Author Topic: Toy Fair 2012  (Read 29588 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2012
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Interesting no new Jedi Force stuff was shown. So have they abandoned Jedi Force stuff for AMP'D?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2012, 01:08 PM »
It seems ARMP'D is in scale with Jedi Force so I'm guessing that it's just an extension of it.  Maybe I'm wrong on that but that was the impression I got.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2012, 01:24 PM »
Just a reminder that our Toy Fair 2012 photo gallery was posted last night!

We have to thank P-Siddy for the last-minute coverage for us since prior obligations kept all of us from attending this year (Real life can be such a downer!), but Steve made sure he had things under control for us!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2012, 01:42 PM »
So is it me, or have none of the collector sites actually been able to get a hold of Hasbro's Star Wars slideshow? 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2012, 01:44 PM »
This pic is of an Imperial Uniform from ANH I believe, that was on display at one of the shows.  It may or may not have been Tarkins, but on the Death Star there were a couple different colors of uniforms it appeared, and Tarkins uniform (which has been on tour) was pretty much this color it seemed.

Beyond ANH they seemed to be all the lighter grey.

Still don't think this is the same color as the figure Hasbro showed though.  Could be camera flashes and lighting too, but theirs is more green than olive or green-grey.  This is what it ought to be though, I believe, as Tarkin wears a distinctly different color than say Bast or some of the other officers seem to have on.  Yet some have the same color outfit (could be a military branch distinction of course, or just mixing things up so they looked more "German" with the various greys, greens, blacks, etc.).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2012, 01:45 PM »
No Nick, it's not you.  They didn't put it out for some reason.  Just individual pics of the toys.  Was a tad bit more tedious.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Wow, what a letdown.

- Tarkin sucks, which is disappointing considering how long we've been waiting for one. Why waste soft goods on him? That's just a puzzling move, save that for Jedi or Troopers, or people who actually do more than just stand there and walk around. Would it kill Hasbro to have some consistency between their Imperial Officers?

- Really digging the ROTJ figures, especially the Royal Guard and the Weequay. I'll pick up a bunch of the Royal Guards since I only found one during the ROTS line. I also want to make some Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax customs since I missed that set too.

- Realistic Clone Wars figs are meh. I might get Ahsoka just because but do I really need a costume variant of Anakin or Obi-Wan? I'm happy enough with the 2D Animated Clone Wars versions of them. I'd rather see villains like Cad Bane, Pre Visla, etc.

- I understand why people are upset about Hoth Luke but I don't mind. I'll gladly snag one.

- MORE Sandtroopers and Vaders?

- 2nd year in a row for a lame SDCC Exclusive, but I'll get Bespin Leia when it hits retail. Money saved I guess.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, 02:10 PM »
No Nick, it's not you.  They didn't put it out for some reason.  Just individual pics of the toys.  Was a tad bit more tedious.

They've traditionally put out two groupings of images on the FTP site:  a press release gallery, plus the presentation.  Not pleased that it's just been the press release so far.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Yeah it's been odd thus far.  The slideshow may happen but ultimately I think the same photos will be in it so I'm not too concerned.  They'll just be in slide form.  They probably felt it was redundant or they're dragging their feet on it or whatever.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2012, 02:29 PM »
It was also announced that the Royal Guard comes with a training gear head variant.

Hasbro gave out some samples of the Fighter Pods game that they are coming out with. I got a Royal Guard and Sandtrooper and must say I might be picking these up. I don't care about the ships and all, but since these are blind packed, we might have to get a trading thread on here. I also have a list of figures available from series 1 (I don't think there's a thread for it yet, is there?) that I can post.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:32 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 02:32 PM »
What's a training gear head exactly?  Like the Diamond Select Crimson Empire set figures had?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 02:44 PM »
What's a training gear head exactly?  Like the Diamond Select Crimson Empire set figures had?

They didn't have any examples of it, but I'm guessing it might be like the Crimson Empire set.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I'm excited about the OT figures on the plate. While I agree that some of the pieces at this stage might be less than stellar, I'm going to hope that they are not final, final.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2012, 06:06 PM »
Wow, what a letdown.

- Tarkin sucks, which is disappointing considering how long we've been waiting for one. Why waste soft goods on him? That's just a puzzling move, save that for Jedi or Troopers, or people who actually do more than just stand there and walk around.

Death Star conference all the officers are sitting. I like for them to sit, but that cloth looks bad, even the old POTF2 molded on "skirt" detail was better looking (and he could sit).

Would it kill Hasbro to have some consistency between their Imperial Officers?

They've never gotten them right. It's amazing. They sculpted Needa's torso with removable rank badges and have only used it again on At-At Commander whose badge is covered up by his armor.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2012, 07:13 PM »
I'm baffled by the Tarkin soft goods... they could have given him a flexible soft plastic tunic if they wanted to make him be able to sit easily.  And with the way the belt is sculpted to the torso, customizing this won't be easy at all.  Ugh.  Whoever came up with this idea at Hasbro has pissed off a lot of customers.