Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 115113 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2012, 02:49 PM »
I can...  So blurt it out. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2012, 11:38 AM »
I painted mine blue

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2012, 11:59 AM »
I painted mine blue

Ouch.  How much did you pay for it?  I'm sure it looks even cooler than the brown, but I would have a tough time customizing an expensive vehicle like that unless I had a spare.  You should post some pics!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2012, 04:35 PM »
yeah I know man

But what I did was took all of the parts that you have to put on it to assemble it, taped off some places I wanted to leave brown , took off the Canopy and the rear hatch and did it in a blue/ grey CIS livery.
I will post pics sometime, I havnt taken any pics yet.
Im also not the best customizer on the planet but its came out ok except one lil spot where I tried some fancy taping on the canopy to add a grey stripe down the middle so I fixed the fudged part with a "blaster mark"

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2012, 04:39 PM »
...they were gifts

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2012, 11:55 PM »
Target is definitely carrying the MTT.  It's In-Stock at Target.com right now and it has an active DPCI - 087-06-0846 Star Wars Droid Carrier Vehicle $129.99

The last batch of Target intel* said this would be a holiday endcap item and not every store would be getting them.  If you want to know if your store will be carrying it, jump on that Target link above and click the "find in store" button.   "Out of Stock" means it's coming to your store eventually; "not sold at this store" means it's not going to be sold there (duh :P).

* this was as of Celebration VI - plans can and do change I suppose...

An update on Target and the MTT -

We got the Target 2012 Top Toys Catalog in the mail this weekend.  On page 38, it shows the MTT for $124.99 (with the $5 off coupon in the catalog) and specifically says ONLINE ONLY.

Also, if you check out the Target.com link that I referenced above, you will now see that it clearly says "not sold in stores" and no longer has the "find in store" search feature enabled.

I'm guessing both of those are pretty strong signs that Target has decided to dump their plans for a special endcap for this thing...  I have a few emails out to some Target contacts, we'll see if someone can verify that change.    :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2012, 12:27 AM »
Probably a good idea on their part. :)

Wal-Mart has had it out for a while, TRU will obvioulsy have theirs for a while unless by some miracle it's the hot toy of the season because it's not as widely available as past BFVehicles...  Which I doubt.

Interesting news though Jeff.  I find it kind of neat to witness it flailing about in Target's system.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2012, 09:18 AM »
Guess that means we won't see these on clearance then...bummer.  I've seen these start to pile up above the AF section at TRU but still nothing at the WM.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2012, 03:11 PM »
There's always Amazon I guess, if they have it.  Got my Rep Shuttle so cheap off them, plus free shipping, that I couldn't resist.  It was cheaper than a Class 2 vehicle at the time, right to my door free.

Plus WM clearances stuff (Got AT-TE clearenced there), and TRU may be forced to, to put out more silliness.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2012, 09:38 PM »
The Wal-Mart by my house has 12 of these.  I know they've sold at least 4 before they got in a big shipment.  I doubt these 12 will all sell at full price.  I'll keep an eye out after Christmas for them marked down.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2012, 10:29 AM »
tw....
twelve!?!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2012, 03:50 PM »
Mine doesn't have 12 on the floor, but they have a lot.  So does my secondary WM, and one I don't get to often that I was at the other day.  They all had at least 4 except my primary store DID sell 1 it seems.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 1, 2012, 09:36 AM »
Just noticed Amazon sold out of these at the $129 price.  They are still available on Amazon but sold via BBTS and they are more expensive.

Just throwing this out there for those of you, like me, who are hoping Amazon gets a ton of these in stock and then slashes the crap out of the price as a "gold box deal" or whatever.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 1, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Scare tactic?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 4, 2012, 12:17 AM »
tw....
twelve!?!?

Yep... and as of today, from the display that had 12, they are down to 6-7.  This display is in a high traffic part of the store, which has to help.  My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw they had sold a few more.  I walked around checking to see if they had moved some to a different area for more exposure, but it doesn't look to be the case.