Author Topic: Do you find it impossible?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Do you find it impossible?
« on: November 17, 2010, 04:07 AM »
When I watch star wars movies, at the back of mind, I'm always thinking about figures that I'd like them to make. Do you guys find it possible to watch the movies and not do this?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Do you find it impossible?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:18 PM »
When I was customizing figures, I would always look for new designs to make doing that. Now that I don't do that anymore, I really don't notice.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 04:21 PM »
Can't say in truth I find it impossible cause despite having seen the whole saga many many times,there's times where my mind is simply "in" that galaxy following the other multi-layered angles of it all.

But yes this thought does occur from time to time during viewing.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 07:11 PM »
Funny, in all the times I've watched Star Wars I've never thought about the figures that should/could be made based on what I'm seeing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:06 PM »
When I was younger, but that was also when the modern line hadn't already made almost everyone. :)  The older I am, and the longer the modern line has gone on, the less I've done that for sure.  Now to the point I simply don't.  They've done just about everything at this point.

Now, every time I scan my figure shelves, I see tons of figures I want re-done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 08:12 PM »
I do find myself constantly scanning the backgrounds for new/interesting characters that would make good figures. 

There are a lot of cool spacer types in the streets of Mos Espa in TPM.  Like Rum Sleg, they'd make great figures.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59 AM »
It's not just Star Wars for me, almost every movie I watch (and enjoy) i think of this.  They are always 1:18 scale too.  And compatible with current Star Wars figs.

In Star Wars it is usually random Military variations (which Hasbro takes care of sometimes like that new RFT).

I can't say i have ever seen a cantina alien or jabba goon (that was not human) that i had any interest in though, usually i see those characters and say to myself " they will make that useless 3 frames of film background alien before we get a decent Death Star Detention guard or Imperial Officer. ".