Author Topic: Worst CD you Bought...And Still Own  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Worst CD you Bought...And Still Own
« on: August 4, 2003, 04:08 PM »
WHilst chatting with a friend the other night we were reminiscing of unfortunate CD purchases of the past 10-12 years and I amazed at some of the crap I still have in ye olde collection

Something I bought, listened to one time, thought, wowza that sucked and put it away.  The sad thing is, it is still sitting there.  Not thrown away, sold at a garage sale or given to charity.  It sits there mocking you, saying nah nah nah nah nah, you spent $12 on me!

My nomination.

Chris Cornell's solo CD, Euphoria Morning...I loved Soundgarden, geniunely liked his stuff on the Singles soundtrack, think Audioslave is pretty cool.  This CD however absolutely sucks...it blows chunks, and I still have  ::) :-*

Say what you will about it but...ick

Virex

Re: Worst CD you Bought...And Still Own
« Reply #1 on: August 4, 2003, 04:14 PM »
Well the worst CD I own is Duff McKagan's landmark solo album from 1993, "Believe in Me", but since I didn't buy it--I won it--technically, it doesn't apply here, so I'll say:

One of the first five or ten CDs I bought after I got my first CD player for Christmas 1991.  Bought it at the same time I bought my second copy of "Appetite For Destruction", which led to a smart-ass comment by the record-store clerk.

Oh well.  I don't know why I bought it in the first place, and I think the only reason I still have it is because I always thought she looked fairly hot in a photo in the inner-booklet.

I love you, Paula.

« Last Edit: August 4, 2003, 04:15 PM by Virex »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 4, 2003, 05:15 PM »
Duff would have won...but I tossed hm a while ago.

[imghttp://www.mygnr.com/loaded/images/DUFF_BELIEVE_IN_ME.jpg[/img]

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3 on: August 4, 2003, 05:30 PM »
Oh my god, I can't believe you put Paul Abdul's Forever your girl up there. That was a great CD in it's time. Like 6 or 7 singles.....the rest of the songs weren't bad.

Sure it's dated, but back in the day...it was excellent.  Straight up, Forever Your Girl, Opposites Attract, Cold hearted snake....come on man. That album was so good they put out a crappy REMIX album of all the songs on it.

Hehehe.

Anyway, The worst CD I ever paid for would have to be:  

Will Smith: Willennium.

Yes, I got it from Columbia House. I had bought every "Fresh Prince" CD before that, and always liked them (Even Code Red).....but I have had a little trouble adjusting to the Will Smith era.

Sure, "Big Willie Style" had such hits as Miami, Just the Two of Us,  the stupid Men in Black song and of course who could forget Getting Jiggy With It.....but something just wasn't right. He just wasn't "Fresh" anymore...and where was Jazzy Jeff???

SO, with Willennium, I bought it out of loyalty to my childhood, but alas...it was total crap.  That's the end of the Fresh Prince. Will Smith killed him.

I'm not even going to LISTEN to (let alone THINK about buying) his last one...."Born to Reign".

Got Clones?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 4, 2003, 08:24 PM »
What do you know, I come online tonight to enter my CDs into guzzlefish and I find this thread.  Looking through my list, I have some bad ones, but nothing beats Slaughter's Stick it to Ya.  Bought from BMG during my hair band liking days.  Don't get me wrong, some hair bands I can still listen to - Motley Crue, Whitesnake (maybe its the image of Tawny Kitaen sliding around on the hood of a car), etc., but I actually think I've listened to that CD less than three times.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 4, 2003, 09:33 PM »
What can I say, it was great for the winding up the little league teams...

Beth

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: August 4, 2003, 10:31 PM »
Chris Cornell's solo CD, Euphoria Morning...

I think it's funny that he did a song like "Sunshower" for the "Great Expectations" soundtrack, and put a bunch of garbage on his own disc.

Virex

« Reply #7 on: August 4, 2003, 10:44 PM »
Oh my god, I can't believe you put Paul Abdul's Forever your girl up there. That was a great CD in it's time. Like 6 or 7 singles.....the rest of the songs weren't bad.

Sure it's dated, but back in the day...it was excellent.  Straight up, Forever Your Girl, Opposites Attract, Cold hearted snake....come on man. That album was so good they put out a crappy REMIX album of all the songs on it.

All right, all right, point taken.  For what it was, at the time, it was a decent album.  Now, it sticks out like a sore thumb compared to what I've gotten into since then, so that's probably why I consider it to be The Worst.

So, since JoshEEE won't let me live with that answer:

Alice in Chains' self-titled 1995 release.

What a piece of junk!  They went from the excellent Dirt to this heap of rubbish, which I'm actually stupid enough to have bought twice (fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me).

Bought it when it first came out, hated it, then it was stolen a few years later.  Had to buy it again when Layne died a couple years ago, because I was feeling nostalgic for all the old Alice in Chains stuff.

Still hate it.

Horrible, horrible record.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: August 4, 2003, 10:50 PM »
That one is in my top 5 Matt...agreed, not only Dirt but that was the follow up to one my favorite CD's ever...Jar of Flies... :'(

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 4, 2003, 10:51 PM »

movie had good songs which didnt seem to be on the cd
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 4, 2003, 11:58 PM »
Soul for Real's Candy Rain.

I'm sure I didn't intentionally order it. I was in BMG's cd service and I think it was the selection of the month. I must've forgot to mail away the do-not-send card.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #11 on: August 5, 2003, 12:09 AM »
....candy..coated..raaaaaaaaain..drops...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 5, 2003, 12:14 AM »
N'Sync's first CD. I was young and stupid then.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 5, 2003, 01:37 AM »
Symphonies Of The Planets 1 - NASA Voyager recordings
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 5, 2003, 10:50 AM »
N'Sync's first CD. I was young and stupid then.

Not that I have or ever will own any N'Sync albums (yes, I said albums) but if you bought it so the girls would pay attention and think you're cool, I see nothing wrong with that at all.  You may not like the music... ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.