn't even bad at all.  $30 is quite palatable for a nice display for Wave 1.  It'll be simple I feel sure, but it's still cool as hell.

I want that Tyrion too.  Easily it's my first purchase from the line.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:16 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2016, 08:24 AM »
Terrific stuff, only confirms my interest in all of these. Looking forward to army building the hell out of some White Walkers!  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2016, 09:57 AM »
That playset is so key in drawing my interest.  Probably because there have just been so few playsets of any kind that something like this ends up being a big deal.

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Larger click and hover pics at Funko really shows the detail. Let's hope the paint jobs are up to snuff.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2016, 06:42 PM »
This is really, really great stuff.

A collection of themed action figures, and a "playset" that is really just a display for those specific figures?!

It's like they actually took the time to figure out what modern toy collectors really wanted and gave it to them. I hope they make some money off the effort.

I had no interest in this line at all, though I love the books and the show, but now I find myself wanting to collect them just to be able to support the idea.

Only thing missing is a "stream of urine" accessory to snap onto Tyrion so he can complete his mission to the Wall.  :D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2016, 03:34 PM »
I just saw the entire first wave of figures at this store called Couch Potato.  The store totally reminds me of Suncoast back in the day.  But this place has the most Funk Pop figures I've ever seen in one place.  Anyhow, the GoT figures look cool. I don't know if I want to pay $11 per figure like they are at this store, but it's the only place I've ever seen them.  I also saw most of them listed on Amazon, so I might go that route.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2016, 09:14 PM »
Any telling in person just how articulated they are Nick?  Just curious since that may be my deciding factor ultimately.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2016, 09:51 PM »
I had less than a minute to look at these.  I have my daughter with me, and an impatient 3 year old will really dictate the way things go in a hurry.  So I couldn't take in the articulation in that brief window of time.

However, I did find these individually listed on Amazon, and the images on those listings give you some indication that these are a step up from Funko Reaction figures.  Just from looking at a couple of them on Amazon, they look like they've got about 7 or 8 POA at least.

White Walker

Night King

Jon Snow

Ghost

Ygritte

Tormund Giantsbane

Samwell Tarly

Rattleshirt

Styr (Magnar of Thenn)

The Wall playset with Tyrion Lannister

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2016, 02:08 PM »
I'm wondering if the elbow is a ball hinge and if there is wrist articulation.  That would sell me.  The hinged knees are fine IMO but the elbows need to have that full range I feel.

Even 45 degree angle cut elbows allow for holding a weapon with 2 hands.

The sculpts are mile from the ReAction stuff.  As good as any modern Hasbro fig it appears.  If the articulation is there at that minimum, the price is cool by me.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2016, 03:37 PM »
WTF Amazon, those are all preorders! Boo!

I was just telling a friend the other day that I found it weird that they would wait til after the season is over to get these things out.

They all look great though, just wish I had them in hand already. Glad to hear of an actual sighting!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2016, 04:48 PM »
Considering the presence Funko has at Target stores, I have to think these will turn up there.  And maybe at Barnes and Noble, too. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:49 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2016, 01:22 PM »
I'm wondering if the elbow is a ball hinge and if there is wrist articulation.

The prototypes had straight hinges, no ball joints.  As of toy fair, it was just 7 points - neck, shoulders, elbows, knees (or less in the case of the Direwolf).  I would guess final would be the same, but I still haven't seen them up close...

I think I might grab some from Entertainment Earth now that most of them are in-stock (and count towards the  free shipping on $79 worth of in-stock offer ;)).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender