Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140337 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 12:40 AM »
Want a collection for your boys? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 01:00 AM »
Ugh...maybe :P

I got them a set of Avengers and they have been playing with them all over the house.  The SW stuff is more or less all put away...they are super duper into Lego though and have been begging me to open the LOTR sets

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 01:20 AM »
Well if you want the old LOTR figs, or at least a decent sized set of them, I'd probably let it go at a decent price just to free up space.  I just don't have the room or sanity for a wide variety of toy lines.  It'd be kinda nice to know kids were enjoying them too.  Cave troll included!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2012, 09:16 PM »
looks like we will definitely be seeing this line at SDCC since there is going to be an exclusive Bilbo figure for sale there - I would think others from the line would be shown off too:  follow the link to check out Bilbo

http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/toys-r-us-san-diego-comic-con-2012-exclusives-round-up-6001/

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Blah. You can't tell anything about it from that pic.  Didn't Toy Biz do at least two versions of transparent Bilbo back in the day?  The Bridge is off to a stellar start...  ::)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2012, 01:48 PM »
No, it was a twilight (transparent) version of Frodo.  And that was actually one of the hottest figures in that Toy Biz line.  However they never did Bilbo that way.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 02:16 PM »
Oh, sorry, you're right, Frodo.  Still, it's just the same territory being covered again because, really, a clear figure is a clear figure.  Plus this is the 6" fig, where's the look at the 3.75" stuff?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #52 on: July 4, 2012, 11:59 PM »
Toy Biz did a clear Bilbo in a TRU exclusive set with clear versions of Frodo and Gollum. I'll see if I can find a pic. I got it for like four bucks at my local TRU, so I know it's real.

Edit: here we are-

Even though I have this one, I'll probably try to get the new one.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2012, 12:06 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 01:05 PM »
http://thefwoosh.com/2012/07/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-action-figures-coming-this-fall-from-the-bridge-direct

The Fwoosh has a cuple pics up,not sure if they're the 6 inchers or the 3.75 ones, but they look unexpectedly nice. If the 3.75 ones look this good, then count me in for the lot of em.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 03:55 PM »
I believe those are 3.75", and if they are I'm right with you on that GtGM...  Those look really good.  Far better than I anticipated.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 04:04 PM »
Damn.  Those look fantastic, and looks like a winner for the 3.75 scale fans!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 04:17 PM »
yeah,if those are 3.75 inch then they look great - and count me all in!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 05:22 PM »
Oh Snap, must...resist...new...line.

I gotta see the rest. If the bad guys look this good, resistance is probably futile.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 07:48 PM »
I think the Bilbo, at least, is a 6" figure because if you compare it to the 6" clear SDCC exclusive, it looks pretty identical.

E...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:49 PM by efranks »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Not sure on scale either, but either way, they look pretty nice.  Like efranks mentioned, the clear exclusive is supposed to be 6", and the regular version looks pretty similar, so maybe they are 6" versions.  They do look good though.  I hope they have a pretty big lineup shown at SDCC, I would guess that they would seeing as these should hit in a few more months.  I originally thought I'd stay away from these as much as possible, but now seeing these pics, I'm interested.  I didn't get in on the LOTR stuff on the "ground floor" and ended up with about a dozen figures from the various lines and always wished I had gotten in sooner (and had the room).  I may just bite the bullet and start in with these, but not sure what scale yet until we see more pics.  3 3/4" (if they look this nice), likely in for quite a few, 6" (due to space limitations) maybe just a few.  Definitely looking forward to learning more at SDCC.