Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140848 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2013, 08:48 AM »
F*** Yes!

http://idlehands1.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/toy-fair-2013-bride-directs-hobbit.html?m=1

I will be back to talk about what I am seeing here later....   ;D

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2013, 09:27 AM »
Azog and Warg = 3 3/4 - I think....  It looks like this one has no ankles so that is why I am suspecting as much.  I just don't recall Azog having an arm when he rode the Worg.  Maybe he rode a Worg at the beginning of the movie before he lost his arm.

The pic with Azog, Radagast and Bolg should all be 6 inch figures.  I say this because Bolg has ankles whereas the 3 3/4 inch version did not.

All the dwarves should be 3 3/4 as well.  No ankles plus Grinnah is behind them (I am pretty sure there has not been a 6 inch Grinnah).  Dwarves look awesome - lovin Bombur!

Oh, and of course there is the mention of PLAYSETS!!!!!!   Awesome!!!!!! But really, I think early on, Thorin/Goblin King was considered, or described as, a "playset".

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2013, 11:14 AM »
Still need Gloin to round out the 3 3/4" dwarves.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2013, 11:54 AM »
Nice to see that there is some more stuff on the way (eventually) for this line.  I really enjoyed the first batch of things, and don't even mind the slower pace of releases as long as things keep going along.  I'm going to have to check out those new pics, but it sounds good.  Also liking that little quote on the previous page here about them possibly doing Lord of the Rings stuff down the road.  That's what I'd like to see, and I think I would be all in on those if/when it happens.  Although, I've pretty much been all in on the Hobbit stuff thus far as well.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2013, 01:40 PM »
Wow, that's a great line-up for series 2! The only thing missing is a generic Orc Soldier, and as Neal said, Gloin. Hopefully retailers keep giving this line support because I would be devastated if these new figures don't get released.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2013, 02:15 PM »
Gloin's absence is a little weird.  IIRC, someone mentioned that the Bridge Direct also has the license for LOTR, correct?  So perhaps they would do a Gloin / Gimli 2-pack?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2013, 08:28 PM »
I think Bridge Direct has an incredible opportunity with this line, with Star Wars basically looking dead for the immediate future. They could potentially snap up all the bored and disillusioned Star Wars collectors for themselves if they play things right. I'm salivating at the thought of a LOTR trilogy line done in the 3.75" scale. Just imagine the possibilities, the army building potential itself is excellent and I'd love to see this teeny little company no one ever heard of before suddenly rise up the ranks in collectors eyes. I look forward to future announcements.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 6, 2013, 05:28 PM »
all hobbit toys are half off at Kmart. I got fimbul with worg for $10 and grinnah the goblin for $4

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: February 6, 2013, 08:04 PM »
What smash said...  They're the same at my K-Mart.  I got Dwalin/Balin, Legolas/Woman, Thorin, and I'll get more later...  I plan to nab probably doubles of a lot for customizing and for the bits/pieces, and I want the Warg with the Orc because it just looks good.

I'll get Bilbo/Gollum just to have them too.

I can't wait for an extra half off sale on clearance because I am going to nab the AT-ST for $15.50...  My store's stock should be there for a while. ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:33 PM by Greg »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41 AM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Ran to my other K-Mart today to see if I could get the figures my store didn't have, and luckily I got the last Gandalf.  Wanted 2, he's good fodder, but alas only got one.  I also got the last 2 Goblins they had which my store didn't have at all.

Gonna get Fili/Kili and Bilbo/Gollum this week I think, and just round it all out.

Both stores have al ot of the warg/Orc set and I want it but am being sorta tight.  I'll get it, but the last 2 2-packs will cost me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2013, 09:03 PM »
So still 50% off? I'll have to take a look.

The new stuff looks great. Hope we find it. When does this next wave come out?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38 PM »
Damn, now I'm back to thinking hard about jumping in on this line, a good sale would be a nice entry point. Off to K-Mart I go...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2013, 09:23 AM »
So still 50% off? I'll have to take a look.

The new stuff looks great. Hope we find it. When does this next wave come out?

no new word yet - so still just a "summer" release