Author Topic: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles  (Read 105972 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 Movie Heroes Class II Vehicles
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 02:50 PM »
I don't think etailers ever got this did they?

Etailers have been receiving the Naboo Starfighter wave for a while.  In fact, it's In Stock at EE right now... of course, you have to buy the whole case to get it. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 03:04 PM »
I my best Ren voice.  You Idiot(s) !  Was this thing seriously supposed to be released in time back when Ep13D came out ?  How did that get ****** up so bad...Maybe the vehicle line would have lasted longer if they had new product on the shelves, but I guess Hasbro wanted to kill these $30 vehicles off.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 06:56 PM »
No, more like Lucasfilm wanting Hasbro to kill 3 3/4, and Hasbro said "we'll make consumer  friendly $20 items, will that shut you up?"

The N1 was delayed because Hasbro had to rush episode 1 stuff because Lucasfilm didn't give them enough notice.

And retailers don't give a @#$%% about restocking toys anymore.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 08:31 PM »
They won't just dump them possibly because they'd eat a big loss...  Those stores, Kohls not included since they're not a discount chain (I assume you meant Kohl's), aren't going to pay what WM or Target or other retailers pay out for the stuff.

I wanted the retool, it's a good ship, and the update is a needed update to the already solid vehicle...  It really just needed a better cockpit and removable droid, and got it.

Alas, it'll fall into obscurity...  till Hasbro DOES rerelease it eventually, and they will.

I won't say I'm not disappointed, but I will say I'm not crying about it...  Like the Mando shuttle, I'd buy if I saw it I think, but I don't care enough to be upset.

Now if it were the Snowspeeder or a repaint of the Snowspeeder...  yeah I'd be annoyed.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:33 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Since Padme starts EP2 flying one into Coruscant with R2 as her droid, I have no doubt that even if it's an exclusive somewhere, we could see a set that consists of the N1 Fighter, a new Pilot Padme and R2-D2.

I know I'd love a set like that....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2012, 11:17 PM »
Naboo Fighter on Amazon UK

Only 31.99 in British Pounds, which according to Google comes out to $51 US, before overseas shipping!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 01:17 AM »
Ummm, yeah...  no...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 08:56 AM »
IMHO, that is not bad at all considering no one is EVER going to find this in a store in the US. At least they didn't make 5% of them in English language packaging and the other 95% in trilingual style ala the Mando Transport. That would be way more aggravating/expensive.

I seem to recall having some problems trying to order items off of Amazon UK in the past though, like some items cannot be put into your cart for some reason. Maybe only certain sellers ship overseas?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 02:19 PM »
You know, when this was first shown/announced I was kind of excited for it.  I have fond memories of the ship just because my wife got me one as a gift once when they were on clearance at TRU for like $5 or something, and it was a nice surprise.  But, as the year went on and it didn't hit retail and kept getting pushed back, I lost interest.  Now, I don't know if I care or not.  I suppose if I saw one on the shelf I'd maybe pick one up, but the combination of running out of room and focusing more on the OT for anything outside of basic figures makes me think about passing on it now.  I could see it hitting again as a retailer exclusive though, since this size doesn't fit into the new $20 pricepoint.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 07:47 PM »
To me, nothing that was to retail for $30 is a good deal at $50...  Nothing modern should be anyway.  Just because Hasbro f'd it up and didn't get it out doesn't mean that now $50's fair for it.  Not to me anyway.  I look at it as easy to walk away from since they didn't get it to me for what they said they would.  They don't deserve my moolah for it.  I felt the same way on the Mandalorian ship...

At the same time though, I figure Hasbro will put them out again at some point.  They like doing that stuff.  :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2012, 12:48 AM »
How about a nice Ultimate Battle Pack - new Pilot Panaka & Astromech, new Pilot Padme & R2-D2, and the new N-1 Starfighter with a backdrop straight from the opening of AOTC.  Toss in an "exploded" Handmaiden to seal the deal.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2012, 01:31 AM »
You meant Typho there, but yeah I'm all for that...  I'm sure they'll figure out something to put it into circulation because it's rare.  As long as the line doesn't go kaput they'll try to at some point.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Toss in an "exploded" Handmaiden to seal the deal.  ;)

;D  I laughed at that.... that would be a selling point, right?  A dead Corde?  And then give up dead and battered Shim for the Swoop bike, too (or a limp canvas bag).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 09:50 AM »
Funny - I read that wrong the first time and thought you wrote "exploited handmaiden," which would obviously be less kid-friendly.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 10:19 PM »
Guess what I got in the mail today?  :D

Yep, I'm a sucker who plunked down the cash and bought myself a 2012 Class II Wave 2 case from EE.  At least I got free shipping...  and yes, another Anakin Starfighter for Toys for Tots! :P

And I literally LOLed, when I saw this little guy on the case -

So sad to think these cases were ready for the January launch...  excellent work there retail & Hasbro!  ::)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:20 PM by Jeff »