Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2012 Discussion  (Read 46815 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Defender Wishlists 2012 Discussion
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Do you have a comparison shot of those guys? How is the head different?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2012, 06:27 PM »
Their mouths are different. And Jill has a more pointed "chin".

Although now that I really look at it, I think Kcaj's mouth is just closed.

Also Kcaj is wearing a dark undershirt.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Are all of the people who wanted Coleman Kcaj OK with Pablo Jill and calling it good or do you really want the holo version?

The purist in me wants two seperate figures.  I have a stronger recollection of seeing the hologram of Coleman Kcaj, but apparently there is a shot of him within the Council chambers.  But the realist in me says that the likelihood of us getting two distinct Ongree Jedi is kind of slim.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Ok I'm axing Kcaj from the list.  Btw...Prequel Jedi continuity is one of the stupidest things ever

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Ok I'm axing Kcaj from the list.  Btw...Prequel Jedi continuity is one of the stupidest things ever

Agreed.  All of the issues surrounding Eeth Koth / Agen Kolar and Adi Gallia / Stass Allie were pretty ridiculous.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2012, 08:33 PM »
Also Kcaj is wearing a dark undershirt.

Or Jill changed shirts in 3 years.  :-X

PT Jedi are indeed a mess...  cluster-f from start to finish.  I would be quite content with one and done here.  I see honestly no discernable difference in those pictures.  It's like Kithaba and Barada...  If these guys were not wearing different clothes you'd think they're the same guy.  Since the Jedi pretty much are, I'm fine with this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2012, 08:57 PM »
I don't understand this one because there was no actor change...it's just CGI, right?

So what happened to Kcaj...I'm off to wooookiepedia...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2012, 10:00 PM »
It started in TPM where they had stand ins on Naboo for the Jedi Council...does fake Mace Windu have a name...oh wait I got it Uriah Ttocs

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2012, 11:42 PM »
Yeah, but aside from the lousy Sam Jackson stand in, the Jedi continuity is all the fault of fans who have no imagination.  The way I remember it was that fans noticed that the exact same actors/actresses had not played the same character (defined by costume) and started whining.  For instance, Adi Gallia (sp?) was in TPM, then another actress whole looked almost the same played her in AOTC.  But since it wasn't the same actress, people started complaining.

It this sort of tight ass rigidity that I dislike in many fans.  They would rather have continuity, as opposed to, say an actress who is better with a lightsaber than the previous one who played they same roll.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2012, 08:50 AM »
The continuity is indeed a mess. With Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar and Stass Allie/Adi Gallia it was just a simple matter of having British extras for TPM and then hiring similar-looking but of course, not exact Australian extras for AOTC which was a cheaper alternative than flying someone from the UK and probably having to pay them more $$$ just to be a glorified extra.

With Pablo Jill/Coleman Kcaj - the problem as I always understood it was that the books folks essentially killed off Jill in Labyrinth of Evil - the prequel book to EP3 and yet there was the exact same computer model sitting in a Jedi Council seat. Whoops! What to do? Give this guy a different name, lame back story and you're good to go!

*sigh*

I know it was over in the Clone Wars threads - but considering the Star Wars saga is always criticized for having characters that exist solely for the production of action figures, funny thing here is that Lucas WAS trying to maintain some level of consistency and familiarity with Jedi seen in the council when instead he could have just as easily, made up new designs/names/etc... and made it so that the Jedi Council in TPM looked nothing like the Jedi Council in AOTC except for the presence of Mace and Yoda - ten years had passed afterall, and it would mean the potential for 10 entirely new Jedi action figures for each of the three prequel trilogy movies - especially since you could always justify changes in the Jedi Council between AOTC and ROTS as changes due to the Jedi dying.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Since the movies don't challenge it, I'm just going to say that Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth and Pablo Jill were the same people from start to finish. At least they are in my mind.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2012, 09:24 AM »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Caption: "I'm tired of these banthafoddin' fakes in this banthafoddin' parade!"

Oddly, I looked up Coleman Kcaj, his fate after ROTS is unknown...I find this hard to believe. Shouldn't he have an elaborate EU story?  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22 AM »
The four figures replacing announced SDCC figures

TPM:  Captain Tarpals replaces R5-X2
AOTC: Boba Fett and Gilramos Libkath replace Pablo Jill and Jocasta Nu (Padme Arena was actually #11)
ROTS: Padme Funeral replaces Coleman Kcaj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Agreed with everyone else about the Jedi ridiculousness in the PT.  I like to think they are the same ones all the way through too, instead of different Jedi that happen to look pretty much exactly the same.  I miss the simpler days, when we could just have Cantina aliens named "Hammerhead" and "Walrusman" and not complain about it, now every little detail/name/etc. has to be revised and set in stone.