Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles  (Read 105993 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: TPM Mid-Size Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: January 5, 2012, 03:34 PM »
I've lost count of all the different tank repaints I have so will likely skip that and just get the yellow ship.  I stopped buying repack vehicles years back so no desire there to pick anything else up.

I know that the Royal Starship doesn't fit in this category, but what was Hasbro's response to not re-releasing that thing?  Didn't we have both the BMF and the AT-TE competing with one another the first year of large vehicles?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: January 5, 2012, 03:55 PM »
I was under the impression that the N1 is an all-new ship, and out of the mid-size range.  It is definitely larger than the original, actually to-scale now it appears, and a ton more accurate with the way the cockpit slides forward (and opens on hinges too, to get the droid in).

I think that'll be more than a mid-size vehicle, but I'm in...  If they can deliver high quality, I'm probably willing to pay a bit more on that one.  Scaled ships would have my money.  If they did an X-Wing, I'd be willing to shell out big for something like that...  or a Y-WIng, B-Wing, etc.  I did for large scale airplanes from WW2, and still do for tanks/armor.  So long as the quality is there, I'm in on that kind of stuff.

If it's underscaled, or just a slight retool...  why pay more for it ya know?  the original isn't that good to begin with IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: January 5, 2012, 04:08 PM »
According to the Hasbro Q&A, the new 2012 Naboo N-1 Starfighter is 100% newly tooled.

And according to the slides that were shown at NYCC, that new Naboo N-1 Starfighter should be part of Wave 2 of these Class II vehicles (or mid-size vehicles, or assault class vehicles, or starfighter vehicles, or whatever it is they are calling them these days :P).
« Last Edit: January 5, 2012, 04:08 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #18 on: January 5, 2012, 07:25 PM »
I'm kind of in trouble here.  I don't have the Infiltrator still, so I'll probably bite.  I'm definitely down for a Naboo fighter.  I wouldn't mind an updated tank, but I still really like my original.  Almost said vintage.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: January 6, 2012, 05:31 PM »
$30 for what seems like a properly scaled and detailed N1?  I'm cool with that.  $30 for an AT-AP?  hah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #20 on: January 7, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Probably just doing the Naboo fighter and ATT.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: January 8, 2012, 05:42 PM »
TRU.com has the first assortment of vehicles in-stock.... for $32.99 each
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 8, 2012, 06:56 PM »
I just want the Naboo fighter and maybe the Sith Infiltrator...maybe.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 1, 2012, 10:19 AM »
I wonder if you guys can help me out with some info on the pod racers as I don't own their previous releases. Is it possible to have the part where the driver sits displayed as if it's on the ground rather than mid flight... without permanently damaging the vehicle?

Many thanks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #24 on: February 1, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Yes. When you assemble the pods just don't connect the metal support rods.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 1, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Thanks for the quick response man, with that in mind, I might pick these up.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #26 on: February 1, 2012, 04:25 PM »
The Trade Tank is a worthy upgrade with the new cockpit and accurate paint scheme but the tool is starting to show its age. It's not that it's outdated looking, its the noticeable weak assembly of the toy now. It's been consistent in the line for a long time, this is it's 5th release! The small antenna on the top is losing detail with plastic flash and looking rough and the turret falls off fairly easily. Plus the large cannon does not stay on that great either.

I picked up two of these and will pick up x2 Naboo Fighters and x2 of the new WM Vulture Droid. Unless there is more new stuff shown at TF that's all I plan on buying. I passed on the redecos and re-release stuff. (On a Mid-Size vehicle side note I have never seen the Mandalorian gunship and guess I won't to even consider buying it.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 1, 2012, 05:14 PM »
I've seen these at every store this week now, and they all seem to be sitting (at least so far).  I never got Sebulba's podracer (or the Sith Infiltrator), but with the higher pricetag I think I'd go to ebay for the older ones if I really wanted them.  I think Sebulba's ride can be had for around $10-15 there.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 1, 2012, 05:28 PM »
The Trade Tank is a worthy upgrade with the new cockpit and accurate paint scheme but the tool is starting to show its age. It's not that it's outdated looking, its the noticeable weak assembly of the toy now. It's been consistent in the line for a long time, this is it's 5th release! The small antenna on the top is losing detail with plastic flash and looking rough and the turret falls off fairly easily. Plus the large cannon does not stay on that great either.

I picked up two of these and will pick up x2 Naboo Fighters and x2 of the new WM Vulture Droid. Unless there is more new stuff shown at TF that's all I plan on buying. I passed on the redecos and re-release stuff. (On a Mid-Size vehicle side note I have never seen the Mandalorian gunship and guess I won't to even consider buying it.)

Any chance you could take some pics of the upgraded cockpit?  I saw it in the store and passed since I was picking up about $80 worth of battle packs & exclusives (gotta spread these purchases out!), but even when I was checking out the box it was tough to see any details.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #29 on: February 3, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Next time I hit my storage locker I will. Everything is packed up and everything I buy I drop off. If I was not in the process of moving I would post it already.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/