Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140333 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #285 on: September 27, 2013, 05:43 PM »
I saw two Legolas figures at K-Mart $1.99 each, but 25%, so $1.50 each. I passed on them. Couldn't think of anything to do with them that I'd ever actually do since I don't customize and reselling and even trading gets so frustrating.

Their sole Star Wars vintage figure was not on clearance.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2013, 11:59 PM »
I'm pretty much all in on this line as well...  Ill get the new when it's out.  LOTR would just floor me though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 4, 2013, 10:25 PM »
Got my Kili/Fili 2-pack in the mail today that I won off eBay. Also picked up the last Grinnah at TRU just to have a little extra goblin action in my display. Right nowI have everyone chilling on my spare vintage Ewok playset. The motif sort of fits somehow.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2013, 04:13 PM »
Well, according to TBD the new wave hits tomorrow at TRU.  I am kinda doubting it since there haven't been any leaks at all. 

If you see anything let us know!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Tomorrow is truck day at my local TRU, so I will keep my eyes open for new Hobbit toys. I doubt they will have anything though, since they are still PACKED with Unexpected Journey stuff. I'm pretty sure I was the only person who bought stuff during their 50% off sale last month.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2013, 09:54 AM »
I am headed out to TRU at lunch today as well, fingers crossed.

Last week I picked up the Dwalin/Balin 2-pack off eBay, so the only thing I need now is the Invisible Bilbo SDCC exclusive.

Were there any new pics circulating out of NYCC?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2013, 09:17 AM »
Nothing new at my TRU yesterday. I think they might have gotten a truck overnight so will try again today at lunch.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Nothing in OC NY either.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2013, 08:48 PM »
ughhhh the rumors on this line right now suck.... hard....

rumor mill is stating that the only things coming out are 4 figures in the 6 inch scale and the the one box set that TRU.com has up for sale right now that has 4 figures from wave 1 and only one new figure - that elf dude.  Rumor is saying this is it if they dont sell well.

I find that hard to believe but I can also understand it now because wave 1 struggled so much and since this line is purely exclusive to only one retail outlet now (TRU)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Sucks, but fine by me.  Either don't do it or do do it, but time for them to **** or get off the pot basically.  Seems like, to me anyway, they maybe DON'T want to do 3.75" anymore and are just going to can it but are trying to back out without backlash and hope everyone goes to 6" happily.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 16, 2013, 11:01 PM »
Damn, I will be very bummed if the remainder of the dwarves aren't released. I feel lack of variety and too much redundancy killed the line the first time around; I can't see anything BUT the exact same outcome this time around. Hopefully more products will make it out, but if not, I think I only have $50 tied up in the line at this point. It will feel like a very incomplete collection, but a cheap incomplete collection.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2013, 11:37 PM »
Kinda same here...  Incomplete, but I got everything super cheap at K-Mart (TRU was gouging so I refused to buy), and then I got Azog and Goblin King at TRU on clearance...  Good line, but lack of variety hurt.  Needed a carded and somewhat customizable Orc warrior in the basic line IMO.  Needed Bolg on his white warg.  Needed all the dwarves, not just a few, done in 2-packs.

Goblin King I'd have waited for a 2nd wave as a centerpiece... 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2013, 12:14 AM »
Kinda same here...  Incomplete, but I got everything super cheap at K-Mart (TRU was gouging so I refused to buy), and then I got Azog and Goblin King at TRU on clearance...  Good line, but lack of variety hurt.  Needed a carded and somewhat customizable Orc warrior in the basic line IMO.  Needed Bolg on his white warg.  Needed all the dwarves, not just a few, done in 2-packs.

Goblin King I'd have waited for a 2nd wave as a centerpiece...

A couple of army builders in the first wave would have been great, as well as a different Warg or two in the beast assortment. I think what we got would have been fine though if it there had been fewer formats. Single figures and beast packs would have been okay; no real need for the redundant 2-packs and 5-pack. Who knew a company could screw up a line worse than Hasbro?   

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2013, 09:15 PM »
The 5-pack is up on TRU.com but my stores got nothing new this week. I find it hard to blame BD for the first wave not selling better. They were great figures and decent figure choices IMO. The thing that really hurt them was not having Target and Walmart behind them.

They gotta release the stuff they have already shown though. (Radaghast, etc)

And this line just seems silly without Smaug and the rest of the dwarves, not to mention beorn, the bard, etc.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2013, 10:45 PM »
Wal-Mart carried the line...  Not as heavily as TRU and K-Mart, but I found them at several WM stores.  Mine still has about 8 or 10 Bilbo figures and I think a lone Legolas chilling.

I think 2-packs maybe were a stretch...  All singles would've been fine, but if you were gonna do 2-packs I think you shouldn't have duplicated to single cards then, and had singles be like Gandalf, elves, the theoretical customizable Orc army builder, Goblin (would've been nice if he too was "customizable" to a degree to look different/variety), Thorin, and so forth...  The other dwarves would've been kinda neat as the only 2-pack format figures then save for perhaps an Orc Paint/accessory variation 2-pack for a baddie 2-pack...

It would've helped. 

Anyway though, my WM stores that did carry the line didn't have 2-packs iirc.  Just singles.  And no deluxe that I recall either, though the deluxe line was pretty much just the Orc/Warg.