Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140353 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11 PM »
I'm surprised at who never saw these at km or wm.  I saw these a LOT t Kmart and Walmart saw singles fairly often but never more than a couple rows of pegs.  Sold through except Bilbo.  Kmart didn't do so well but moved most 2 packs n singles via clearance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Rumors on the Bridge Direct Facebook page seem to say that TRU online will be the only one's carrying the Wave 2 stuff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2013, 01:26 PM »
Kind of a bummer...  Probably will phase me out of buying more.  K-Mart's clearance was only reason I bought a full set of what they had.  I was going to get the last couple things at TRU I needed and hope for the best with the next series but these are GROSSLY overpriced at TRU if even K-Mart undercut them by a large margin.

As an exclusive they're going to be horribly priced I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Has anyone seen any SDCC confirmation of the TRU only deal? 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2013, 09:32 PM »
Bump...anyone know what is happening with these?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2013, 04:18 PM »
I'd like to know as well...  Curious where these are going.  I had such dreams of LotR figs too. :(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2013, 08:39 PM »
I didn't see any info about these either, aside from the whole lineup being on display at SDCC.  I'd like to know as well.  I still have hopes of completing the dwarf lineup, if they aren't too tough to get a hold of.  I was really hoping we'd see a 3 3/4" line of Lord of the Rings figures as well, but that doesn't seem too likely at the moment.  Guess I'll have to stick to LEGO ;).

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 4, 2013, 01:23 PM »
last I heard was October release and TRU exclusive for the whole line

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2013, 01:54 PM »
I was practically begging for an excuse to jump into this line. But like Chewie, these NEVER made it to a reasonably priced Walmart or Target around here. Nor to either of our remaining K-Marts. I would have gone nuts on clearance Hobbit figs. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Our TRU still has a buttload of these too, and based on their stubborn refusal to lower the price, they will be collecting dust for awhile. They've still got Pirates of the Carribean figures on the pegs for chrissakes!

Hah ha, very late arriving to the party but I broke down and loaded up on this stuff today.  ;D

The combination of TRU's 50% Off all Hobbit merchandise + payday = toy throwdown.

Have been re-reading the thread from start to finish to see what else I may be missing, and there are definitely a few things. Gonna try the other TRU across town to try my luck this evening.

And one thing's for sure: I'm opening the crap out of these things!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2013, 03:37 PM »
I was practically begging for an excuse to jump into this line. But like Chewie, these NEVER made it to a reasonably priced Walmart or Target around here. Nor to either of our remaining K-Marts. I would have gone nuts on clearance Hobbit figs. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Our TRU still has a buttload of these too, and based on their stubborn refusal to lower the price, they will be collecting dust for awhile. They've still got Pirates of the Carribean figures on the pegs for chrissakes!

Hah ha, very late arriving to the party but I broke down and loaded up on this stuff today.  ;D

The combination of TRU's 50% Off all Hobbit merchandise + payday = toy throwdown.

Have been re-reading the thread from start to finish to see what else I may be missing, and there are definitely a few things. Gonna try the other TRU across town to try my luck this evening.

And one thing's for sure: I'm opening the crap out of these things!

I noticed the sale at TRU today. I actually sold off my Hobbit figures a few weeks ago, but was extremely tempted to pick everything up again at the cheaper price point. The pricing is not quite as good as K-Mart, but the "exclusive" items like Goblin King and Bolg/Gandalf more than make up for that.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 15, 2013, 02:01 PM »
It turns out I did pretty well, the only stuff I still need is:
SDCC Invisible Bilbo
Single carded Gandalf (if he is in fact different from the 2-pack release)
Balin

I think I will probably just end up buying all this stuff on eBay. (unless anyone has any cheap extras - PM me ;))

I opened up all the stuff last night, just as good as I expected. My only minor gripe would be that there's sometimes too many weapons for one character to hold, but too much is always better than not enough. And Gandalf's hat seems to fall off if I even look at it wrong. But overall I am super pleased with the line, hope the other stuff shown finds its way out. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 15, 2013, 06:32 PM »
the two Gandalfs are different - some slight deco changes on the one from the two pack to make him look like he got beat a little in the fight

supposedly you can stretch Gandalf's hat by boiling it and pushing it down on his head

nothing can beat the kmart prices when they were banging them out the door - but amazon has some decent prices:  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D2514571011&field-keywords=hobbit&rh=n%3A165793011%2Cn%3A165993011%2Cn%3A2514571011%2Ck%3Ahobbit

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2013, 12:37 PM »
Thanks, Smash. I picked up a single-carded Gandalf for $7 on ebay this weekend.

I also ended up returning the multipack I bought because I already had Bilbo and Thorin and I was going to have to buy another 2-pack just to get Balin. And it wasn't worth it to me to spend $15 for Kili and Fili when I can buy them both off eBay for less.

So now I need two 2-packs and Invisible Bilbo and I'm all caught up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2013, 09:18 PM »
Managed to find what I think is the last Goblin King in American TRU's for half off...  Gf's kid loved it for the sheer size of the figure.  Its closest rival in Star Wars I think is the last Jabba set which was pretty good too...  But yeah, a Dejarik figure ala this?  I'd buy.  The articulation, the price, the detail...  The Goblin King is one of the cooler toys put out in recent memory to me.

And with that I'm fully up on HObbit toys till the next figures hopefully still come out.

If LOTR were tackled in dribs and drabs, I'd be a giddy freak.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Man, I'd love to see an announcement of Bridge Direct going into the LOTR franchise.  It doesn't seem like the Hobbit stuff has flown off the shelves, so I'm not sure we'll see it happen, but I sure wish it would.  I think I'm a couple figures (from deluxe sets) short of having all the Hobbit ones, but have the rest.  Pretty nice line, and I'm going to do my best to pick up the new waves when they hit.