Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 101869 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2012, 05:07 PM »
Yeah, I noticed our local store had put out the Joe stuff again now too, where the sold out TMNT stuff usually occupies.  Not sure if they just wanted to "fill the aisle" for now or what, but I did see it out there again.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2012, 05:31 PM »
I don't think it needs its own thread-

Hot Toys GI Joe: Retaliation Snake Eyes figure

I'm not big on 1/6 stuff, but man, I'm thinking about getting this.  :o
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2012, 11:05 PM »
whoa!  that is awesome

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 1, 2013, 05:55 PM »
I can only imagine if they did Cobra Commander- I actually like his design in this flick, and a Hot Toys version of that would be another $250 out of my pocket.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 7, 2013, 03:06 AM »
Found a case of wave 3, the Alphas, and the second wave of 3-packs at both of my local WMs tonight. Of course, none of them were in the system, so they wouldn't let me buy any, which after tax would have been close to two bills. Guess BBTS will get my money for this stuff, if I don't find them at Target first.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2013, 04:17 PM »
found these at WM in Mishawaka, IN for $10 each

1x Snake Eyes = whichever one is the new one
1x Flint
1x Battle-Kata Roadblock
1x Firefly
1x Lady Jaye
1x Cyber Ninja
1x Joe Colton
1x Red Cobra Trooper
1x Dark Ninja Warrior

i grabbed one of each of those

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2013, 05:16 PM »
I picked up a couple figures from w1, but will wait to see these in person before I commit.  I think I only bought a few ROC figures so I'll likely be as selective with this line as well.  The Target 3 packs I got on clearance last year were actually pretty nice as do the new ones look for this year.

$10 a figure is just a hard pill for me to swallow.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2013, 06:04 PM »
found these at WM in Mishawaka, IN for $10 each

1x Snake Eyes = whichever one is the new one
1x Flint
1x Battle-Kata Roadblock
1x Firefly
1x Lady Jaye
1x Cyber Ninja
1x Joe Colton
1x Red Cobra Trooper
1x Dark Ninja Warrior

i grabbed one of each of those
Saw those figures at a K Mart and a Wal Mart.  Just grabbed Joe, Jaye, Flint and Firefly

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Found Retalition figures stocked at Target tonight.  Unfortunately, it's mostly leftover stuff from last year.  Five each Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes and 2 Roadblock, all wave 1.  Three packs from last year, motorcycles role play.  They did have the new Micro Force and the second wave of Bravo vehicles which are now suddenly $31! 

I have no thoughts that my store will ever stock anything post wave 1 but we'll see.  I'm not putting money on my Walmart store carrying the line at all...it's a small store and they've been known to skip entire lines.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 16, 2013, 12:21 AM »
Yeah, I have Target like that. Wave 1 stuff and the only place that carries Bravo vehicles. I caved on the Ninja VAMP at $31 but only because WM doesn't carry them and my local TRU got more Ghost Hawks in this week.

WM has surprised me in the last week. I got everything but Colton, Jaye, and the Dark Ninja through them.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 16, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Took advantage of the decent weather and drove about 20 miles to the next town over and hit Walmart and KMart.

Walmart had the new Joes, including Joe Colton, Lady Jaye, Firefly, the ninjas and second versions of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and Roadblock.  They also had the wave 2 battle packs. 

I would have bought more but after paying $31 for the Ninja cruiser last night I only picked up Jaye, Colton and Firefly and the Mouse 3-pack.  I'd like to have also snagged a couple of the Ninjas and maybe even Roadblock and Flint, but I passed for now. I think I'm going to hold out for the Ultimate Flint anyway...if he ever comes out that is.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2013, 03:51 PM »
stopped at a Target a bit out from my normal area and they had the figure case with Willis and the others

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Saw what is, I'm guessing, considered wave 2 at a local Walmart today, and passed on all of them. The one figure I had definitely planned on getting was Colton (because its Bruce Willis after all), but his eyes were crossed worse than any Chewbacca I've ever seen, so I left him. I wasn't too impressed with any of the others' paint apps either, and Lady Jaye was especially sloppy. For 10 bucks a figure, I expect a lot more.

I did, however, grab the Cobra Invasion Team 3 pack, which is pretty great. Firefly is pretty much a POC-style update of the RAH figure, and the Paratrooper uses the POC Shock Trooper as a base, including most of the gear from that figure plus the parachute and harness from the first Retaliation Cobra Trooper but in black (the harness; the chute is still blue with a red Cobra logo). Storm Shadow looks like the single carded release (which I don't have, so I may be wrong) but he includes more accessories including a RAH style backpack. Very cool set, and highly recommended for fans of the POC stuff.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #268 on: February 18, 2013, 12:16 AM »
Yet to see new Joes here yet...  Thinking about some of the ones seen at Toy Fair and a couple Reataliation guys here and there for my meager "classics" team of Joes and Cobras.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2013, 08:40 AM »
Target has the Hiss and Ghost Hawk sized vehicles on sale for $19.99.  It's a price cut, so I'm pretty sure it'll last a few weeks.