Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 115061 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 11:12 AM »
Yeah that's going to be a tough one to move at that price - especially for the casual collectors/parents.  Wasn't the BMF somewhere in that price range?  This is not a Millenium Falcon. 

Honestly though I'll still buy one - at full price if I have to, but will hold out for a sale as always.  I don't collect much SW stuff anymore, but it's nice to have 1 large vehicle to look foward to each year.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 11:17 AM »
That makes it $150 at TRU. Too rich for my blood.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 11:59 AM »
This is the coolest thing in the line since the Turbo Tank, so there's no way I'm not going to support it.   

Especially considering how much I've spent over the years, the fact that it's going to be $130 and not $100 isn't going to break the deal for me.  I'll just eat lunch at my desk a few times one week, which makes up the difference. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 02:18 PM »
The price isn't unexpected I guess, but it will be interesting to see how this thing moves.  Like it was mentioned, the Falcon (which is iconic even to non fans) was just a little bit more than this originally ($150 I think?), and it didn't always move the best.  The AT-AT even sat somewhat, and it was probably the most popular offering in the big vehicle line (or the AT-TE).  I think many will wait for a sale/clearance on this at that price, and I might do that too.  It all depends on the timing of the release (and what I have budget wise), because I do like to support stuff like this so we see more of it later.  Come to think of it though, all of these BMF vehicles have hit clearance at least in some capacity haven't they?

It is interesting to think about what could come about down the road.  There may not be a lot of good options from the prequels that haven't already been done (Turbo Tank, AT-TE, Slave I, etc.) so maybe we'll just see re-releases of that type of stuff.  The Tantive would be very cool, and I do think we'll see that ESB repaint of the Slave I at some point during these releases as well.  Might be a shot at some sort of Death Star during ANH, since we know they've at least had plans for it along the way (and this may well be their last shot at putting it out).  Sail Barge for ROTJ would be a nice way to cap off the big vehicles, if that is the big SW send-off down the road.  I agree though, I do like having the one "big" item to look forward to each year in the SW line.  I haven't bought them all, but I like that the line has had them each year.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 03:25 PM »
how crazy would it be if this has been that well hidden by Hasbro and we see it at retail in a few weeks?  possible?

I just figure they would want this on the sales floor with the movie being in theaters and all.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 03:40 PM »
It's already in Target's computers.....Pic taken from Jay @ Yak..or Jay @ JD   :)

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MTT_DPCI1.jpg
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 05:07 PM »
yeah I saw that - that is what made me start wondering    :)

that would be really cool

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Yeah I've not bought anything for full price in the "big" series since the AT-TE so I'm not going to with this either, especially at any kind of price-hike.  I'd do without it ultimately, first.  It's neat, but not a necessity to me even at $100.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 09:00 PM »
Oooooooh.  Crap.  $130.   Mmm I will still buy one of these MTT's at $130 but it better be very big.  And then I will buy another one or two if they go on clearance.  The first one I will buy at $130 because with these things you never know when they will get to be HTF these days.  The prices for the AT-TE on eBay are pretty high.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Might have to unload an extra AT-TE if that's the case, haha.  I have a ton.

The rumors were saying 3 feet but by my eye that is 3 feet with the rack extended and I'd guess 2 feet (about the size of teh AT-TE) closed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Might have to unload an extra AT-TE if that's the case, haha.  I have a ton.

I have to ask how many AT-TEs constitute a ton.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 09:17 PM »
4 or 5 I think?  I might've traded 1 or 2 now that I think of it, but yeah...  I kinda went batty there.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2012, 12:06 AM »
4 or 5 I think?  I might've traded 1 or 2 now that I think of it, but yeah...  I kinda went batty there.

That's one I wanted, but decided to get the Falcon instead.  I'm hoping for a re-release next year.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2012, 10:11 AM »

Batty? That boarders on mental illness.  :P
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 01:18 PM »

Batty? That boarders on mental illness.  :P

I had plans...  still do, but yeah, i had plans.