Author Topic: Toy Fair 2012  (Read 29579 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2012
« Reply #15 on: February 9, 2012, 03:22 PM »
They'll never be as cheap as $5, more like $13. (All the great stuff goes to Ross anyway...none around here.)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 9, 2012, 03:34 PM »
5 Below gets some neat things in...  They've just started getting Star Wars but I wouldn't rule them out now either.  The AOTC Wave moved fast there, and Five Belows are EVERYWHERE here.  Every store sold out of them though, which is a good sign they may go for more in the future if they're offered.

Plus AOTC Wave here was incredibly easy to get.  WM here got lots of it in, and some to Target too.  It's amazing what a decent price does for the appeal of figures to folks.  I picked up some Senate Guards but when I wanted a Zam for a custom they were all gone. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 9, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Star Wars AMP'D?

STAR WARS Line

With excitement for STAR WARS hitting a fever pitch in 2012 with the theatrical release of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in immersive 3D, Hasbro is introducing two new STAR WARS expressions called STAR WARS FIGHTER PODS and STAR WARS AMP’D. With STAR WARS FIGHTER PODS, iconic STAR WARS characters get a collectible new gaming twist featuring micro heroes and mega battles! Players use FIGHTER PODS to knock down as many figures as possible. Spin, Launch or Roll your Pod into battle…even connect your Pods together or place your figures on top or inside of them for extra “power”! More than 100 STAR WARS FIGHTER PODS figures will be available in a unique new style from all six STAR WARS films and The Clone Wars animated series—collect them, set them up and knock them down in head-to-head battling play! In fall, kids can gear up for battle with STAR WARS AMP’D. For the first time ever, kids will be able to quickly and easily customize the most iconic STAR WARS vehicles and prepare them for any mission: land, space, sea or air! In 2012, the line features 9 figures and 6 vehicles.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 9, 2012, 04:11 PM »
Just caught this myself...  Interesting but I'm going to guess that, like most sub-lines, it'll have absolutely no tie-in to the basic figures and thus will be a short-lived idea that either works for a quick buck or fails miserably.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 9, 2012, 04:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen the fighter pod things at Target, just not sure of the AMP'd thing though..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 9, 2012, 05:51 PM »
My son loves the Fighter Pods figures... they're pretty cool actually.  I like seeing Hasbro branch out with these.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: February 9, 2012, 07:43 PM »
AMP'd isn't revealed yet.  Fighter Pods are though.

Got a Fighter Pod Bossk and am selling the rest off to a local friend.  :)  Now don't have to worry much bout Fighter Pods.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 9, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Just caught this myself...  Interesting but I'm going to guess that, like most sub-lines, it'll have absolutely no tie-in to the basic figures and thus will be a short-lived idea that either works for a quick buck or fails miserably.

It sounds awful.

It reminds me of the 50 Spider-Man figures I see in every store that has Spider-Man with jetpacks, in scuba gear etc. etc.

It's just really stupid.  How you offer Spider-Man with scuba gear before a Sandman figure is beyond me.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 9, 2012, 10:23 PM »
I can only imagine how this is going to work:

In fall, kids can gear up for battle with STAR WARS AMP’D. For the first time ever, kids will be able to quickly and easily customize the most iconic STAR WARS vehicles and prepare them for any mission: land, space, sea or air! In 2012, the line features 9 figures and 6 vehicles.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 9, 2012, 10:33 PM »
Build your own lightsaber but with ships I guess.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 9, 2012, 10:47 PM »
I'm definitely getting a sense that Adam Pawlus was onto something with the last crop of Class I vehicles and their interchangeable weapons.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 07:34 AM »
I can only imagine how this is going to work:

In fall, kids can gear up for battle with STAR WARS AMP’D. For the first time ever, kids will be able to quickly and easily customize the most iconic STAR WARS vehicles and prepare them for any mission: land, space, sea or air! In 2012, the line features 9 figures and 6 vehicles.

Mhm.  I wonder how much of the sculpting/tooling budget is going into making jet skis for our TIE Fighters and submarine fins for our X-Wings.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Put the TIE Wings on the X-Wing body..how kewl would that be!  8)

Build a droid compatible figures....create a half C-3PO and half Han Solo!  :o

But it won't even be anything that fun. Probably a new scale. They love new sizes...let's make 3 FORCE BATTLERS a different scale from the originals and never go beyond that. Afterall, they are just for some toddler to smash in to the floor. Or GI JOE RETALIATION, 10" figures...two of them...both heroes and they are supposed to....? That's right, be smashed into things by a toddler.

I must've been a weird kids because I preferred things at least close to the same size. I had one 12" Star Wars figure I never really did anything with, it was cool...but i didn't play out GIANTS ATTACK stories too much.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 07:51 AM »
So who's in town for all the brouhaha today?

Anyone here doing any podcasting, streaming, tweeting, etc?

1pm is the Hasbro presentation? Or just the SW part?

Prepared to be underwhelmed!  (Not by the coverage, but the "reveals")  ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 07:58 AM »
Where is Toy Fair even, NYC?

I've never gone to one.  I'm going to a Comic Con in the end of March and then the big one as usual in October.