Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!  (Read 102155 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Toys!
« Reply #165 on: June 3, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Does anyone have both a Duke and Joe trooper from this and would be willing to do a head swap (if they can) and take a pic?  Preferably putting the trooper helmet head on the Duke body and Tatum's head on the trooper body.  You can take the web gear off the trooper if you think it looks good.

I was just wondering how this would look since I hate the Duke body - and I thought it would add some variety to the Joe troopers and that Duke would look better as well.

Here you go shmash:

Duke's head seems to sit a little low on the Joe Trooper body, and the Joe Trooper's helmet sits high on the Duke body. Removing and swapping the scarf might fix those issues.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: June 3, 2012, 04:09 PM »
I got my brother

-Zartan
-Cobra Trooper
-CC Blue
-Joe Trooper
-1 of each 3-pack

That's all he wanted.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #167 on: June 3, 2012, 07:09 PM »
I ended up buying way more of this line than I initially intended. I think I have everything available right now except Duke, the Ghost Hawk, Snake Eyes w/ cycle, blue CC, blue cape Joe Trooper, and of course the roleplay stuff and the Action Battlers.

It's a pretty decent line overall, and it's certainly not overstocked. I'd love to get a couple more Red Ninja and Joe Troopers. The only thing I'm really disappointed in is the Firefly Wheel Blaster Bike. I should have known better, but I really wanted a movie Firefly before next year. He looks absolutely terrible off the bike, much like the old POTF2 Biker Scout.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 4, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Thanks a lot Greg!  That actually does look pretty good imo.  I think there is something to work it there...

I have a Duke already, I just haven't opened him yet as I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it, but I think I will now.  I also have now picked up my 3rd Joe trooper so I have the spare body to work with.  I don't recall, but it sounds like the scarf is removable.  All 3 of my joe troopers are the brown cape version.

interesting....

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 4, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Thanks a lot Greg!  That actually does look pretty good imo.  I think there is something to work it there...

I have a Duke already, I just haven't opened him yet as I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it, but I think I will now.  I also have now picked up my 3rd Joe trooper so I have the spare body to work with.  I don't recall, but it sounds like the scarf is removable.  All 3 of my joe troopers are the brown cape version.

interesting....

No problem! The scarf is glued in place, but it is a separate piece. Some boiling water and/or careful knife work might be enough to get it free. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 4, 2012, 03:46 PM »
So what's up with that blue/black CC ?  I stopped by a WM last week and they had black which is what I got from Target.  Is it TRU I need to go to get one in the blue flavor ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: June 4, 2012, 04:32 PM »
K-Mart had blue as well.  I'm thinkingi t might be random.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 4, 2012, 06:15 PM »
I think it's totally random, it's just that it was mostly WM/Blue, Target/Black to start with. I did wonder for a minute if it was a blue vs red type thing that we've seen between WM and Target before, but pretty quickly dismissed that.  Plus, as mentioned, TRU and KMart are getting both.

I'd be interested to see a comparison between the dates on the cardbacks from a blue to black.  I wonder if they produced equal amounts or if they switched over manufacturing at some point to get to the other color.  Same with the Joe Trooper.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 5, 2012, 09:37 PM »
I was shocked this evening when I saw that a Retaliation endcap had been set up at Target. I guess they didn't get the memo that the movie was delayed. I happily picked up another Joe Trooper and Red Ninja.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 6, 2012, 02:20 AM »
I didn't see an end cap but my Target did put up another case of wave 1.  I thought I missed out on the Joe Trooper but after looking over the aisle a little, found the Trooper along with the Cobra Trooper and CC (black) on the bottom shelf behind a couple of Darth Maul masks.

Bought the Joe Trooper and put the rest back on the pegs.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 6, 2012, 10:08 AM »
Anyone test out the parachute yet with the Cobra Trooper?  A local on HISS works on cell phone towers was going toss his off a tower, but haven't heard back.

K-Mart had blue as well.  I'm thinkingi t might be random.

I stopped yesterday and they had one....guess i just didn't want it though, but thanks for the info.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 6, 2012, 10:35 AM »
iv ebeen tossing my cobra trooper up in teh house, teh chute works pretty well, works on other figures as well

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 6, 2012, 12:29 PM »
Anyone test out the parachute yet with the Cobra Trooper?  A local on HISS works on cell phone towers was going toss his off a tower, but haven't heard back.

I have dropped the trooper (with parachute) from the 2nd floor balcony in my house. It works well which surprised me. I think it would work even better if I were higher up. I'm hesitant to bring it outside since I could imagine a nice gust of wind taking the figure away.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 6, 2012, 11:17 PM »
I tossed mine from the second floor balcony. It really wasn't high enough, but I'm not going outside to try it for fear of someone seeing me do it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 6, 2012, 11:35 PM »
The Retaliation CC figure is great and all, but I really hope we get a movie accurate one like this: