Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles  (Read 105977 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles
« on: January 4, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Sorry, didn't know where to post this...I don't see a thread for TVC Class 2 vehicles.

So the new ships have been spotted out in CA, according to GH. Again, I have looked closely at the attached scans and cannot for the life of me figure out how they are differentiating TCW and TVC vehicles now.

IS there a way to tell if a Class II (AKA midsize) vehicle is part of one line or the other?

I can assume the Pod Racers are part of the Vintage line, but I have no clue about the new AAT. The most recent AAT released was for the Clone Wars line, but does this thing belong there too?

I am hoping any TCW themed ships that may get released next year (if there are any) will have some sort of subscript or footnote/tagline/etc to set them apart. It actually does matter to some collectors like myself I think.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:53 PM by Jeff »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TPM Mid-Size Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2012, 10:03 AM »
I think all four (AAT, Infiltrator, Pod Racers) of the "new" vehicles are movie related, not Clone Wars.

Most of the time, the vehicles intended to be Clone Wars vehicles have the words "The Clone Wars" on the box while the non-Clone Wars stuff doesn't - example:

Anakin's Ship - Clone Wars:

Cloud Car - Not Clone Wars:
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Thanks Jeff, It was indeed easier to figure that out in the old packaging. I'm just wondering if they'll do likewise with the Maul packaging look.

The new battlepacks in the Maul packaging, for example, do not appear to be differentiated at all. The Republic Clone Troopers BP is not marked with the Clone Wars tag anywhere on the box that I can see.

I am hoping this is not going to be the case with the Deluxe sets and the mid-size vehicles as well. I honestly do not know how you would tell which items go with which line. (Which I'm sure is Hasbro's intent, frustrating as it is)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2012, 12:02 PM »
The AAT is prominently featured in TPM, so I figure that the new version in the Class II vehicle line will be branded as part of that line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: January 4, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Yes the AAT is in the Maul packaging.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 4, 2012, 03:05 PM »
Saw a price sticker at Target for mid size vehicles. They want $27.99. Outragous!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Even easier to pass. 

They barely even put paint aps on this stuff anymore, and they practically print money by re-releasing EVERYTHING and rarely making a new toy.  Unless it's a new snowspeeder variant, I'm pretty easily passing.  They'd maybe get me with a V-19 deco change too, but I find that unlikely.  Deco costs too much, even though the toys cost more than ever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 4, 2012, 03:29 PM »
Saw a price sticker at Target for mid size vehicles. They want $27.99. Outragous!

Wow...That's what TRU is charging.  I bought a walking cannon there the other week at that price just because I thought I'd never see it again.  Me thinks they'd jump to $30-$32 if Target is going to be charging the same as where they're priced at now.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 4, 2012, 04:24 PM »
I don't think that's unlikely at all...  When one goes up, the others follow suit.  Wal-Mart will too, like I said elsewhere.  This can pretty much be expected.  I would assume Deluxe Fig w/Vehicle will go up too, maybe Battlepacks (which just went down in price and figure count recently)... 

If one aspect goes up, it seems everything does.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 4, 2012, 04:45 PM »
A member at Yakface found these at Wal-Mart for $24.96, so hopefully they won't be raising the price there... I seem to recall that Target sometimes jacks up prices slightly on some SW items when they first come out, then lower them a bit after demand slows down. 

But, a higher price would not surprise me.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 4, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Still can't see much of the supposed new cockpit for the AAT on the box photo.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 4, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Wow - time to seriously start thinking about quitting... What will they be doing by the time we get to ROTJ, selling the $20 re-releases for $50?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 4, 2012, 07:24 PM »
Hasbro's site lists them at $29.99...  so I suspect retailers will catch up to that price at some point or another.  Funny how the entire first wave is nothing but stuff they already made too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 4, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Eek, that's pricey.  If the retailers to end up in that $30 range, it would take a lot to get me to pick much up I think.  There's nothing currently announced that I really need, although I may grab the new Naboo Starfighter (is that in this assortment?).  Otherwise, like Jesse, I'd go for Snowspeeder repaints - or if we see any other OT vehicles (although there might not be much to fit in this assortment at this point, unless they are way off in scale).

This isn't the thread for it, but when reading through the Attack Shuttle thread in the CW forum - and on the topic of "big vehicles", there don't seem like a lot of great options (at least ones that would be somewhat guaranteed sellers).  I wouldn't mind seeing them hit a bit lower pricepoint and give us some all new versions of things like the X-Wing, Y-Wing, etc. each year.  Do them up really good (maybe with electronics and everything) in a spiffy vintage box, and offer those for the holiday season instead.  Not that I don't want to see a Sail Barge or some of the others mentioned, but if those weren't options, I wouldn't mind seeing some of those OT ships (or others) redone to scale, with all the bells and whistles.  Anyways...back on topic.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 5, 2012, 03:21 PM »
I think I'm going to limit myself on these to the updated tank (with the supposedly new cockpit) and the new Naboo starfighter.

The pod racers and Sith Infiltrator are straight up repacks so they are definite passes.

I don't even like the new packaging look/style, so the ugly Maul packaging makes it even easier for me to say "I don't need the re-releases".
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!