Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140309 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2012, 08:15 AM »
looks like this is the scene Yazneg will be in, click for spoiler:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/8072018326/in/set-72157631733290661/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2012, 02:52 PM »
Ugh, I finally saw these today in person. You guys are right, these are VERY hard to resist. They all looked very well done and we just had a new TRU open today with a huge selection. I managed to walk out without picking any up but I kept going back to look at them and it was not easy to pass.

Seems like a potentially long wait between waves if they have to wait for each movie to get released. If they could have just released Smaug now, or soon, that probably would have been too much for me to resist.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2012, 04:56 PM »
The Bilbo figure is the weak link, like Nicklab said, but I don't think that figure is going to make or break this line.  Most people are going to be more interested in the goblins, orcs, warriors, etc.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Is this stuff TRU exclusive or will it be availible at more decent retailers soon?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2012, 12:10 PM »
I finally saw a little bit of this at our TRU this weekend, just the single carded figures (2 pegs), and sort of hidden in the middle of all the NECA/etc. stuff aisle.  I had already gotten an order from TRU.com, but ended up picking up Grinnah, which I think is the only "normal sized" figure I didn't already have.  Has there been any word if there will be further waves prior to the next movie, or are they really spreading this out?  I don't recall seeing pics of anything further.

Also, to echo what many have said, this is just a really nice line overall.  I could see where some would say Bilbo is the weak link, but the majority of the figures are pretty nicely done.  Plus, I think it is just fun to have Tolkien figures in this scale (really hoping Bridge Direct gets the license for LOTR).  I still haven't completely decided if I'm "all in" or not, but it is getting tempting - and really I'm only missing a few things at this point, so we'll see.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:12 PM by Brian »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2012, 01:27 PM »
I have wondering about a 2nd wave for a while now and I have been looking for evidence just about daily...

I did find this earlier this morning, which to me implies wave 2 is coming sooner rather than later   

http://www.tolkiendrim.com/nouveau-visuel-du-personnage-de-yazneg/"]http://www.tolkiendrim.com/nouveau-visuel-...nage-de-yazneg

I wish whoever took the pick to a picture of the back of the card.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:30 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2012, 01:36 PM »
hmmmm....  I did some more searching and it seems like this is a 6 inch figure...

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Action-Figures-and-Playsets/The-Hobbit-6-Deluxe-Collector-Figure-Yazneg(0098648)?searchPosition=1

oddly enough, according to UK TRU, he costs 14.99L whereas others from the 6 in line cost only 9.99L

that and the card is different, this one doesn't have a "J hook" whereas the rest of the line iirc does.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2012, 10:23 AM »
anyone found these in Wal Mart or target yet?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2012, 11:14 AM »
No word of this line coming to these stores yet.  Some are speculating perhaps closer to release

Update. I just checked The Bridge Direct's website and according to it this line will be released at all major retail outlets
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:17 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2012, 12:00 PM »
I apologize - since I don't really follow this line, I missed some press stuff that came into my SPAM box a while ago.

Apparently, Bridge Direct had some sort of "pre-sale" window for three exclusive sellers - Amazon, TRU, and EE.  They were allowed to sell early bird orders exclusively through September and then the toy line would be offered out to other retailers starting October 1st.   On the list of other retailers in the press release are "Kmart, Walmart, Barnes & Noble, and other smaller shops", but I don't see any reference to Target at all in the press info.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2012, 01:23 PM »
here is their list of places to buy from:  http://www.thebridgedirect.com/buy.php

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Makes me wonder if TRU's got the price inflated slightly and they'll be cheaper at Wal-Mart?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2012, 02:54 PM »
Makes me wonder if TRU's got the price inflated slightly and they'll be cheaper at Wal-Mart?

could be; however, some of amazon's prices are higher than TRU - none of them are lower.  But we all know TRU isn't know for having the cheapest toys.

It looks like some of the prices on amazon appear to be lower right now, but that is because they are actually being sold by other sellers and you have to pay higher in shipping

anyway, I emailed The Bridge Direct today just to ask them if there would ab additional waves of figures for this first movie.  I am not expecting a response with a list of characters or anything, but it would be cool if they could say yeah or no, we do/do not have more products coming down pipe.

I will let you know when/if I hear back

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2012, 01:48 AM »
I ordered most of the 3.75 wave from TRU.com.
I am loving this line, amazing stuff

The Gandalf in the 2 pack is slightly different than the single carded one

the 2 pack is battle-damaged, brown on the coat, slightly beat up right side of his face.

I really truly hope they get a LOTR license.

Don't get me wrong, some of those Toy Biz figures are amazing, but the 3.75 size are always my fave
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2012, 10:31 AM »
This stuff isn't moving too fast at either TRU in my area - I was wondering if that was because it's placed in an oddball area and not in a high traffic spot... so last week, I put 5-6 figures in the Star Wars section... a few days later, about 75% of the Hobbit merchandise had sold (except for the Goblin King sets).  Not sure if that made some people aware this stuff was out, and they started looking for the figures and found them in the next aisle and bought some... could be just a coincidence though.