Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 102094 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2012, 04:08 PM »
I was actually disgusted to see Duke back on the pegs...Seemed like everything was 1 per case with the exception of SE & SS.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2012, 04:49 PM »
Targets all over my area did a reset last night, to coincide with the SW figure sale, and they all had Retaliation toys out in actually decent quantities.  Cobra Trooper and Zartan were all I found harder to find...  Kind of disappointing really that they won't put more Wave 1 out just to tide people over for the Summer.

And some of the stuff is dismal...  Hinged knees are just such a horrid step backwards. Duke looks like ****.  Zartan's kind of cool and retro, if not half-assed.  Cobra Trooper is cool, as is the Joe Trooper with the dip**** headsculpt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Hinged knees are just such a horrid step backwards.

I don't agree with that 100%. I have found that on some figures (Roadblock and Cobra Trooper) the single hinged knees allow for about the same range of motion as their double-hinged counterparts, and accomplishing kneeling positions is much easier. On the other hand the single hinged knees definitely do suck on Cobra Commander. That figure cant achieve a kneeling pose without looking totally ridiculous. So I guess the merits of the single hinged knees just depend on the particular sculpt.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2012, 06:32 PM »
Just curious, what are you guys seeing more of, the blue cape or tan cape GI Joe troopers?  So far I've only seen one blue, everything else (maybe six or so) tan.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Just curious, what are you guys seeing more of, the blue cape or tan cape GI Joe troopers?  So far I've only seen one blue, everything else (maybe six or so) tan.

I've been seeing (and reading about) certain figures being restricted to certain stores. So far Target only seems to have black CC and tan Joe Trooper, while Wal-Mart seems to be the place to go for blue CCs and blue Joe Troopers. Based on online posts only TRU seems to be getting a mix of all variants. Since I have many Targets in my area, which all appeared to stock at least 2 cases each (as opposed to WMs with one case each) I have spotted a lot more tan Joe Troopers.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Walmart had a blue CC and my Joe Trooper has the blue cape.  Is this another blue vs "red" thing with WM and Target?

I think Roadblock is 2x per case along with SS and SE.  So that's 6 and the 1x are CC, Zartan, GI Joe Trooper, Red Ninja, Duke and Cobra Trooper.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Hmm...that makes sense, with the Joe troopers.  I got my black CC at Wal Mart.  Haven't seen a blue one at all.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54 PM »
I went back to Target about 7:30 and nothing.  I didn't expect to find anything but they were doing stock when I was there around 11:30.

When I stopped this morning there was a cart in the action figure aisle with a box of reshop stuff, I think, but when I first saw it I thought it might be there because they were setting new pegs.  I rounded the corner at 7:30 and the cart was still there.  Good job, Target...  ::)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Finally opened up my Red Ninja... :o

Pretty impressive figure.  I'm not sold on the swivel ankles for all the figures (the trooper doesn't really need it), but on a ninja, it's pretty cool.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:52 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2012, 11:00 AM »
I was hoping that since Wal-Mart is only charging $7.47 in my area for the new Spiderman stuff, that the Joes would be that price too... so they're $8.96 there?  Damn.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2012, 11:23 AM »
A WM that actually carried Joes 100% of the time through the years had their 2 Retaliation figs marked at $6.76 on Sunday so was hoping to see the same at Target, but obviously no dice.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2012, 12:05 PM »
Picked up 2 Red Ninjas and 2 CC's after the local Target reset this morning. First time I have seen either of those on the pegs.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2012, 12:27 PM »
just read this from user Bigjim over at Rebelscum:

We regret that Hasbro has sent an e-mail this morning stating that Wave 2 & Wave 3 have in fact been cancelled until March 2013. The only Retaliation items we will see this year is the little Wave 1 product that are currently in stores now.

What to do?

1. If you would like to keep your order in place for Wave 2 with Kokomo Toys and still secure your items then you need to do nothing. You are locked in and good when they arrive next year.

2. However, if you would like to cancel your order and be refunded please e-mail us at ambersjordan@comcast.net with your order number and we will refund your money and cancel the order.

Please note, we will announce again and reoffer Wave 2 & Wave 3 early next year while supplies last. Until then, there will be no Gi-Joe items available from Hasbro for 2012.

Thank you for your understanding during this rough patch.

Amber @ http://www.kokomotoys.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Wow, BBTS just put up pre-orders for Waves 2 and 3 today! Ouch!

Is this Wave 1 stuff going to linger at retail? Are they going to keep re-shipping or once it's gone is that it?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Our newest sponsor, NerdRageToys.com, put out a notice on Twitter which we also put out (@JediDefender) that they were being allowed to place orders for Wave 2 and 3, however NerdRageToys was not willing to put up pre-orders till they were 100% sure they were going to get them.

Word from Hasbro specifically was that there IS a slim chance these will make it, but it's a VERY slim chance, and so Nerd Rage wasn't going to take any chances with letting customers pre-order till they're sure their order will be filled.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77