Author Topic: Chronicles of Narnia  (Read 28250 times)

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of Narnia
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2008, 11:50 AM »
I saw Narnia:Prince Caspian. I thought it was good. Not as good as Iron Man. But still an enjoyable movie. Plenty of battle scenes and stuff.  We will have to wait and see how well the movie does. The three part threes from last summer were all released in May and all hit $300 million, so it has a chance. But the one I am looking forward to is Indy.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2008, 12:20 PM »
As part of the billion dollar Disney's California Adventure makeover, the Muppet*Vision 3D show will be replaced with a 3D movie based on the Chronicles of Narnia.  See below for the link.

Remember that "Mickey's PhilharMagic" attraction that was supposed to appear where the Muppets are now? The size of the building and the retrofitting cost of it killed that, but what winds up there might please many a Disney fan... and many a C.S. Lewis fan. Yep. That's right. The attraction taking the place of Kermit and Miss Piggy is going to be based on the world of Narnia and it'll be in 3D. The Imagineers are focusing on creating a narrative that wraps the guest in the world of Aslan... it should be pretty nice, I'm just not a fan of wearing glasses for every ride.

Blue sky buzz
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:21 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I think they might have been better off releasing this (Prince Caspian) in December, like the previous Narnia movie.  That one did just fine in that time frame, and the competition isn't nearly as bad that time of year.

December would have worked especially now that Star Trek has been bumped into 2009.  Besides, then all the Christians could hold it up against the new Harry Potter.   :P

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Saw it tonight with the fam.  Good movie..bad acting...actually Peter Dinklage stole the show as the dwarf Trumpkin.  He gave a great performance.

I don't know what it is about the Narnia flicks...They are entertaining to me, I enjoy them, they are impressive, but tehy just lack a certain energy...I just don't get excited watching them.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2008, 01:40 PM »
  Besides, then all the Christians could hold it up against the new Harry Potter.   :P

E...

I resent that >:(
Not all christians think its bad. The christians who think harry potter is evil shouldn't even let there children watch disney because theres magic in every single classic one. Please don't lump us all into one group.

I'll probably go see it tomorrow afternoon. I have family in town right now, or I would have watched it Friday night.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2008, 09:07 PM »
  Besides, then all the Christians could hold it up against the new Harry Potter.   :P

E...

I resent that >:(

I agree, my famliy enjoys both franchises for what they are, I didn't know you have to like them exclusive of each other...

We went to see Narnia this afternoon.  It was a good movie and I'm glad we caught it on the big screen as oppossed to waiting for DVD.  I did like the first one better, but this one is good.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2008, 11:01 PM »
I went and saw it on friday and thought it was a little better then the first film as far as action goes.  I will probably see it again with my family who haven't seen it yet. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2008, 11:53 AM »
TRU has a buy 2 get the third free offer on these figures if anyone's interested.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Saw this yesterday. A fairly decent fantasy-action movie, just didn't get me too excited though. Iron Man is still tops as far as 2008 summer movies go.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2008, 06:14 PM »
Prince Caspin makes a great Darth Caedus (Jacen Solo) from Star Wars Legacy Novel Series.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I didn't see this mentioned yet:

Disney Ditches Narnia

From the article, it sounds like Disney has pulled the plug on "Voyage of the Dawn Treader".  Its possible that another studio could pick up the franchise, although that hasn't happened yet.  Kind of disappointing, although the recent "Prince Caspian" didn't do nearly the business that "Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe" did.  We finally got a chance to see Caspian when the DVD was released, and although I enjoyed the first one quite a bit more, it was still pretty good.  This is one franchise I think might have been better served leaving it in the winter months, around Christmas, like the first one was.  Studios seem to want to move these movies to the summer for the big blockbuster times, but the competition is getting stiff there, and I think movies like Narnia might be better suited for a holiday release.  Heck, even though all the movies do great regardless of release, I sort of liked the Potter movies that time of year as well.  I don't know why, they just seemed like "winter movies" to me.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2008, 01:16 PM »
Per Blue Sky Disney:

BlueSky Disney

Also, over in Hollywoodland(now known as Hollywood Backlot), the plans for the Muppets redo are still in flux as they decide if they're going forward with the Narnia retheme. The box office numbers were less than what the Mouse expected and it's not known if this or another planned attraction will move into the Muppets old home. Something will go there, but it may not be C.S. Lewis' children's fairytale.

And then this...

Wow, no sooner than I mention that the Narnia makeover of the Muppets building at DCA is in jeopardy we get this news...

Walt Disney Pictures has decided not to pursue its option for the third Narnia film. This doesn't mean it won't happen, but Walden Media will have to find another partner. So the film may still come out, but it won't be a Disney picture.

Developing...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2008, 05:01 PM »
Brian, I think you hit the nail on the head with the lack of success of Prince Caspian, compared to The Lion, The Witch and the Wardobe is because they released it in summer as compared to Christmas.  Way too much competition with the summer blockbusters like Iron Man.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2008, 08:01 PM »
Who would have thought that Batman would suck all the air out of the room last summer. No way would Caspian make any money. I guess its all for the best. Those kids are way too old for the roles now.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2009, 12:35 AM »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)