Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Super Hero / Comic Book TV Development

(1/18) > >>

BillCable:
New characters from the Smallville Justice League TV movie

I gotta say, compared to previous Smallville characters, these ones look particularly faithful to their comic book counterparts.

Jeff:
Young Justice coming to Cartoon Network

It looks more like the Geoff Johns' "Teen Titans" line-up to me, but I understand calling them "Young Justice" in order to avoid confusion with the most recent Teen Titans cartoon they had.

Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash = excellent.  Weird to see Miss Martian, 'Aqualad', and Arrowette 'Artemis' mixed in there.  I would have much rather they ditched Artemis for Wonder Girl or at least just left her as Arrowette.  Eh, I'll still watch it though. :)

Brian:

--- Quote from: Jeff on April 21, 2010, 05:08 PM ---Young Justice coming to Cartoon Network

It looks more like the Geoff Johns' "Teen Titans" line-up to me, but I understand calling them "Young Justice" in order to avoid confusion with the most recent Teen Titans cartoon they had.

Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash = excellent.  Weird to see Miss Martian, 'Aqualad', and Arrowette 'Artemis' mixed in there.  I would have much rather they ditched Artemis for Wonder Girl or at least just left her as Arrowette.  Eh, I'll still watch it though. :)

--- End quote ---

I saw that this morning too, kind of jazzed to check it out this Fall.  As you mentioned, it reminded me of Johns' Teen Titans as well (the last time I really enjoyed that book actually)...but the lineup doesn't look too bad.  I would have rather seen Wonder Girl included as well, but maybe they will expand the lineup as it goes on.  I always thought the Titans (or in this case Young Justice) franchise had a lot of potential for animation and live action movies, if they went the right way with things.  I'll watch it as well, as I'm usually a sucker for superhero cartoons.  Plus, our daughter loves watching them, so that works out well.

Speaking of which, I don't know if anyone else here watches much 'toons anymore, but it sounds like both Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men are ending.  The first because of the whole Sony/Disney changes with the property (and being replaced by an Ultimate Spidey toon in fall of 2011) and the second because of "costing concerns" or something.  I liked both quite a bit (Spectacular Spidey especially), so its a bummer to see those ending.  But, on the other side of things, sounds like we have this Young Justice and also a new Avengers cartoon both on the way this Fall (along with more Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Super Hero Squad).

Phrubruh:
From what I've been hearing, next year Disney XD will be renamed the Marvel Channel.

McMetal:
Ruh-roh!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/01/nbc-reduces-cape-order/?hpt=Sbin

Bad news for CAPE fans...NBC reduced its initial order from 13 to 10 episodes, on the heels of its worst ratings yet.

Next to the dreaded "vote of confidence" by ownership this is the closest thing to a Kiss of Death.

I'll miss it a little. But if it helps bring back The Event sooner, that will ease the pain.

Summer Glau's TV track record remains intact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version