Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140373 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2014, 09:44 PM »
I'd say all of it is worth picking up personally.  I think it was a high quality line that did poorly for really no reason other than The Hobbit/LOTR doesn't (or didn't) appeal to kids as much as adults...  I think the toy line's pretty outstanding though with few complaints.

I don't think much done differently would've saved it though, either.  It is what it is.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2014, 09:23 PM »
If these schmoes have the nerve to show their faces at SDCC, someone please ask us where the hell the rest of the dwarves, Beorn, the Bard, and $%^&* Smaug are.

Seriously, if Super 7 can find a way to get those playsets out, and that Kickstarter campaign for the Chthulu figures was such a runaway success, there is no way they can't find a way to get these into our hands.

>:(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2014, 03:29 PM »
Does anyone know if Bridge Direct had a showing at SDCC at all?  I just wonder what merchandise - if any - we'll get for the final movie.  I'd like to at least finish out the dwarves as well - in either scale really.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #348 on: July 29, 2014, 03:45 PM »
They were NOT at SDCC.  From their facebook page:
Wish we could be at San Diego Comic-Con International this year, but make sure to checkout our friends at Weta Workshop and their booth for The Hobbit #3613 to get your Hobbit fix. Be sure to also keep posted for our upcoming announcement on our Smaug figure set to be launched later this fall!

Sounds like there will be at least the one "Smaug figure set", but no idea what that means for scale, size, figures, exclusivity, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #349 on: July 29, 2014, 05:44 PM »
I totally brainfarted on this line...  Wish there was something about getting out the rest of the dwarves and maybe Bard in the 3.75" scale.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 29, 2014, 05:46 PM »
TRU has the 3.75" scale figures on an 85% or 90% off clearance. Something tells me that this line might be truly dead. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 29, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Apparently they posted something on Facebook to the effect that they were regretful about not making it out to SDCC this year but to look out for some kind of announcement about the Smaug set later this year.  ::)

There has been a lot of online venom spewed at TBD, and while I certainly understand it, I'm not ready to pile on just yet and declare the line totally dead. I guess I just hate the thought of what could have been...

The fact that they have Beorn, The Bard, and the rest of the Dwarves already sculpted makes me think these could still make it out some way, in some form one day.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 20, 2014, 12:58 PM »
Just saw this this morning as well, not sure whether to pick it up or not.  It doesn't sound as if it is "in scale" with their figure line (they mention it coming with a surprise 1.5" figure), but then again, it would be kind of neat to have a Smaug in the collection room.  Then again, there will be a LEGO one eventually too...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 20, 2014, 08:48 PM »
Whoa, is this the Bridge Direct Smaug that was teased @ ToyFair? Or something totally different?

For 1&1/2" they might be able to squeeze in one of the shorter dwarfs maybe?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 5, 2015, 04:57 PM »
Picked up about 8 Bilbos on clearance at Rose's today for $2 a pop. Looking forward to customizing a few more Hobbits...