Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 102096 times)

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Some thing is really wrong with Hasbro people!
This is either really good news or really bad news for Star wars collectors
I honestly think we have had such a hard time finding star wars figs because they wait till all there spring summer movies are out and then they start to let things go! I have seen this so many times with the first GI joe, Indiana jones, transformers etc etc. I think they should hold back the figures along with the movie because regardless of how well the film does GI joe toys will never do as well as star wars I wish they would just except this and put the star wars figs out!
There I said it!!!!

And let's hope they don't hike the price on star wars to try and compensate for the major failure!
And where isy GI joe renegades roadblock Hasbro?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2012, 03:19 PM »
Hasbro's official statement:
“G.I. Joe is an ongoing consumer franchise and therefore there is merchandise available to consumers.  There is a limited amount of G.I. Joe Retaliation product at retail now, but in light of the movie moving out to March 29, 2013, the majority of the movie line will be made available early next year in time for the film’s release.”

Scramble to the stores...buy what you can now!  :o

Or whatever. I might pick up that HISS Tank.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2012, 12:17 PM »
Snagged Zartan, Snake Eyes, green trooper, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander and a Red Ninja. Left Duke, a Cobra trooper, and Roadblock.

The green trooper looks like Master Chief.  SS and CC are the standouts.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2012, 04:41 PM »
My local TRU put the stuff out. Things were pretty well picked over, and there were no midsize vehicles, so I grabbed the black CC (only CC there), Rockblock, and the Ninja Dojo set.

After seeing this stuff, it makes the movie delay suck even more.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2012, 05:56 PM »
No stands?! The terrorists have won.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2012, 07:02 PM »
I saw a couple of figures I liked the looks of, but $10 each? Ouch.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Nothing out around here yet, although I haven't checked TRU yet.  Haven't decided how much (if any) of this I will get, but I'd at least like to get a Snake Eyes and possibly Storm Shadow.  Are the "good" versions in these first assortments, or in the stuff being held for next year?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Panic may be right!  :o

Variety reporting that Joe will have no retail presence during hiatus and that retailers are being instructed not to sell retaliation still in stockrooms: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054684

So if you see something buy it quick!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2012, 02:07 PM »
I don't think the sky is falling quite as much as people think.  If they were being yanked, I'm pretty sure they would have been yanked from HTS first.  You can still get a full set of wave 1 with free shipping there.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Hit our local TRU today, and they had the stuff out too - although not much of it.  About a case of basic figures (I recall seeing Duke, Roadblock, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow), a couple of vehicles (no HISS), and that was about it.  With the Buy One Get One Half Off Sale, I picked up SE and SS.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25 AM »
I picked up a movie HISS at Target...close call on those three packs, but passed. Target had plenty of the entire first wave, including Red Ninjas and GI Joe troopers (including brown capes, which I hadn't seen before), but at $10 each, they can eat a bag of wet dicks.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Hit up my local Target this morning and they had everything.  Grabbed my HISS and a red NINJA and an articulated CC and left.  Looks like all the summer movie lines were out.  Hopefully I can make it to TRU sometime this week to get in on the BOGOHO sale.  The $10 price on Joes is a tough pill to swallow here....Didn't Hasbro acknowledge that they had ROC msrp up too high?  Oh well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2012, 11:53 AM »
I grabbed 2 red Ninjas, 2 Joe soldies, Zartan, black CC, and the Ninja 3 pack today at Target.  I am holding on to this receipt as there is no way I am spending $10 on each of these figures and settling for that price - especially when TRU already has them on sale for BOGO 1/2 off (they just haven't got any in yet).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Nothing at Target today and they hadn't started their reset yet, which I is what I expected to find knowing the history of the store.

Headed to Walmart and they'd actually pulled all the clearance stuff out of the action figure aisle and had the pegs set but no stock out yet, it was all still on the cart.  I went and snagged lunch and came back to find the Retaliation stuff stocked.  One case of figures, Alpha vehicles, the Battle Kata 10" stuff and role play.  No Battle Packs or Bravo vehicles.

I picked up the Red Ninja, GI Joe Trooper and Zartan at $8.96 each and left.  I may head over to Target later this afternoon but don't expect to find anything...they're always a day or two behind on their toy aisle resets plus I really don't want to pay 10 per figure. 

And, yes, Hasbro admitted that they may have priced their RoC figures too high in '09.  But I don't know what Target was thinking when they hiked the Renegades/30th price to $10.99 when they had product on the pegs that wasn't moving at $7.99.  They're off their rocker.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2012, 04:04 PM »
My local Target had one case of everything, so I grabbed the Joe and Cobra Troopers, Zartan, Red Ninja, and the HISS Tank. More than I wanted to buy, but the stuff looked pretty cool in person. And I know I'll regret waiting until next year if I don't grab it now.

I suppose if SE, SS, and Duke hang around, I'll eventually pick them up. I'd like to find a blue CC too, but I'll probably have to wait and see what WM gets.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk