Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 115050 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2012, 11:41 PM »
I disagree on that...  I think price hurts it far more.  I've seen every vintage wave, multiple times, just as I have in every year prior, and while some were harder to get (a lot harder) Hasbro is bringing many of those back out to retail this year.

Must be nice, because I have not seen the last four waves.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2012, 09:18 AM »
$159.99...ouch. Yeah, this is one that I will be waiting on the sidelines for when it goes on sale. This is the first time I am doing this. I regret jumping too quickly on the Attack shuttle. This thing is DOA, that's my gut feeling. I hate to say it and I hate to see it but this is a clear case of "I told you so."
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2012, 09:27 AM »
I almost forgot about this. Thought it got cancelled.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2012, 09:54 AM »
I thought this turd was supposed to be $130-$140?  Ouch indeed....Oh well - at least we got some nice larger vehicles before they decided to kill any chance of new ones being made.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2012, 10:16 AM »
I disagree on that...  I think price hurts it far more.  I've seen every vintage wave, multiple times, just as I have in every year prior, and while some were harder to get (a lot harder) Hasbro is bringing many of those back out to retail this year.

Must be nice, because I have not seen the last four waves.

I have to agree. The stores around here are still full of the first bloody wave of TPM crap. I have not seen the deleted scene wave or anything. Its not like I havn't looked either. They were just never there. Also the price is a huge turn off for me. There is no way I'm buying from a online source and paying three dollars more than retail. Retail is expensive enough. Besides, I only want certain things but I haven't even seen the things I don't want.

This MTT is going to be a floater. It's too expensive and takes up too much space. I still see the y-wings at TRU that aren't going anywhere. I also see b-wings marked down that still won't go anywhere.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2012, 10:28 AM »
That price would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.

"Let's release $160 toy in the middle of summer with no media support...it should sell fantastically!"

Yeah, good luck with that.

People who wanted the sail barge should be PISSED. Because after this debacle, there is NO WAY they are making that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2012, 10:38 AM »
This deal is getting worse all the time.

The deployable droids have stands  permenantly attached to their feet...blech. And no backpacks. Suprisingly their guns aren't molded on their hands.

From Jedi Temple Archives:

The battledroids: 16 pcs. stationary ones without backpacks and 4 "pilot battle droids" with backpacks. The other 4 stationary droids are with Obi-Wan in the box window. Speaking about Obi-Wan, he is the Ep.1 version Obi-Wan without the soft goods tunic from 1999 replaced with plastic. His head still comes with the soft braid. He has no wrist articulation. The bottom of the feet has the 1999 stamp on it.

The 4 battle droids are newly made. The backpacks are molded together to the body. These droids only have 5 points of articulation, just like a potf2 figure would have. The 20 other battle droids all have molded bases (makes it easy to stand) bear 2011 LFL stamp markings. The biggest surprise for me is that they have only 1 point of articulation LOL. Only the right arm can move. The left hand is molded to the hip.

That's right the pilot droids suck, too.

Really for $160, all the droids should be at least 5 points of articulation.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2012, 11:28 AM »
What I don't understand is why they arn't folded up. That how they were stored in the movie. They weren't standing.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Wow, after home runs on the BMF and AT-AT, this abortion ought to put the final nails in the large vehicle coffin built by the Attack Shuttle. With all the iconic vehicles screaming for the large scale treatment, Hasbro comes up with this? Who really wanted an MTT, much less one that sucks this bad? And for $160? I wouldn't pay $30.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2012, 12:52 PM »
I agree this could be the death of BMF's, this thing will make the Sailbarge truly sail away.
EP1 still sucks as a movie and at retail. After 12yrs EP1 product has not lost its mojo as a king of pegwarmer product. This big brown turd will be the Queen's Royal Starship 2.0.

It's amazing how bad Hasbro has botched so many aspects of this line up. Any experienced SW collector (10+yrs) could have made logical and kid friendly picks betters than Hasbro could have. I give them a pass on the price increase and tough retail enviornment but the latter should have made them more cautious.

I will still buy one of these to support th eline but it has to be a fair deal. This space taker is the only hope of every getting a Sailbarge and it looks less likley.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2012, 01:24 PM »
This should have been just a carrying case for about $30.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2012, 03:20 PM »
GREAT NEWS! BBTS has it for $149.99!  :P
The most I will pay is $100.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2012, 04:16 PM »
Plus $15.00 shipping and an unknown amount of tax. I think online retail should be less not more. That is the whole reason we shop at Amazon.com verses brick and morter stores.

Star Wars is the other way around. Online stores charge more than retail because retail never has the product.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:17 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2012, 04:29 PM »
The most I will pay is $100.

$100 would have been just right for this. As it is now I'll be waiting for sales or clearance. This looks overpriced, and Hasbro appears to be shooting themselves in the foot. (or at least shooting the big vehicle line in the head)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2012, 05:18 PM »
$100 sounds about right, and I'm expecting we'll see some sales in the ballpark of that, maybe $10 more. 

This is the weakest of the "Big Ones" for sure (not counting the Attack Shuttle), but I still think it's awesome that we're getting it.  So, screw it.  I'm in for one at full price.