Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 102097 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2012, 02:48 PM »
Wow, BBTS just put up pre-orders for Waves 2 and 3 today! Ouch!

Is this Wave 1 stuff going to linger at retail? Are they going to keep re-shipping or once it's gone is that it?

I think I have read somewhere, and it could just be speculation, that once it is gone it is gone.  At some point retail will probably be using the space which was to be dedicated to this line for other hasbro lines, i.e. Avengers, Spiderman,  etc.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58 PM »
I found a full stock of Retaliation toys at Target after work.  Didn't look like anything had been touched before I got there.  All 12 figures (Black CC, tan GI Joe Trooper), Battle Pack, Alpha, Bravo & Delta vehicles and role play stuff.

The $9.99 price is ridiculous, though.  The Spider-Man figures were that price also.  Still, I picked up CC, Joe Trooper and a Red Ninja along with the BP of Kamakura, Beachhead and Roadblock.

I probably should have snagged the blue CC at Walmart Monday but didn't.  It was gone Tuesday night, the only other figure missing since I took three out Monday morning.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2012, 07:06 PM »
I grabbed a Blue CC and a Cobra Trooper today at TRU

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2012, 11:10 PM »
Busted out the new HISS and was surprised to find it's a new, or at least modified, mold. No more moving treads, no spring-up action (completely different chassis), and no hatch for figures on the rear underside. Also, the canopy is tinted blue instead of red, as pictured on the box (which bums me out as I thought the red canopy on the blue tank looked super badass).
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Yeah, they retooled that whole vehicle.  That's how they got it back down to $20 when the previous Delta vehicles had been pushing up towards $30 at some stores.

I passed on it today and it's one of the reasons I picked up the Crimson version and tracked down a loose brown tank when I had the chance.  I wanted to get the nicely detailed ones before Hasbro moved on to this model.  I don't know if I'll bother with it.  It's nice, but I'll probably pass.

I almost came out of Target with the Ghost Hawk, though.  I just don't like the huge engines on the otherwise undersized wings.  I still wish they'd gotten that RoC Howler done.  That was an excellent piece.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2012, 09:43 AM »
I almost picked up the Ghost Hawk too - looks kinda nifty, but I guess there's a big hole in the under belly that I didn't notice.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2012, 11:55 AM »
I picked up the HISS yesterday for my son.  It will be a present for later this summer or something since his birthday was last week and he got a ton of stuff.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2012, 09:48 PM »
$8.96 at WM - was in the area so decided to stop.  Grabbed 1 more red ninja.  Price still too high, but ya....no more Joes till next year has me worried.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2012, 11:44 PM »
The Wal-Mart by my house apparently put out two cases last night - I went by there today, nothing left but several of Roadblock, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes... can't believe they didn't double pack the army builders in Wave 1... well, yes I can.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 1, 2012, 12:24 AM »
Someone bought the blue CC from Walmart that I left on Monday and that's the only single carded figure that's moved besides what I bought.  A few of the Alpha motorcycles have sold but that's it.

Target sold Zartan and one other figure, one of the dupes of 'Block, Snake or Storm...I didn't look closely enough to see which.  I think someone bought a Bravo vehicle and that's all that's moved there besides what I bought.

This is the off season for toy buying here, though.  The two colleges just finished so those students are gone, not everyone is back from other schools and other than this past weekend, the summer people aren't here yet. 

If even the other local Joe collectors haven't bit on these yet, unless someone does some speculating, the stuff is gonna rot without a film to back it.  But another down side to that is when this stuff does shift, whether or not that's at full retail or discount, I don't think buyers are not going to be that interested when it all makes a come back in 9 months.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: June 1, 2012, 02:47 AM »
Saw Blue CC at K-Mart...  Not sure if that's of interest, but it's what I saw.  Same price as basically everywhere else too which is good, but bad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 1, 2012, 08:00 AM »
I saw all these at a local hardware store that carries toys but no one buys anything from.  This is the place were I found a Renegades Storm Shadow for $10 a few weeks ago for Mikey.  They had the blue CC but prices are up to $11.  Insane.  I'm sure most of this stuff will be hanging around until the movie actually hits.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 1, 2012, 08:50 AM »
Joes are quickly disappearing at the Targets, Wal-Marts, and K-Marts around me. SS, Roadblock, and SE are the only easy figures to find. Dojo sets, Red Ninjas, and Joe Troopers are non-existant. Alpha and Bravo vehicles seem to be the slowest sellers, and everything else just appears to be uncommon.

Anyway, below is a pic of my current Retaliation collection. I told myself "No vehicles until March!" but I caved on the Fang Boat yesterday. This is my first Sting Raider/Water Mocassin, and I am very happy to have it. It's a very cool vehicle, and I can't believe I waited this long to get one.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 3, 2012, 02:56 PM »
Picked up the two three packs, which are really outstanding values.  I prefer both the Snake Eyes and the Storm Shadow from the set to the single carded releases, and both of the three packs come with a ****load of weapons and accessories.  The Kamakura and the Beachhead are both great.

Passed on the Fang Boat, just because I can't stand that big honking gun off to the side.  I wish they'd included a regular cannon so you could switch it out, in that case it would have been an easy two for me.

I've gotten everything I want (more than that, actually; wish I hadn't bothered with the single carded Snake Eyes or Zartan) except a blue CC, but if I never get one, I won't really care. 

Since I don't have any Dollar Generals around me, I guess I'm done with Joes until March of next year.  Way to go, Hasblow.  ::)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 3, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Does anyone have both a Duke and Joe trooper from this and would be willing to do a head swap (if they can) and take a pic?  Preferably putting the trooper helmet head on the Duke body and Tatum's head on the trooper body.  You can take the web gear off the trooper if you think it looks good.

I was just wondering how this would look since I hate the Duke body - and I thought it would add some variety to the Joe troopers and that Duke would look better as well.