Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!  (Read 61182 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2014, 10:25 AM »
I've seen the on an endcap display and then the other Walgreens where I picked up the better paint app they had them on a shelf not even in the toy aisle (but there were other toys there)... so the overflow in the center aisle.

Nick (and anyone else still looking), there's a Funko forum called funkofunatic.com where you can join up and there's a thread about said Tyrion and there's a lady who works at a Walgreens that is helping out people that can't find them by giving locations.  I also wrote to Walgreens and inquired if a local store would get these and they called and told me the location of one in a week's time... which was the day I went out on my own and found it out in a WG in the boonies.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Dang, that's awesome, I hope we can rely on her for that kind of info when 6" proto-Boba starts showing up.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 03:46 PM »
Dang, that's awesome, I hope we can rely on her for that kind of info when 6" proto-Boba starts showing up.

She said Sept 8th is when they are supposed to be releasing, but she said her store is at the end of the distribution "ring"... so likely later for her... and probably me since it seemed my area was the last to get them (than the far suburbs).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 10:48 PM »
I'm not allowed to post a link yet, but fans of the Funko GoT line may want to check out EE on Saturday...  #dailydeal
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2014, 01:56 PM »
I'm not allowed to post a link yet, but fans of the Funko GoT line may want to check out EE on Saturday...  #dailydeal

So, it's Saturday...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2014, 05:50 PM »
It appears that the Funko Legacy figures are $15/each, but those are just series 1.  Pre-order ones must not count.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 5, 2014, 08:40 AM »
Finally saw the Walgreens exclusive Tyrion. It looks like they're actually somewhat plentiful.  Oddly enough, I was in a rush when I was in Walgreens so I didn't have a chance to pick it up.  But the thing is, it seems like THIS Tyrion probably should have been the general release version.  It's much truer to Tyrion as he appears in 90% of the series.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2014, 08:41 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 6, 2014, 09:36 AM »
Just needs a cup of wine and a whore... Er female at his arm accessories.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 6, 2014, 09:48 AM »
...and Bronn.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 6, 2014, 12:35 PM »
Bronn would be lovely... And also Pod.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2014, 06:06 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 9, 2014, 03:53 PM »
Picked up the exclusive King's Hand Tyrion today along with the wave 1 Danaerys.  Dany was the last figure from wave 1 that I still needed.  And at $16 and change a piece I thought it was a decent buy. 

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2014, 12:37 PM »
So, now that Target is carrying these, I ran by some (forgot about it since I was mainly checking for SW figures) and stopped a moment.  Something was different about that wave 1 Tyrion.  It was the SDCC exclusive Blackwater battle Tyrion complete with helmet and scar!  So I picked it up.  There is a sticker that says it's a 2014 Con exclusive as well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Really?!?!  That's surprising.  Although I've gotta say, it's pretty cool that they're recognizing Tyrion as much as they are in the GoT line.  This makes for a full three versions of Tyrion in the line, and we haven't even seen wave 2 hit retail in any sort of quantity yet.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2014, 02:40 PM »
Oh, I was definitely surprised to see that helmet in there.  Now it makes me want to go back and see if there are difference with the other figures... say a white or green dragon with Dany... though I don't want to buy 3 of the same figure for the dragons.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 3, 2014, 12:23 PM »
I just picked up that exclusive armored Tyrion at Target.  But when I did I also saw versions of Jon Snow and Danaerys Targaryen that had exclusive tags on the packages.  I'm not completely sure what the differences are between the original offerings.  But I think I have an idea.

I'm thinking that in the case of Jon Snow his sword is different.  I think this exclusive version is supposed to be with Longclaw, the Valyrian steel sword given to him by Lord Commander Mormont.  And in the case of Dany?  I *THINK* it's probably the dragon that's different.  The one I saw at Target looked like Drogon was the pack-in dragon.

Feedback