Author Topic: R5-D4 doesn't blow  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
R5-D4 doesn't blow
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Ok. That title sounds bad. But what would have happen if R5-D4 didn't blow is motavator? I've heard stories that Yoda was involved via the Force.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: R5-D4 doesn't blow
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:27 PM »
I didn't know the force could be used across the galaxy via planet to planet to manipulate things.  Long distance/broadband force maybe ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:37 PM »
So, your saying Yoda blows?  :o No wonder he enjoys teaching the Bear Clan and Liam is his favorite to 'turn off the lights'.

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Pre-Ordained Destiny

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Yeah I'm ok with the "it's the will of the force", or basically saying it was fate, but Yoda manipulating things from across th galaxy is goofy to me.  Why not just make a fuel leak on Palpatine's shuttle so it blows up or something then, ya know?  Blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 09:53 PM »
More likely R2-D2 sabotaged him. There's never been any love lost between R2's and R5's.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 07:05 PM »
We have not seen it but this is what happened.  R2 figures out from talking to other droids that Jawas were going somewhere to sell droids.  So, he used his awesome rockets to fly around the sandcrawler to see what his competition would be.  He saw R5-D4, whipped out his nifty electronics stuff that Anakin installed in him years before, and screwed up all sorts of stuff on R5-D4.  It wasn't just the motivator.  He even unscrewed some bolts and stuff in D4's legs so that they would fall off.  But we never see this since Luke and Owen go nuts about the motivator.  If that had not worked, R2 even had R5's head rigged to spin around uncontrollably and fire off into the air.  R2-D2 was not taking any chances. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 02:04 PM »
Who's to say that event significantly changed the story?  Let's say R5 goes to Luke and R2 hangs back with the Jawas.  R2 is resourceful, so he would figure out a way to escape and find Obi-Wan on his own.  He must have some record of Ben's location from Bail Organa, since he heads off in just the right direction from Luke's farm. 

So, he finds Obi-Wan, plays the message, and Obi-Wan decides to help.  He goes to the farm to pick up Luke, either before the Imps arrive or maybe Luke is off at Toshi Station picking up those power converters.  Either way, ben has been waiting for the opportunity to confront Luke, so he convinces Luke to come with him and the rest of the story unfolds pretty much the same way. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 04:17 PM »
YOU guys never read the EU story of Skippy the Jedi droid? its all explained in there....
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid
« Last Edit: May 3, 2012, 02:24 PM by warinthefloor »