Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Baseball 2012  (Read 13535 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Baseball 2012
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 01:04 AM »
I could use about 10 of those days.

At least Ellsbury and Halladay are back.   :-\

Have I mentioned my Mike Trout man-crush?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:05 AM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 09:56 AM »
Scott's offensive night was probably was one of the top 5 offensive showings I've seen since I started playing with you guys in 2004.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 4, 2012, 11:22 PM »
After drafting Halladay and Hernandez with my 2nd (13) and 4th (27) rounders, I just now today finally got the kind of day I envisioned from them:

Also, after spending most of the season in dead last, I'm at least temporarily in 2nd today.  I don't believe it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 06:13 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 12:23 AM »
Guys
I want to drop Adam Jones but he's on the can't cut list.  I can change that easily enough as the commissioner, but I need permission from you guys to do so. 

The can't cut list is set by Yahoo, not us.  It is a setting I can change to no "can't cut" players or leave as the Yahoo setting. 

So can I go ahead or not?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2012, 01:08 AM »
I'm missing something I think...  Looking at your roster why wouldn't you drop Zobrist or Stubbs before dropping Jones?

On the surface of it, I think it's your team and you should be allowed to as long as it's obvious that you're not stacking the deck... but I'd probably trade you for the guy (I just lost Melky Cabrera (serious hit to my team) and could use an OF) if you're interested in parting with him.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:27 AM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2012, 02:02 PM »
I'll look at your roster and let you know.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2012, 08:26 PM »
The can't cut list never makes any sense to me.  It floats week to week.  Sometimes my studs are on it, other weeks they aren't.  It's a pain in the parts, and in the past the commissioner has always granted can't cut list players to be dropped if the owner requested.  Most often those events were due to severe injury to the player.

In any event, feel free to cut "can't cut list" players.  I'm fine with it.  And it's always been that way from what I recall.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Thanks Matt.

Digging into it a bit it's not a standard setting for smaller leagues like ours, but it is a default setting for yahoo.  So unless the commissioner turns it off it's there ::)

I ended up dropping Stubbs, so it's not an issue.  Rob, nothing appealed on your roster that I thought you'd part with for Jones.  If you want to make an offer for him of what you're willing to give up we'll see if we can work something out. 

I'll leave the can't cut list alone for now, but will turn it off in a week or so.  I'll try and remember to not have it there in future leagues. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 4, 2012, 11:44 AM »
Congrats Brent!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 4, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Congrats Brent!

Gracias. 

A bit surprised really given where I was in June/July but seemed to come back.  Sure not especially thrilled with my first pick and my second pick had some mighty bad luck on the year.  But three out of four years gives me a big, old smile on my face.   :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: October 5, 2012, 09:48 AM »
My hitters completely fell apart there in August...I thought I had it all sewn up there for a while...long season and all that

Congrats too to DR for catching me on the last day.  I wasn't paying attention to my innings or I might of tried the old Start 7 pitchers on the last day trick

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 5, 2012, 10:56 AM »
My whole team crumbled too... I spent the whole first half in last, but climbed all the way to first with then my pitching started to get mediocre (Felix Hernandez I'm looking at you), one of my Cabreras got caught doping....  Injuries to Jacoby Ellsbury, Mark Teixera, Ian Walker, and Mike Napoli didn't help... and I could have done a much better job using my games... I had 59 games left and 45 innings that I didn't use.

It feels like a wasted season too with the free agent pick up of the decade (Trout - he's a top 3 pick next year) and the first triple crown winner in forever on my team.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2012, 10:56 AM by Rob »