Author Topic: Chronicles of Narnia  (Read 28251 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of Narnia
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2010, 10:38 AM »
A few clips from the upcoming "Voyage of the Dawn Treader", coming in December.  Also, if you haven't seen it, the trailer was released a little while back as well.  Honestly, I haven't read this book yet, although I always intended to get to the entire series.  I loved "the Lion..." movie, and thought Prince Caspian was ok, but not sure if we'll catch this one in theaters or not yet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 9, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Full Trailer for "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" is up.  I have to admit, I haven't really read the books beyond "The Lion..." (and checked out Caspian prior to that movie), but it is amazing to me how much steam this movie franchise has lost since "The Lion...".  That movie was huge that year, and it seems like after Caspian bombed not many care about this franchise anymore.  Maybe the box office will prove me wrong, I know I'm still interested in seeing it (although I may end up waiting for the DVD release like Caspian, since it is tougher to get to a lot of movies in the theater these days).  I suppose I should check out the book in the meantime.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 9, 2010, 07:53 PM »
It feels like that movie was already released. It would sure piss off Disney if that movie did better than Tron.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2010, 12:15 AM »
"Dawn Treader" is one of my favorite books from that series so I'm kind of hoping the movie is good.  I still haven't seen "Caspian" even though I also liked that book.

After "Lion" and the two mentioned, I didn't like the rest of the series as much, although "The Horse and His Boy" isn't completely terrible.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"