Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140351 times)

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2013, 11:45 AM »
Need a delux Radaghast with bunny sled

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2013, 03:04 PM »
Well, The Bridge Direct never got back with me on my email through their page so I found my first email I sent them a long time ago (when we found out about wave 2 getting a "summer" release) - and I emailed that email back with my new set of questions. 

my email to them again was:

Hello, I want to start off and say thank you for the awesome Hobbit line your company has created - I love these toys! With that said I just wanted to see if I could possibly ask you if there is any info you can share on the future of this line. The last collectors heard was that the next wave/series will have a "summer" release, is this still the plan? Also, will you be at Toy Fair in one month and will there be any/all of these figures from the "summer" wave to show off then?

Finally, any update to whether or not you will start giving the figures peg holes on the bottoms of their feet?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

within minutes they responded:

Hi Justin,
Thank you for contacting us here at the Bridge. we appreciate  your support of the line.we will release more information about upcoming product in the next month or so. Also, please stay tuned to our Facebook page for more details!

Thank you,

Customer Service

So, they didn't really address anything, other than it sounds like we will find out stuff in a month, but kinda odd that they didnt even say if they would be at Toy Fair.  I am guessing they will be though given the time frame.

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47 PM »
Still never seen any of these outside of TRU...weird.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2013, 12:01 PM »
I've seen them at a couple other places, like Barnes & Noble and Vintage Stock.

After seeing the movie this weekend finally, there's quite a bit more from the film that I've love to see them make.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2013, 01:26 PM »
I was genuinely surprised to see these turn up at a WalMart store a few days ago.  But so far I've refrained from getting into this line.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:26 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28 PM »
They're showing up at Wal-Mart too now?  That's great news.  I'm glad to see them pick up the line... maybe this summer when there's supposedly new product out (wave 2, etc.) we'll see a larger footprint for this line... it's a pretty nice line so far, just not as much variety as I'd like to see... but maybe that's a good thing - too much at once for a launch can kill a line (ahem... Hasbro...).

I hope this summer, we see more characters like Sauramon, Elrond, Galadriel, the obese dward, the white Orc, and those awesome mountain trolls... also, a new tooling for Bilbo, maybe he can come as a deluxe with a horse or something.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2013, 02:29 PM »
...also would like to see the brown wizard and his rabbit sled... the Necromancer would be cool too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2013, 03:20 PM »
They've been showing up at Wal-Mart since right before the movie.  Seems not all stores are getting them but many in my area have been carrying them since maybe a half month or so before the movie's release.

I've seen them everywhere pretty much but Target.  K-Mart had them not long after TRU, WM then was the last to put them out.  Even Sears put them out when K-Mart did.  Better prices than TRU as well.  Good if you only wanted one or two figures and didn't want to cave on a whole new line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2013, 04:16 PM »
Thanks Jesse - guess I'll need to keep my eyes open.  I haven't seen them at those retailers yet, and I hit quite a few Wal-Marts on a frequent basis.  Maybe when they do their resets soon they'll make a spot for them.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2013, 08:20 PM »
These are already on clearance at my WalMart.

They initially had them in the LEGO section.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2013, 09:21 PM »
I've only seen a lone Legolas at WM, and it was hanging on one of those plastic endcap hangers where they have those license plates with names on them. It was weird.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2013, 09:22 PM »
Mine put them out in these pre-pack things, on the side of endcaps, and then they got moved to action figures like across from Iron Man stuff.  Not a lot at any given store, and they didn't have anything beyond single figure sets IIRC.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2013, 10:44 PM »
It must be a regional thing then, because I have scoured every Walmart around here from top to bottom and there is no sign of these things. None.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2013, 11:10 AM »
2nd
did see alimited assortment at a Ka mart once.
But looks like TRU locked thsi stuff up here.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2013, 04:00 PM »
6 inch? Azog! 

go to their facebook page and see posts by others for a bigger image

TBD:

We are focusing on The Hobbit line now while the movies are active, but do have rights to LOTR, may have a little something in our back pocket for the future  ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:14 PM by shmashwitdaclub »